Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 4:40 pm

Does anyone have any experience in trying to redeem 2 of these offers? I recently booked $798/5nt offer but they mailed me another offer the other day. My in laws want to come and it would be great to get 2 of these for the same days.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Was there in Feb. as a non owner, gold for three nights on points in building 2. I had housekeeping every day. Had a full oven as well. Toiletries were replaced.
The beach right in front is quite steep and not conducive to chairs for large groups but to each his own. If you walk towards Dukes, across from the bare lot the beach is a bit better for large groups. I found the supermarket just fine, I don't see any real need to stock up in Costco unless you have a large family for a long stay. The coffee place in the same plaza serves breakfast but it's extremely casual and not too large. The coffee was fine. There is a small but cool farmers market in Kaanapali town, walking distance from the resort. I found it on Wednesday, not sure which days it's there.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 7Continents
Was there in Feb. as a non owner, gold for three nights on points in building 2. I had housekeeping every day. Had a full oven as well. Toiletries were replaced.
You had a full oven because you were in the original Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas (WKORV). WKORV North only have convection microwaves in their units.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:18 pm

Good to know about the better beach and the breakfast place. Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by rdong002
Does anyone have any experience in trying to redeem 2 of these offers? I recently booked $798/5nt offer but they mailed me another offer the other day. My in laws want to come and it would be great to get 2 of these for the same days.
Check the fine print to see if the offer is transferable.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:04 am

Any value to being SPG gold?

I could switch my stays from Marriott to Starwood and get to SPG gold. Any value at Westin Kaanapali? I assume not. Just thought I would verify. We are staying there in the winter.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
I could switch my stays from Marriott to Starwood and get to SPG gold. Any value at Westin Kaanapali? I assume not. Just thought I would verify. We are staying there in the winter.
SPG Gold does receive a 50% bonus on Starpoints earned. That's at Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and all other SPG-participating properties.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
SPG Gold does receive a 50% bonus on Starpoints earned. That's at Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and all other SPG-participating properties.
Other than the extra point per dollar, there is not officially any additional value being gold (or platinum for that matter). From the SPG T&C:

Originally Posted by SPG Terms & Conditions
(c) At the following properties, Members will earn Starpoints for all Eligible Charges; however, upgrades, late check-out, and other in-hotel benefits are not available...

Properties:
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort & Villas, Lahina Maui, HI
Old Apr 16, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Originally Posted by joshc40
We stayed at the Villas last year and are going again next week. I echo the earlier comments about a wonderful facility and amenities but customer service that is no where near up to that standard. We had consistent problems with things that were minor, but when added up were really grating...Not having the room serviced at all, requesting that it be serviced in the morning so that afternoon naps wouldn't be interrupted but not getting morning service, etc...Same problems day in and day out, even after speaking to customer service multiple times...We were able to stay to for a very good price and are returning because the facilities are so great, but again, I don't understand the awful customer service on what should be routine and basic issues. We hope last time was just an outlier, but the repeated nature of the issues don't have me all that optimistic.
Just wanted to follow up on my earlier post. We just returned from our week long stay and the service was very good--no problems at all--we really enjoyed it. Based on other posters' comments about the different level of service (maid service or no maid service/replenishment of cleaners, etc.) and inclusions (free parking or not, etc.), I wonder if maybe on our last stay we were erroneously tagged as staying as part of a time share rather than a hotel booking. In any event, we had good daily service, fresh towels and replacement DW soap, laundry detergent, etc. and free parking for our stay as hotel guests.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
Got a promo email from them today:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6108/kaanapali.jpg

I think next time we would stay here over Westin Maui because of the laundry and kitchen. Bathing suits get wet and they don't dry well in the humidity. Food in West Maui is mediocre and overpriced, so the kitchen would come in very handy!

If you want the invite number, FCFS, assuming it is transferable.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by sunk818
Got a promo email from them today:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6108/kaanapali.jpg

I think next time we would stay here over Westin Maui because of the laundry and kitchen. Bathing suits get wet and they don't dry well in the humidity. Food in West Maui is mediocre and overpriced, so the kitchen would come in very handy!

If you want the invite number, FCFS, assuming it is transferable.
Got the same email promo today. As per the fine print, it is not transferrable. (Although of course I suppose YMMV)
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:39 pm

Room Request?

I've heard people recommend before to put in a room request before arrive. Does anyone know how this is done or if there is even a point to it? I'm staying on points (pre-increase levels), my Gold status has expired, and we'll be arriving around 9PM, so I'm thinking that I'm total bottom of the barrel. All studios are sold out right now, too. The room is tiny, so we'd like to have a balcony/lanai to sit out on while the kid sleeps. South units just have a step-out balcony, correct? Do all North units have a couple chairs?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:42 pm

I got the same offer described above: $798 for 5 nights. I'm not planning a trip to Hawaii, but could take a few days off work for this. It seems like a good value - you can't get a decent room in HI for that price. And I could always use a beach vacation.

So should I book and make a trip out of it? I could pay $498 as a deposit and try and find an airfare sale. What do those of you who have stayed there think? Is there a lot of sales pressure? I'm not going to buy a time share, and I'd rather not spend my time convincing them of that.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by eeeee
I'm not going to buy a time share, and I'd rather not spend my time convincing them of that.
Unless they have changed the T&C's since we received our offer there is not time share pitch required. Now I'm sure if you wanted to hear the pitch....
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by eeeee
I got the same offer described above: $798 for 5 nights. I'm not planning a trip to Hawaii, but could take a few days off work for this. It seems like a good value - you can't get a decent room in HI for that price. And I could always use a beach vacation.

So should I book and make a trip out of it? I could pay $498 as a deposit and try and find an airfare sale. What do those of you who have stayed there think? Is there a lot of sales pressure? I'm not going to buy a time share, and I'd rather not spend my time convincing them of that.
I got the offer back in February, and just returned from the trip a couple of weeks ago. It is great value, and there were no "catches". it was a straight forward $185 off of an Avis rental, no matter what you rented or for how long. The resort itself is great, not one complaint. They only asked once if we would like to do a 90 minute timeshare presentation for 7000 points, which we decided to do. The presentation was great - they noticed we had two young kids and I was already a starwood member, so skipped over the complete presentation, showed us a room, told us prices, and we were gone in 30 minutes.

I was also upgraded to an ocean view room at check in as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.