Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Hotel Name: The Westin Excelsior, Florence
Date of stay: March 023
Nights: 3
Room Type: Deluxe guest room ,1 king
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1,351,75/3 nights net
Competing Rate: 1,255.05/3 nights before taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 1061.27/3 nights before taxes

Hotel Name: Hotel Imperial, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Vienna

Date of stay: Apr 2023
Nights: 2
Room Type: Classic room, Guest room, 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1,070 EUR/2 nights net
Competing Rate: 855 EUR/ 2 nights before taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 320.63 /night before taxes

For my parents...!
Which site did you use?
Hotel Name: The Westin Paris, Vendome
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Type: Superior ,1 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: EUR 552/night before taxes
Competing Rate: EUR 373.88/night before taxes
Actual Approved Rate: EUR 280.41/night before taxes

Happy to see the approved rate but poor reviews on this property make me nervous as this is also for my parents.
I've stayed at the Westin and had a good experience, which site did you use?

Hotel Name: Moxy Oakland Downtown
Date of stay: September 2023
Nights: 4
Room Type: Cozy King, 184 sqft, Guest room, 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $195 /night before taxes
Competing Rate: $185.50 USD average per night excluding taxes and fees.
Actual Approved Rate: $139.13 USD average per night excluding taxes and fees.
Competing Site: rocketmiles.com
Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
[QUOTE=donotblink;34771278]Which site did you use?

/QUOTE]

Good to hear that. It was Destinia.
donotblink likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
[QUOTE=noeatbutgo;34771330]
Originally Posted by donotblink
Which site did you use?

/QUOTE]

Good to hear that. It was Destinia.
Thank you!
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:45 pm

Hotel Name: The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun
Date of stay: Check-in date: 2023-01-20 / Check-out date: 2023-01-22
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Deluxe Guest room, 1 King, Lagoon view, Balcony
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $256
Competing Rate: $212.06
Actual Approved Rate: $159.05

--

Hotel Name:
Royal Palm South Beach
Date of stay: Check-in date: 2023-11-03 / Check-out date: 2023-11-05
Room Type: Classic King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $417
Competing Rate: $254.48
Actual Approved Rate: $190.86

--

Hotel Name:
Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
Date of stay: Check-in date: 2023-01-27 / Check-out date: 2023-01-29
Room Type: Guest room, 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $455
Competing Rate: $322.22
Actual Approved Rate: $241.67
noeatbutgo likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:46 pm

Dear BRGers,
I would like to suggest a quest and I am happy to take yours!

Any chance to see the lower rate for Westin Excelsior Florence (Italy) for 24 Mar-27 Mar (3 nights?) You don't need to reveal your top-classified secret sources but I just would like to know if it is possible to claim a BRG for this stay so that I can decide to spend a few more hours or not.

Again, I am happy to check yours as well if you experience any issue.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:05 pm

Hotel Name: Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Date of stay: 1 night in December 2022
Room Type: Guest room, 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $193
Competing Rate: $177.65
Actual Approved Rate: $177.65 + 5,000 points
Notes: the rate shot up between submission and approval
noeatbutgo likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:11 pm

Dear BRGers,
I would like to suggest a quest and I am happy to take yours!

Any chance to see the lower rate for Westin Excelsior Florence (Italy) for 24 Mar-27 Mar (3 nights?) You don't need to reveal your top-classified secret sources but I just would like to know if it is possible to claim a BRG for this stay so that I can decide to spend a few more hours or not.

Again, I am happy to check yours as well if you experience any issue.
I checked and couldn't find one
Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
I checked and couldn't find one
Thanks- let me know when you also face a similar challenge.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: CX MP Gold, MR Titanium
It's been a long 3 years since I've submitted a BRG and things may have changed a little. At the very least my previous trusty OTAs no longer exist!

The hotel I'm trying to BRG only has prepaid refundable or fully flex rates available. The OTA has prepaid non-refundable. Is it still possible to book the prepaid refundable rate and BRG with the prepaid non-refundable? There's no way for me to book a non-refundable rate on Marriott! My claim was rejected because the conditions were different...
KRSW likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Yannie
It's been a long 3 years since I've submitted a BRG and things may have changed a little. At the very least my previous trusty OTAs no longer exist!

The hotel I'm trying to BRG only has prepaid refundable or fully flex rates available. The OTA has prepaid non-refundable. Is it still possible to book the prepaid refundable rate and BRG with the prepaid non-refundable? There's no way for me to book a non-refundable rate on Marriott! My claim was rejected because the conditions were different...
I am afraid you cannot. Try to find other OTAs!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Yeah that's why it's difficult as some OTAs offer quite attractive non-refundable rate. Would you change your reservation to non-refundable if a BRG is approved? If you do, you could put it into your comments and ask Marriott to change it for you if they approve it. It has happened to some people previously.
Yannie likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM; UA PS; AA PPro; Marriott Titanium; IHG Diamond
Hotel Name: The Westin Paris, Vendome
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Type: Superior ,1 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: EUR 552/night before taxes
Competing Rate: EUR 373.88/night before taxes
Actual Approved Rate: EUR 280.41/night before taxes

Happy to see the approved rate but poor reviews on this property make me nervous as this is also for my parents.
I stayed there one night in August 2021 and one night in August 2022 and enjoyed both stays immensely (both on points). Perhaps my standards are too low
Old Nov 23, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: CX MP Gold, MR Titanium
So I received this explanation in another rejection:

[When evaluating your claim, we must compare the same booking conditions confirmed as your official Marriott reservation including room type, dates of stay, and cancellation policies.

As per the terms and condition provided below:

•Pre-paid, advance purchase, or non-refundable rates on Qunar, eLong, Meituan Travel, Ctrip/Trip.com, Ctrip/Trip.com affiliate sites, or Fliggy are not eligible.

As ****l.com is an affiliated agency of Ctrip.com, the non-refundable rate, advance purchase rate and prepaid rate on ****.com is not eligible for Marriott Best Rate Guarantee program.

I have located a competing rate HKD 2160 which is similar to the rate you mentioned on the claim. However, this is a online prepaid rate and therefore not eligible for comparison.

Therefore, we need to filter flexible rates with ‘free cancellation’, ‘pay at hotel’, and ‘instant confirmation’ on ****.com.]

Does that read as trip.com (and affiliated) rates are fine as long as they are flex with free canc, pay at hotel and instant confirmation?? I always assumed trip.com was a blanket no!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by dadgummit
I stayed there one night in August 2021 and one night in August 2022 and enjoyed both stays immensely (both on points). Perhaps my standards are too low
Thanks for sharing your experience. My parents wouldn't have high standards but as a son I might be too much worrying about any negatives which they would might experience. Still happily keep this BRGed booking.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:33 pm

So I received this explanation in another rejection:

[When evaluating your claim, we must compare the same booking conditions confirmed as your official Marriott reservation including room type, dates of stay, and cancellation policies.

As per the terms and condition provided below:

•Pre-paid, advance purchase, or non-refundable rates on Qunar, eLong, Meituan Travel, Ctrip/Trip.com, Ctrip/Trip.com affiliate sites, or Fliggy are not eligible.

As ****l.com is an affiliated agency of Ctrip.com, the non-refundable rate, advance purchase rate and prepaid rate on ****.com is not eligible for Marriott Best Rate Guarantee program.

I have located a competing rate HKD 2160 which is similar to the rate you mentioned on the claim. However, this is a online prepaid rate and therefore not eligible for comparison.

Therefore, we need to filter flexible rates with ‘free cancellation’, ‘pay at hotel’, and ‘instant confirmation’ on ****.com.]

Does that read as trip.com (and affiliated) rates are fine as long as they are flex with free canc, pay at hotel and instant confirmation?? I always assumed trip.com was a blanket no!
Well nothing to lose I would then try with a flexible rate with instant confirmation at Trip.com for my next BRG!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.