Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:00 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Yea it describes moxy to a T
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
At least it was cheap
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Between the Nines, Bidwell Marriott, and HiLo for a long weekend on July 4, I’m assuming the consensus would be the Nines, right? How about between the HiLo and Bidwell? The Nines is about $100/night more than the others but the same total for a points redemption. I’ve stayed at the Nines before and it’s fine but I don’t think it’s anything amazing. But it has been about 9-10 years…
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I’d probably stay at the Bidwell again over the HiLo due to the location. Elite breakfast is better at the HiLo, and their rainwater shower head was perfect though…
Old Jun 11, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
favorite property at PDX

Did a search and there's really nothing about the Marriott properties at PDX. I need to overnight there later this week then have a long drive to Canada the following day. TripAdvisor reviews of the various properties make it sound like there's a lot of road noise at several of them; I really need a good night's sleep so this is a problem. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:17 am

Res Inn Cascade Station

Res Inn has my vote. I don’t recall any noise issues. Comfortable rooms, airport shuttle, good staff. It is next to a Target for any last minute needs. Good parking lot. I’ve stayed at the Sheraton. Old hotel, noise complaints not from road but other rooms. Lounge was very minimal. The aloft was very basic. No major complaint.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Oh never mind, it's the Hilton Garden Inn that has the back woods (thought it was the Fairfield Inn).
Old Jul 30, 2023, 12:45 pm

we'll be heading to portland, OR, mid-september. we'll be driving a high-roof ford transit van so generally speaking, no parking in underground or even above ground structures. we need an open parking lot.

it's just a quick, one-night stay. i have found quite a few comments about the city hotels but not much about the surrounding areas. any standout hotels, either in a good way or bad way, e.g places to avoid?
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by rambling man
we'll be heading to portland, OR, mid-september. we'll be driving a high-roof ford transit van so generally speaking, no parking in underground or even above ground structures. we need an open parking lot.

it's just a quick, one-night stay. i have found quite a few comments about the city hotels but not much about the surrounding areas. any standout hotels, either in a good way or bad way, e.g places to avoid?
There's a Courtyard near the Rose Garden/Moda center that has an open parking lot. We've walked back and forth from the arena to there several times, but not in recent years. I think it's still a pretty good area.

Edit: the parking is valet, and the porte cochere is 8'6" - you can probably avoid it if you let the valet know why you can't drive under it. Otherwise looks like the parking lot is one way but I'm sure you can work around that (google maps).
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
There's a Courtyard near the Rose Garden/Moda center that has an open parking lot. We've walked back and forth from the arena to there several times, but not in recent years. I think it's still a pretty good area.

Edit: the parking is valet, and the porte cochere is 8'6" - you can probably avoid it if you let the valet know why you can't drive under it. Otherwise looks like the parking lot is one way but I'm sure you can work around that (google maps).
i did use google maps satellite view to find open parking lots. i found a few hotels in the Beaverton area that look okay plus the parking is free. i normally don't do valet parking if i can avoid it. i can just imagine the valet bringing the car around in the morning. wham! the transit high-roof is over 9 ft.

anyone know if beaverton is a decent area? it's fairly close to where i'm going in the morning.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:11 pm

i did use google maps satellite view to find open parking lots. i found a few hotels in the Beaverton area that look okay plus the parking is free. i normally don't do valet parking if i can avoid it. i can just imagine the valet bringing the car around in the morning. wham! the transit high-roof is over 9 ft.

anyone know if beaverton is a decent area? it's fairly close to where i'm going in the morning.
Beaverton is fine. Most of the hotels are pretty "brand standard" which is harder to find since Marriott allowed them all do do whatever they want.

The Beaverton AC, Element, and Towneplace are all new in the last couple of years. The rest are quite dated but in decent shape.

If you have to drive down 217 be aware the whole length is under construction.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by applesauce
Beaverton is fine. Most of the hotels are pretty "brand standard" which is harder to find since Marriott allowed them all do do whatever they want.

The Beaverton AC, Element, and Towneplace are all new in the last couple of years. The rest are quite dated but in decent shape.

If you have to drive down 217 be aware the whole length is under construction.
great to know about the hotels. thank you.

also good to know about the 217 as i was thinking of using it to go south to the Durham area in the morning. how bad is the 217? should i change hotels? i currently reserved the Element as i much prefer the more modern style over the beige, gold, and ruffles of many other hotels.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:26 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
great to know about the hotels. thank you.

also good to know about the 217 as i was thinking of using it to go south to the Durham area in the morning. how bad is the 217? should i change hotels? i currently reserved the Element as i much prefer the more modern style over the beige, gold, and ruffles of many other hotels.
I wouldn't. I stay in the hotel clusters near the Element a far amount (tapping from the HGI nearby right now) and commute into downtown, further east, or into Washington but do sometime drive that way too.

For mornings, Sunset (US26 West) inbound/east is usually ok until after the 217 interchange. Southbound 217 is usually ok until south of Canyon and then slow and heavy but still moving. However some morning either or both just grinds to a halt, accident, drivers not accelerating, heavier volume, rain, whatever. I keep Maps going even if it's a route I know and just let the voice guide me as conditions change.

If boring bland wasn't an issue or an appointment was, I'd probably choose the CY Portland Tigard as it's next door. Last time I stayed there, the room had a balcony which was a nice touch to otherwise cookie cutter CY design. They do charge a parking fee for their surface lot.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
I wouldn't. I stay in the hotel clusters near the Element a far amount (tapping from the HGI nearby right now) and commute into downtown, further east, or into Washington but do sometime drive that way too.

For mornings, Sunset (US26 West) inbound/east is usually ok until after the 217 interchange. Southbound 217 is usually ok until south of Canyon and then slow and heavy but still moving. However some morning either or both just grinds to a halt, accident, drivers not accelerating, heavier volume, rain, whatever. I keep Maps going even if it's a route I know and just let the voice guide me as conditions change.

If boring bland wasn't an issue or an appointment was, I'd probably choose the CY Portland Tigard as it's next door. Last time I stayed there, the room had a balcony which was a nice touch to otherwise cookie cutter CY design. They do charge a parking fee for their surface lot.
thanks for the info. i think i'll stick with the element and just leave 30 min earlier on monday morning. i don't have a set time i need to be where i'm going. i like the fact that the element is fairly close to the blue line which i intend to take into portland center on sunday to have a look around.
MDtR-Chicago and rustykettel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.