Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Originally Posted by jen3686
I just got back using this mailer offer and had a fantastic time. Worth it in my opinion.
Any advice for me? I'll be heading there, first time in Maui, at the end of this month.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Take an easy and don't do too much! Duke's next store is a good restaurant choice as is Plantation House. Plantation House is a must for a pre-sunset dinner reservation and is about a 15 minute drive north.

Originally Posted by Si_Ting_ca
Any advice for me? I'll be heading there, first time in Maui, at the end of this month.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
Take an easy and don't do too much! Duke's next store is a good restaurant choice as is Plantation House. Plantation House is a must for a pre-sunset dinner reservation and is about a 15 minute drive north.
If you go to Duke's make sure you get the Hula Pie. WOW!!
http://www.funtimehawaii.com/Dukes_Hula_Pie.html
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:20 pm

I went in May. It's a good value. I usually do a more adventurous vacation, and I did enjoy my stay at Travaasa Hana better, but I would recommend it if you like Maui. I got an upgrade to a partial ocean view, but there was no lanai, which surprised me. I tried to get a room with a lanai but was unsuccessful.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just two quick questions about this $798 deal: (1) is plat status recognized on these reservations (e.g. can I request a suite upgrade if there is availability on spg.com) and (2) do these reservations count towards eligible stays for status/the nice choice promotion? At 13 nights for June and July and have this package booked for the coming weekend so it would be nice to know if I'm going to hit 15 with this reservation.

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Originally Posted by 2ndTOTY
Just two quick questions about this $798 deal: (1) is plat status recognized on these reservations (e.g. can I request a suite upgrade if there is availability on spg.com) and (2) do these reservations count towards eligible stays for status/the nice choice promotion? At 13 nights for June and July and have this package booked for the coming weekend so it would be nice to know if I'm going to hit 15 with this reservation.

Thanks!
(1) unlikely. Since this is considered an owner's stay, any normal amenities are also not offered - at least that was what I was told.

(2) the stay will not be considered an eligible for status purposes
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: hyatt
(1) unlikely. Since this is considered an owner's stay, any normal amenities are also not offered - at least that was what I was told.

not very useful, if stay is not eligible
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Between this and the fact that every bar at the property closes by 10PM I'm not anticipating an awesome holiday.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dabaobao
not very useful, if stay is not eligible
No, it is useful when rates are >$400 or 20K points per night. I'd pay $160 per night without stay credit. The 5K SPG points and $185 Avis rental credit are added bouns.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:27 pm

How does one get "referred" to this deal? We own multiple Hyatt's and would love to try out a starwood!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K

Doesn't make good business sense to give a Platinum on the SVO offer a crappy room and no benefits. If the goal is to sell you on ownership, you're off to a bad start with a parking lot room.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:34 pm

I know it's probably a long shot, but if there are any owners out there that would refer me, I'd love to take advantage of this deal. Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: spg platinum: aa platinum
Originally Posted by nickrami
I know it's probably a long shot, but if there are any owners out there that would refer me, I'd love to take advantage of this deal. Thanks!

To those who have asked for referrals in this thread, if you will Pm me all the pertinent info in a single pm, I am happy to send it on to the "friendship program". It requires your name, phone number, email, and address. They usually contact you back by phone first, so if you want it quickly, give your cell so they can actually find you. You must also specify if you want Maui or Kauai.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:24 pm
Original Member

Hi, I'd like to get referred if there are any owners here that wouldn't mind.

Looking for best place and room type with a teen and 'tween.

Thanks for all the comments.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:38 pm

has anyone tried to transfer the "non-transferrable" 5nt offer to someone else? Were they strict on who was checking-in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.