Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 1:14 pm

you have to have a current owner at the resort refer you and then possibly meet certain requirements, but I'm not sure about that (income etc)
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
If anyone can help me with this please send me a PM. Thank you.

Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
you have to have a current owner at the resort refer you and then possibly meet certain requirements, but I'm not sure about that (income etc)
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
If anyone can help me with this please send me a PM. Thank you.
Try calling the number on this web page and asking for a preview package.
http://www.starwoodvacationownership...ry/preview.jsp

You probably will have to sit through the presentation, but the package is such a good deal it's worth it.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by dvwing
It sure sounds like a good deal to me, being that the rooms run $309 before taxes. I think taxes are 12% so $346 X 5 = $1,730. The SPG points are worth between $70 - $120 depending how you use them. Remember you will have to pay parking too.

By the way, what is UA GS? I would like to hear more about this offer. How did you get the offer? Phone, email, mail...? Sounds like a winner!
You do have to pay for parking, but it's less than the daily resort fee at the Westin. Also, since it's almost all self-parking at the villas, finding a space is easier than at the resort, which has a very small self-parking lot, given the size of the resort.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:16 pm

Smile Can anyone (owner) help me with this. please pm me. thank you

Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:22 pm

We received this offer as well. We stayed at this resort last January and it is fantastic (and I'm a resort SNOB).

I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old, and we went ahead and booked this. It's a fantastic deal. There are no timeshare requirements, basically they're just trying to get people at the resort.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG, UAL, ThankYou
Originally Posted by stephanieg
We received this offer as well. We stayed at this resort last January and it is fantastic (and I'm a resort SNOB).

I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old, and we went ahead and booked this. It's a fantastic deal. There are no timeshare requirements, basically they're just trying to get people at the resort.
If you agree to do a presentation they either give you $100 in resort credit for services/food or 7500 SPG points. We took the SPG points and it wasn't high pressure. They asked how often we vacation and what we spend a night. I told them 1 week per year and $90/night with Cash and Points at a nice resort like theirs. They said "We have nothing for you."
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Snyder81
If you agree to do a presentation they either give you $100 in resort credit for services/food or 7500 SPG points. We took the SPG points and it wasn't high pressure. They asked how often we vacation and what we spend a night. I told them 1 week per year and $90/night with Cash and Points at a nice resort like theirs. They said "We have nothing for you."
For another perspective, I agreed to do a presentation and found it unpleasant. Everything was peachy until I was asked if I was interested in buying a unit that day and I advised that there was nothing on earth that would persuade me to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase something sight-unseen. Then things got a bit testy. I got out of there with my 7500 SPG points, but it wasn't as painless as I had hoped.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by countmookle
For another perspective, I agreed to do a presentation and found it unpleasant. Everything was peachy until I was asked if I was interested in buying a unit that day and I advised that there was nothing on earth that would persuade me to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase something sight-unseen. Then things got a bit testy. I got out of there with my 7500 SPG points, but it wasn't as painless as I had hoped.
Knowing the prices of what is available, what in the world were you buying that would cost "hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase"?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by controller1
Knowing the prices of what is available, what in the world were you buying that would cost "hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase"?
I think countmookle might be talking about the "Total cost of ownership" over the next 25 years or so, thereby factoring initial cost plus ongoing payments for the ever increasing maintenance dues.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:52 pm

Smile Is there a parking fee at villas

Is there a parking fee? I googled some said no fee, some said there's a fee. I will stay there for 5 nights by redeeming points, is there a fee? any hidden fee at all . I can't find out .
thank you.
the website did not say anything.
any answer will be very much appreciated.
anyone did their luau?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tiffany
Is there a parking fee? I googled some said no fee, some said there's a fee. I will stay there for 5 nights by redeeming points, is there a fee? any hidden fee at all . I can't find out .
thank you.
anyone did their luau?
There is no parking fee for owners. I believe there is a small fee for non-owners.

I don't believe the Westin Villas has a luau (at least it didn't in May and early June). Both the Westin Maui and Sheraton Maui have luaus.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
No luaus at the villas. There are grills and it's very enjoyable to bbq there!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (The Hawaiian iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by controller1
Originally Posted by tiffany
thank you.
anyone did their luau?
There is no parking fee for owners. I believe there is a small fee for non-owners.

I don't believe the Westin Villas has a luau (at least it didn't in May and early June). Both the Westin Maui and Sheraton Maui have luaus.
No parking fee for nonowners but you have to display a parking pass.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:33 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by slippahs
Wirelessly posted (The Hawaiian iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

No parking fee for nonowners but you have to display a parking pass.
I'm more confused than ever. hahahahaha. so is it a charge or no charge.
I hope someone can clarify this
thank you very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.