Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Hawwk
I think somebody at Marriott recently checked all OTAs on how they are operating and now many are excluded from the BRG.
I have had BRGs from three different websites (some of which I had been using successfully four weeks ago!) denied last week with the claim from above “…sites that do not pass reservations to the Marriott Central Reservation System (CRS) for confirmation are not eligible…”.
3/3 times by the time the BRG was denied the competing rate by the OTA was gone...
There new BRG agent name I never heard before, I got headache as they deny everything.

I was fighting for one hotel in Indonesia and finally got the 2 rooms (suite+room) needed after 7 BRG claim.

3 OTA with lower price and they constantly deny it, even the legit with excuse about rates/room not matching/did not book.

Without these BRG I see little incentive to stay with Marriott in some competitive market.

​​​​​
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Lisbon Marriott Hotel

Hotel Name: Lisbon Marriott Hotel
Date of stay: November 2022
Nights: 2
Room Type: Deluxe, 1 King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 127 EUR incl tax
Competing Rate: 119 EUR incl. tax
Actual Approved Rate: 89.40 EUR incl tax
It is a prepaid rate that is refundable if cancelled 3 days prior to arrival, turnaround time app. 7 hours.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris

Without these BRG I see little incentive to stay with Marriott in some competitive market.

​​​​​
BRG policies have nothing to do with incentivising stays with Marriott, and everything to do with policing their franchisees to ensure they are following their rate parity agreements.

Marriott 100% does not care whether you choose to stay elsewhere because your BRG claims are denied.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
BRG policies have nothing to do with incentivising stays with Marriott, and everything to do with policing their franchisees to ensure they are following their rate parity agreements.
It’s not the franchisees they want to keep in line, but rather the OTA’s and the wholesalers. Marriott wants to make sure its dyanmic FIT rates aren’t being repurposed by OTAs for the use of the general public, undercutting their own official public rates.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Courtyard Toronto Airport

Hotel Name: Courtyard Toronto Airport
Date of stay: December 2022
Nights: 1
Room Type: Guest Room (2 queen beds)
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 263.24 CAD incl. tax
Competing Rate: 103.20 EUR incl. tax (app. 135.20 CAD)
Actual Approved Rate: 101.32 CAD incl. Tax (app. 77.32 EUR)
Comment: Fully flexible rate that can be cancelled without penalty until one day prior to arrival. turnaround time app. 10 hours.
imverge, joakgarp and reggiekush like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not submitted a BRG request for a few years. I wonder if it is possible to BRG when rooms are sold out on marriott.com while available on OTA? Marriott.com only has suites available. Suites are listed at the same rate but room rates are lower.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
I have not submitted a BRG request for a few years. I wonder if it is possible to BRG when rooms are sold out on marriott.com while available on OTA? Marriott.com only has suites available. Suites are listed at the same rate but room rates are lower.
that's a problem. I have been able to do this with 'similar enough rooms' ... they will probably not allow a comparison with a suite, however.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
At a hotel I stay frequently at, I made 10 BRG claims, all approved.

After my 3rd BRG stay, the General Manager came up to me and checked me in. She said if I find any more cheaper rates to email her and she will match them directly. She said that Marriott fines them for each successful claim.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Xero
At a hotel I stay frequently at, I made 10 BRG claims, all approved.

After my 3rd BRG stay, the General Manager came up to me and checked me in. She said if I find any more cheaper rates to email her and she will match them directly. She said that Marriott fines them for each successful claim.
Yep. It’s somewhere around USD 50.00/100.00 per approved BRG claim. Properties are required to police the misuse of their rates and lock out wholesalers that don’t abide by the rate rules from accessing their systems. Also, properties are free to distribute rooms through their own arrangements outside of Marriott’s distribution channels, in which case they must ensure those distributors abide by Marriott’s rate parity policy.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:06 pm

Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Hotel Name: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Date of stay: December 2022
Nights: 4
Room Type: Guest Room, 1 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 1264.42 CAD incl. tax and breakfast
Competing Rate: 644.25 EUR incl. tax and breakfast (app. 827.28 CAD)
Actual Approved Rate: 628.59 CAD incl. tax and breakfast (app. 477.82 EUR)
Comment: Fully flexible rate including breakfast, turnaround time app. 14 hours.
For some reason the king guest room was less expensive with the flexible rate than the guest room with the queen bed. The queen bed guest room was listed though as the lowest priced for the pre-paid rates.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
There new BRG agent name I never heard before, I got headache as they deny everything.

I was fighting for one hotel in Indonesia and finally got the 2 rooms (suite+room) needed after 7 BRG claim.

3 OTA with lower price and they constantly deny it, even the legit with excuse about rates/room not matching/did not book.

​​​​​
At least you got approved. My go to sites (4 or 5 different ones) have been coming up with goose eggs with BRG lately. I was finally able to score in Fort Lauderdale, but the US cities are getting really hard for me to BRG

Last edited by manually; Sep 13, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Old Sep 13, 2022, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by manually
At least you got approved. My go to sites (4 or 5 different ones) have been coming up with goose egges with BRG lately. I was finally able to score in Fort Lauderdale, but the US cities are getting really hard for me to BRG
Finding BRGable rates on OTAs is becoming increasingly more difficult, if not at all impossible. Especially for stays on a short notice. Marriott has really managed to corner the market.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Finding BRGable rates on OTAs is becoming increasingly more difficult, if not at all impossible. Especially for stays on a short notice. Marriott has really managed to corner the market.
So this is partly due to market forces. Properties just aren’t selling excess rooms on the cheap because they have labor shortages etc.
But I’ve had an OK time using the apps of all the OTA’s, and many times the lowest rates only show up in the app. And then it’s still more difficult since they can’t reproduce on their end etc. And you typically need to check a bunch of the apps before finding a suitable rate. Recent example was Seattle where I found a cheaper rate on a particular OTA iOS app and actually I can see it’s available for other weekends as well.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:22 pm

Nest Hotel Incheon (South Korea)

Hotel Name:Nest Hotel, a Member of Design Hotels (Incheon)
Date of stay: March 2023
Nights: 1
Room Type: Standard double mountain view
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 130’130 KRW (app. 94.38 EUR)
Competing Rate: 91.08 EUR
Actual Approved Rate: 98’129 KRW (app. 71.17 EUR)
Fully flexible rate that can be cancelled without penalty until one day prior to arrival. Turnaround time app. 19 hours.
donotblink likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Hotel Name: Aloft Orlando International Drive
Date of stay: 10/1/22-10/7/22
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Standard King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $128.10
Competing Rate: $78.20
Actual Approved Rate: $58.65
Turnaround time about 19 hours.
donotblink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.