Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa

Hotel Name:The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa
Date of stay: October 2023
Nights: 1
Room Type:1 King, City View
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 706.60 QAR (app. 175.34 EUR)
Competing Rate: 148.53 EUR (app. 590.56 QAR)
Actual Approved Rate: 445.94 QAR (app. 110.66 EUR)
Fully flexible rate that can be cancelled without penalty until one day prior to arrival.
Turnaround time app. 16 hours.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Viks
That happened to me, very similar situation, my claim was rejected for obviously bogus reasons, tax not being included when the website clearly says it is. Someone earlier suggested to cancel the booking, make a new one and resubmit. I did that, and my new claim was rejected accusing me of fraud, trying to manipulate BRG and whatnot. The same reply to my further claims so I simply stayed elsewhere. Just a heads-up that cancelling and resubmitting seems risky now.
I just got the same email. Does it mean I’m banned indefinitely from submitting claims? Looks like I’ll be staying elsewhere. Not exactly rewarding me for loyalty over the last 8 years when you receive an email like this.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
I got the below message today from a hotel for which I did a BRG claim.
This is somewhat interesting as it appears as the hotel thought/thinks, I can just book a lower rate.
Also, why do they think it is an issue that needs to be communicated to me?

"Good Morning,
Thank you for bringing the rate issue to our attention.
I did see that you cancelled your previous bookings and booked under the lower rate.
I will certainly bring this to our Revenue leaders' attention.
Kind Regards"
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Zurich35
I got the below message today from a hotel for which I did a BRG claim.
This is somewhat interesting as it appears as the hotel thought/thinks, I can just book a lower rate.
Also, why do they think it is an issue that needs to be communicated to me?

"Good Morning,
Thank you for bringing the rate issue to our attention.
I did see that you cancelled your previous bookings and booked under the lower rate.
I will certainly bring this to our Revenue leaders' attention.
Kind Regards"
It happened multiple times to me too, forward this email to BRG and let them handle it.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I just got the same email. Does it mean I’m banned indefinitely from submitting claims? Looks like I’ll be staying elsewhere. Not exactly rewarding me for loyalty over the last 8 years when you receive an email like this.
I haven't submitted any claims since. That's quite a strategy for Marriott, accusing customers of fraud for Marriott's own faults. I cancelled bookings and resubmitted multiple times because agents are plain wrong about math and taxes (and stubborn about that) or repeatedly "can't find rate", or just don't reply to my emails. So the only way was to cancel booking and submit new one again in hopes to get a competent agent. Apparently trying to get BRG to work as advertised in now "manipulation".
SPN Lifer and GalaxyChris like this.
Old May 28, 2023, 5:12 am

Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Hotel Name:The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach
Date of stay: February 23-25
Nights: 2
Room Type:1 King, City View
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1044.05 USD
Competing Rate: 385.85 USD
Actual Approved Rate: 289.38 USD
Full Flexible Rate.

Turn around time approximately 6 hours. I was pleasantly surprised/shocked by this one.
Old May 28, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Hotel Name: Myconian Kyma, a Member of Design Hotels™
Date of stay: Sat, Jun 10, 2023 – Tue, Jun 13, 2023
Number of Guests: two
Room Type: Apollon Deluxe Garden View Room
Marriott Brand Website Rate: Marriott did not offer this room category and only offered a Nissos, Junior Suite for 688 Euros
Competing Rate: 319 EUR inclusive of VAT
Actual Approved Rate: 255.44 EUR inclusive of VAT
Breakfast is included on the third-party site and Marriott honored that as well
hann, X-ON, margarita girl and 1 others like this.
Old May 28, 2023, 6:24 am

Bankside London autograph collection

Hotel Name: Bankside London autograph collection

Date of stay: June 2023

Nights: 2

Room Type:1 King

Marriott Brand Website Rate: 507 USD

Competing Rate: 486 USD

Actual Approved Rate: 297 GBP

Esky.com is where I found it
Old May 28, 2023, 6:31 am

Seeing these has given me hope again.
Old May 28, 2023, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
Date of stay: Sat, Jun 10, 2023 – Tue, Jun 13, 2023
Number of Guests: two
Marriott Brand Website Rate: Marriott did not offer this room category and only offered a Nissos, Junior Suite for 688 Euros
Competing Rate: 319 EUR inclusive of VAT
Actual Approved Rate: 255.44 EUR inclusive of VAT
Breakfast is included on the third-party site and Marriott honored that as well
Congrats but I truly don't understand how this got approved with a different room category and inclusions considering what sticklers they are about absolutely every detail. Consider me impressed 🙂
Old May 28, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: None - previously UA
So you are confirmed into a room type that was not for sale on the Marriott web site or you are confirmed in a JS? That is somewhat bizarre if the former?
Old May 28, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
So you are confirmed into a room type that was not for sale on the Marriott web site or you are confirmed in a JS? That is somewhat bizarre if the former?
I was in fact confirmed into a room type that was not for sale on the Marriott website.
KRSW likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by RG306
Congrats but I truly don't understand how this got approved with a different room category and inclusions considering what sticklers they are about absolutely every detail. Consider me impressed 🙂
My claim was initially rejected but was approved after a bit of back and forth. It was on the basis that the cheapest room on the 3rd party site was cheaper than the cheapest room on the Marriott site.
dgreen12, hann, X-ON and 5 others like this.
Old May 29, 2023, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
My claim was initially rejected but was approved after a bit of back and forth. It was on the basis that the cheapest room on the 3rd party site was cheaper than the cheapest room on the Marriott site.
I guess it is for the same type of room - some 3rd party sites use different name. E.g. in a Marriott Suite hotel, they have King Suite and on 3rd party site they have King. When this happens I make a note telling them that there is no regular room in this hotel as it is a all suites hotel.
Old May 29, 2023, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I guess it is for the same type of room - some 3rd party sites use different name. E.g. in a Marriott Suite hotel, they have King Suite and on 3rd party site they have King. When this happens I make a note telling them that there is no regular room in this hotel as it is a all suites hotel.
It's not, this is a boutique hotel with dozens of diffrent room types and the base room category is not a suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.