Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Portland, OR - Marriott recommendations

I just got transferred to a new project for a few months in Portland, OR. Any recommendations for Marriott hotels (or hotels to avoid)? Nice-to-haves for me are: spacious rooms, kitchenettes available, modern decor. I'm Marriott Gold (and will soon be Platinum) if that makes a difference.

I'd like to avoid the Residence Inn if possible because it only earns 5 points per $.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by getagb
I just got transferred to a new project for a few months in Portland, OR. Any recommendations for Marriott hotels (or hotels to avoid)? Nice-to-haves for me are: spacious rooms, kitchenettes available, modern decor. I'm Marriott Gold (and will soon be Platinum) if that makes a difference.

I'd like to avoid the Residence Inn if possible because it only earns 5 points per $.
Where's your job site? If it's downtown, search this forum for threads about the various MR properties downtown to see some of the pros & cons of each.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
There are a few threads referenced in the FAQ thread for Oregon. You might want to check there too.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:39 pm

Thanks. I saw a few historical threads but many were from 2015 or earlier.

I also found two nice looking hotels opening soon:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...land-downtown/

The AC is opening in February (but no room availability until March 8): https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...land-downtown/

The Hi-Lo is opening in March (but no room availability until April 30): https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

I don't see any info on suites or kitchenettes yet though.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:43 pm

I always stay at the Marriott downtown waterfront. It is nice and close to everything.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Residence Inn RiverPlace

Residence Inn Pearl District
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: 1K UAL Marriott Platinum Premier - Ambassador thing-y Hertz President's Circle
Portland Marriotts

To get a kitchenette in Portland, I think your only feasible option at this point is a RI.
If you're getting a long-term deal, be sure to ask for them to waive parking fees ( or half the price -- if that matters; i know it's the company dime, but I still don't like to pay those jacked-up fees).

There's a brad new RI in the Pearl District, which is great for popping out at night for a drink or to nearby massive Powell's bookstore. Traffic can be a real ..... in Portland, so you might check out your commutes before you commit to anything long-term.

Marriott Waterfront ( FS) is a nice property, just went through a remodel. Nice lounge, but I hate the rooms. They jettisoned the desks in favor of an 8" wooden ledge affixed to the way. It's their Next Generation Guestroom. No thanks. The location is good if you need to get on/off I-5/highways. But to walk around at night, maybe a little isolated.

Marriott City Center ( FS -- on Broadway). Middle of the city. lots of restaurants and a Rite Aid within a 1-2 minute walk. If you're there for a while, ask for the larger rooms on the 20th floor - spacious, but not suites. They'll roll a fridge in your room, but again, no kitchenettes. Nice lounge, good views of city.

One great thing you'll learn about Portland: fantastic happy hours. really good prices on food and drinks. Be sure to check out top of Portland City Grill, Ringside, Ruth's Chris, El Gaucho -- all good happy hours. For good kick-back bars: Kelly's Olympian and the Rialto.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
The RI Cascade Station is nice. I live in OR, but will stay here if I've got an early morning flight. Max station in seconds from the front door. Very close to the airport.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
As others said, if you want a kitchenette then you're options are limited to the RI for the downtown area. Outside the city you can include springhill suites for a limited kitchen (sink/microwave/minifridge).
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks. I saw a few historical threads but many were from 2015 or earlier.

I also found two nice looking hotels opening soon:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...land-downtown/

The AC is opening in February (but no room availability until March 8): https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...land-downtown/

The Hi-Lo is opening in March (but no room availability until April 30): https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

I don't see any info on suites or kitchenettes yet though.
I have a confirmed AC res for Friday, Feb. 24th.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:40 pm

For anyone still staying in Portland, the AC Hotel is offering 3,000 bonus points per stay from March 8 - May 31: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...land-downtown/

You have to reserve by April 15, stay by May 31, and book with promo code M11.
msNJV likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
I live 5 blocks from the RI (as mentioned above, the only MR property with kitchenettes) at Lloyd Center...Quick walk to the Max train, downtown in 10 minutes. Heaps of good food and drink..mostly local stuff in one direction, chain type places towards the mall.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For anyone still staying in Portland, the AC Hotel is offering 3,000 bonus points per stay from March 8 - May 31: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...land-downtown/

You have to reserve by April 15, stay by May 31, and book with promo code M11.
Phooey! I have a stay there this coming weekend.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I live close to the RI Downtown and the Marriott Waterfront. Both are decent hotels, with the Waterfront being closer to the "downtown" stuff. The RI is on the streetcar route which can get you into the core downtown area in 10-15 minutes. The RI primarily serves the hospitals and the businesses on the South Waterfront (if that matters).

The AC is smack dab in the middle of downtown and convenient to pretty much everything. There's a lot of construction nearby so be aware of that.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76
I live 5 blocks from the RI (as mentioned above, the only MR property with kitchenettes) at Lloyd Center...Quick walk to the Max train, downtown in 10 minutes. Heaps of good food and drink..mostly local stuff in one direction, chain type places towards the mall.
Agree about the location, and has a nearby movie complex, but the mall area at night can be "challenging", and some of the rooms at the RI are horrendous -- no soundproofing at all between floors, fells like you're living with your neighbors.

Much as I liked the location, I've relocated to Vancouver Springhill and TownePlace Suites when visiting on weekends, unless Mrs. Garkster and I stay at the downtown Marriott on Broadway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.