Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Any recent reports?

I have a VERY early flight out of PDX and am currently trying to decide between:

Fairfield Inn North Harbor @ $80
Courtyard North Harbor @ $71
Springhill Suites @ $85
and a very tempting $67 rate at the Fairfield PDX

or another very nearby Marriott ???? (i really rather not have to stay in town, get up any earlier than necessary and/or deal with a cab)

where would you stay?
Old May 2, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Cool

I always stay at the airport CY but of your chices I'd go with the FIm. It's much closer than the North Harbor locations.
Old May 2, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
I always stay at the airport CY but of your chices I'd go with the FIm. It's much closer than the North Harbor locations.
Thanks,I'll take a look at the PDX CY.

About the North Harbor properties, iirc, according to the Marriott website, they're only another mile or 2 away and i believe the CY North Harbor was the first property listed as closest to PDX.

Although I'm not really a TripAdvisor devotee, I was surprised to see the NH properties rated so highly

btw, am I correct to assume that from my list you meant the PDX FI?
Old May 2, 2009, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems some of the FIs there have been offering PointServer reservations. So, it might not be a bad deal.
Old May 3, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Smile

Yes, I meant the FI. That darn "alt" key on my BB is too small. The NH locations are newer and I know the CY has some riverfront rooms but they are not closer in road miles. AAA lists the NH CY as 8.3 miles by road from the terminal and the Airport CY as 1.3 miles. SHS & FI are across the road so they are about the same distance. Of the 3 airport locations the SHS is the newest but I have not stayed there. The NH locations are really sort of in no mans land and in my opinion are intended for travelers on I-5. The airport locations are situated among several hotels and offer more food choices within walking distance. No fine dining but there is a McD's, BK, Subway, Shari's (think Dennys) and a couple of others close by.

I know the airport CY offers a free shuttle as I use it often when I have early flights. My office is nearby so if you need to know something specific, PM me and I'll see what I can find out.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: DL Silver, USAir Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Courtyard PDX Promo Rate

I am booking a stay in Portland, OR this weekend using the LPR rate code. The rate rules state:

Give a Day, Get a Night, includes 50 percent off of Prevailing Rates, Proof of 8 hrs. at 501C3 authorization form required, based upon availability, limited to 1 rooms per card member, see Rate Rules

Does anyone know what proof I would have to bring and show to get the discounted rate? (Letter, ID badge, etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Something like this:
http://www.sagehospitality.com/speci...ygetanight.htm
This offer is based on availability.

Complimentary rooms must be reserved 48 hours prior to arrival.

Advance reservation is required. No advance deposit necessary and individual hotel’s standard cancellation policies apply.

The Give a Day – Get a Night discount is taken off the normal, published room rate

Applicable taxes apply.

Blackout dates apply and there are a limited number of complimentary rooms available at each hotel.

Rooms will be booked on a “first come first served” basis.

Guests will be asked at check in to share a letter on official letterhead signed by registered 501(c)3 non-profit verifying the time volunteered, 8 hours must be completed.

Volunteer hours are to be unpaid hours.

Volunteer hours must be completed between July 1, 2009 and December 18, 2009.

The Give a Day – Get a Night program runs from July 1, 2009 to December 20, 2009

If a guest is staying for multiple nights, the discount is applied to first night of stay only. There is only one complimentary night per individual per hotel through-out the duration of the promotion.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Smile Need a good rate for Portland on 9-10 aug

Hello,

My wife and i will spend a night in Portland,OR from 9-10 aug

We like to stay in a full service Marriott or Renaissance, we have a car, so maybe without expensive parkingcost?

Does anybody got some tips for a rate under $ 100, we have a tight budget.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Pas and Eun.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:29 am

not possible

First, have you checked marriott.com for rates? That is concrete information to start with. Week days are more expensive with the two Marriotts in downtown Portland. Weekends are running about $150. Parking is about $30 at each. We live in Oregon and stay at the Marriotts on weekends when the rates are decent (or using an elite certificate). That means we check for other properties, like Fairfields near Portland. We often stay at Lake Oswego Fairfield Inn, and I've heard good things about the one in North Harbor. (Check tripadvisor.) Probably lowest cost are the ones near the airport -- especially the Fairfield.

If you are asking about the quality of properties, that's a different story. One Marriott is by the river and another close to other nice hotels and shops.

Good luck.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:46 am

cpspas: If you file a BRG claim your "Look no Further Rate" for one night (checking in on 8/9/10) at MR Portland Marriott City Center will be $ 89.25 (tax not included). For Parking, here are SmartPark rates.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, MR Plat Prem, HH Diamond
If you don't need a car other than to get to or from the airport, take the MAX (light rail) from the airport arrivals straight into downtown. Less than $5 per head round trip to downtown, five minutes' walk from Pioneer Place to the FS downtown, not sure about the one by the river. Also five minutes' walk from stops to a couple of Courtyards.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
You can also park and ride from the Sunset Transit Center, it's only about 10 minutes to ride downtown on the MAX. The parking is free, and in a nicer part of town. Make sure to visit your car once a day, because I believe that the parking has a 24 hour limit.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Any recent experiences? We are deciding between these two hotels for a weekend stay. Rates are similar.

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by piyush
Any recent experiences? We are deciding between these two hotels for a weekend stay. Rates are similar.

Thanks!
Spending my last night of three in the PDX City Center. The hotel is a no frills experience. It's Friday night and I feel as though I may be the only person in the hotel. Have seen no concierge for the entire stay. Front desk was a suitable substitute. There are many restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are nice if modest.

The proximity of the MAX is a big plus (+++). But be prepared, it is indeed very slow until you get past Lloyd Center on your way to the Airport.

The concierge lounge is closed for the weekend and no breakfast vouchers. During the week, the lady who runs breakfast is very nice and very helpful. The breakfast spread was maybe one notch above (a 6 instead of a 5) normal Marriott CL fare. But again, there was never a concierge in the lounge either.

Overall, clean and very serviceable. Don't expect spectacular and you won't be disappointed.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:56 am

Have stayed at both on various weekends in the last couple of years. I like City Center simply because of the location and it's new. Easy to walk to all of the downtown restaurants, bars etc also, an easy commute off the MAX from PDX.

Waterfront is a 15 minute walk to anything except of course the waterfront. Also, if you have any luggage, it is a 10 or 15 minute walk from the MAX station if your are trucking in from PDX. (Especially in a typical PDX rain) Rooms are fine, typical Marriott. 2 restaraunts in the hotel which seem to typify hotel food which is sad in a city that is all about food.

Service at both places was above average, was treated very well and greeted all the time, but to me access to the downtown area is the clincher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.