Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I was planning for a car to visit nearby places like wineries, Mt. Hood, etc. I thought maybe I can avoid a car for the first couple of days while we explore Portland itself but it seems like more trouble than its worth.

So the current choice appears to be :
Courtyard City Center - Pay for our breakfast but save on a day or 2 of rental car costs by using the MAX and use cheaper parking nearby.
or
Residence Inn Riverplace - Pay the full $30/day for parking but get free breakfast. Don't see any real savings on rental car vs taxi so might as well keep a car for all the days.

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
From RI Riverplace You need to spend 10 mins on the streetcar into the centre, before changing to the max to get to the airport..

Wife and kids mean I would take a taxi...

No cheap parking close by, and Portland is not a town where you need a car
Old May 1, 2013, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I was planning for a car to visit nearby places like wineries, Mt. Hood, etc. I thought maybe I can avoid a car for the first couple of days while we explore Portland itself but it seems like more trouble than its worth.

So the current choice appears to be :
Courtyard City Center - Pay for our breakfast but save on a day or 2 of rental car costs by using the MAX and use cheaper parking nearby.
or
Residence Inn Riverplace - Pay the full $30/day for parking but get free breakfast. Don't see any real savings on rental car vs taxi so might as well keep a car for all the days.
There is cheap street parking near the RI. Just pay close attention to the rules. The private meter maids are very punctual.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 4getofn
If you need to stay at the airport, in my opinion the RI is by far the best property. I know the CY just did a lobby remodel but the rooms are still "warn".
And if you happen to get a room on the side as the busy commercial street, don't expect to sleep in the CY. I stayed there 2 nights and maybe slept 4 hours total.

Colleagues have stayed at the SH in Vancouver, WA and loved it. It's in a different state but still only about 5 miles from the airport.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by chicaloca453

Colleagues have stayed at the SH in Vancouver, WA and loved it. It's in a different state but still only about 5 miles from the airport.
I stayed at the SHS Portland Airport in March & did a trip report. They run a shuttle from airport but also to the Metra stop, which you can take into the city.

Springhill Suites Portland Airport Trip Report

Found out the day after my stay that the SHS in Vancouver WA was literally next to the office bldg of my client! Had I known that I would have stayed there for convenience' sake. I'm not sure I'd recommend Vancouver location for tourists though unless they had a car. It's in a bit of residential/office building location. The airport location is better for that.

Cheers.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I stayed at the SHS Portland Airport in March & did a trip report. They run a shuttle from airport but also to the Metra stop, which you can take into the city.

Springhill Suites Portland Airport Trip Report

Found out the day after my stay that the SHS in Vancouver WA was literally next to the office bldg of my client! Had I known that I would have stayed there for convenience' sake. I'm not sure I'd recommend Vancouver location for tourists though unless they had a car. It's in a bit of residential/office building location. The airport location is better for that.

Cheers.
The Springhill Suites is about 10 miles and 20 minutes from the airport in case those are thinking it is closer than it is from the above post. For point of reference I live near there.

Definitely agree on it not being a good location for PDX tourists.

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance though. Chipotle, Gustavs (local German food, also have one in PDX), Panera Bread, On the Border, Olive Garden, Pita Pit and a great new burger joint called Killer Burger. Also a movie theater and Whole Foods across the street.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance though. Chipotle, Gustavs (local German food, also have one in PDX), Panera Bread, On the Border, Olive Garden, Pita Pit and a great new burger joint called Killer Burger. Also a movie theater and Whole Foods across the street.
Thx for the update on what's near the Vancouver WA one! I didn't pay too much attention when we were driving to the client's office, although I did notice Gustav's & thought I'd check it out if I had to go there again. Also, I miss Whole Foods, so could potentially get some take-out there & bring it back to the SHS.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Portland Marriott City Center

This is a nice hotel with a great, central location.

I was offered points or the $10 credit as Platinum arrival gift.

I was also offered coupons for breakfast in the restaurant on the weekend. I asked whether this is continental breakfast only or full breakfast. They offer a full breakfast for Gold/Platinum members; you can take from the buffet and/or order from the menu. Interestingly, the coupon I received said "continental breakfast", but I guess it's a standard Marriott coupon.

Lounge opening times:

Mon-Thu 6.30am-10.00pm
Fri 6.30am-noon
Sat closed
Sun 5.00pm-10.00pm

Meals:
Breakfast: Mon-Fri 6.30-9.30am
Hors D'oeurvres: Sun-Thu 5.30pm-7.30pm
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:56 am

Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront

The lounge is closed on the weekend and they only offered continental breakfast in the restaurant. I explicitly asked about this and was told it's continental breakfast only, so I expressed my disappointment and took the points instead.

They have a pretty nice swimming pool (with salt water).

Lounge opening times:

Sunday: 5.00pm - 10.00pm
Monday-Thursday: 6.30am-10.00pm
Friday: 6.30am - 12:00pm

Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6.30am - 9.00am
Appetizers: Sunday-Thursday: 5.30pm - 7:30pm
Dessert: Sunday-Thursday: 7.30pm - 10:00pm

Last edited by tbm13; Jul 30, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:39 am

Wow - too different reports on the weekend breakfast only a few days apart! Would be interesting to find out if the 'full' was offered by the restaurant staff vs. the front desk just saying it's cont'l.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I have not been to the City Center Marriott recently, but I would assume the restaurant is giving gold and platinum members the full breakfast based on my prior stays at this hotel. They have always done it in the past, and the restaurant staff are set in their habits with regards to taking care of elite customers.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, Marriott
Full breakfast

We stayed at the City Center recently. We received the continental breakfast coupon at check in and that translated to full breakfast at the restaurant. The restaurant only has a full buffet so it seems difficult for them to enforce a continental vs. full breakfast policy.

Excellent service as always...
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:08 pm

Sorry for being unclear. My second report was about the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront. Apparently the title was missing. I've added it now.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by tbm13
Sorry for being unclear. My second report was about the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront. Apparently the title was missing. I've added it now.
Thanks - I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tbm13
Do they have an option of upgrading to the full breakfast for an extra fee?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by VA1379
Do they have an option of upgrading to the full breakfast for an extra fee?
I didn't ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.