Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy BRG Best Rate Guarantee : Success, failure & discussion (2022 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Basically tui.com is like trip.com - no instant confirmation
Old Mar 26, 2023, 12:30 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Traveluro, Gosplitty, and Algotels.com

It seems a few more websites are added to the non-instant category.
"Marriott reserves the right to deny a claim if it cannot independently verify the availability of a Comparison Rate at the time it processes the claim. After extensive testing from our Corporate office, we have found that we do not consistently receive reservation requests from (Traveluro, Gosplitty, Algotels.com) as well as any site affiliated with their ownership group Holisto LTD (this would include Traveluro, Gosplitty, and Algotels.com). For this reason, we are unable to approve your claim.
Sites that do not pass reservations to the Marriott Central Reservation System (CRS) for confirmation are not eligible for the Guarantee (‘Applicable Rates’ at the link provided below)."
joakgarp likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:58 pm

Recently used a number of booking.com offers and had great success with a few fairfields/sprighill suites on the east coast. First time I used booking.com, BGR said "sorry we could not find your rate". I responded "ok no problem, I will just book on booking.com". E-mail came the next day saying that "I was able to look into your case again and in fact I found the rate". Next few times I booked booking.com before Marriott so I just put in confirmation code from booking in the message and it has gone through. One hotel even asked me to cancel the booking one!

Also, a lot of those booking rates were genius, but they did not care.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Barciur
Also, a lot of those booking rates were genius, but they did not care.
That is surprising. They usually don't accept these
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Unable to submit

Is there an issue right now to submit a claim?
After choosing submit on the claim page I am being redirected to default homepage: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi
There is no confirmation that the claim was submitted, The fields are still being validated but nothing happens afterwards.
Tried different connections (home/office/mobile hotspot) but no difference.
Any idea?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:48 pm

Rate difference

Hi, I submitted a brg claim yesterday for a hotel which had quite a difference between the rate reserved on Marriott vs hotels.com & Expedia. The rate on those sites was €301.29 and the rate on Marriott €363. I ended up reserving both as both are refundable.

The agent approved the claim on the same day but stated the competing rate he found was €358 which is higher than the one being advertised on both sites. This higher rate would result in me saving less.

I have checked both the sites and the same rate I reserved at on Expedia is still available and being advertised. I have checked via vpn and it is available in Europe too.

Has the agent made a mistake or do you think they don’t want to approve a claim with such a big difference as the saving will be around €500 for our stay. I have emailed Marriott back with confirmation of my booked rate with Expedia but is there something else I can do?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rpat
Hi, I submitted a brg claim yesterday for a hotel which had quite a difference between the rate reserved on Marriott vs hotels.com & Expedia. The rate on those sites was €301.29 and the rate on Marriott €363. I ended up reserving both as both are refundable.

The agent approved the claim on the same day but stated the competing rate he found was €358 which is higher than the one being advertised on both sites. This higher rate would result in me saving less.

I have checked both the sites and the same rate I reserved at on Expedia is still available and being advertised. I have checked via vpn and it is available in Europe too.

Has the agent made a mistake or do you think they don’t want to approve a claim with such a big difference as the saving will be around €500 for our stay. I have emailed Marriott back with confirmation of my booked rate with Expedia but is there something else I can do?
It might be a location issue where they see a different rate from their location. All you can do it appeal and ask a supervisor to look at it and send the screenshot but if they can’t see that rate, there’s not much you can do. At least you’re getting 25% off even if it’s a bit higher. They genuinely wouldn’t deny you the rate if they found it.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
It might be a location issue where they see a different rate from their location. All you can do it appeal and ask a supervisor to look at it and send the screenshot but if they can’t see that rate, there’s not much you can do. At least you’re getting 25% off even if it’s a bit higher. They genuinely wouldn’t deny you the rate if they found it.
Good news the rate I found got accepted after I responded to the email.

The BRG forwarded the claim onto the hotel themselves who then went ahead and honoured the rate I found and gave me 25% off that.
margarita girl and yorkboy24 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:41 pm

Change Payment Method

Does anyone know if after a successful BRG claim you want to change the payment card on file, would this void the BRG?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rpat
Does anyone know if after a successful BRG claim you want to change the payment card on file, would this void the BRG?
I would just change the payment method at check in or check out.
SPN Lifer and Jiatong like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
I am getting fairly ridiculous rejections based on the Mariott.com price not including tax being lower than the tax inclusive price on Hotels.com. I've gone round in circles via email with replies that claim that the Hotels.com prices don't include VAT - neither does Marriott.com, or that Hotels.com doesn't include taxes - it clearly says the opposite right next to the price.

Is it worth phoning up, or will that just increase my frustration levels? Or any other route to try? I've discovered the Lurkers on here don't deal with BRG claims.

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2023, 7:04 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Originally Posted by omk298
I am getting fairly ridiculous rejections based on the Mariott.com price not including tax being lower than the tax inclusive price on Hotels.com. I've gone round in circles via email with replies that claim that the Hotels.com prices don't include VAT - neither does Marriott.com, or that Hotels.com doesn't include taxes - it clearly says the opposite right next to the price.
That happened to me, very similar situation, my claim was rejected for obviously bogus reasons, tax not being included when the website clearly says it is. Someone earlier suggested to cancel the booking, make a new one and resubmit. I did that, and my new claim was rejected accusing me of fraud, trying to manipulate BRG and whatnot. The same reply to my further claims so I simply stayed elsewhere. Just a heads-up that cancelling and resubmitting seems risky now.
omk298 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Viks
That happened to me, very similar situation, my claim was rejected for obviously bogus reasons, tax not being included when the website clearly says it is. Someone earlier suggested to cancel the booking, make a new one and resubmit. I did that, and my new claim was rejected accusing me of fraud, trying to manipulate BRG and whatnot. The same reply to my further claims so I simply stayed elsewhere. Just a heads-up that cancelling and resubmitting seems risky now.
When submitting BRG claims, remember the person assessing the claims will be accessing the site from the US. In the US, taxes are generally not included until the last step. The agents are not trained to understand that other countries have different rules. For example, I am based in the UK where taxes are required to be included in the big number quoted, and there is often no specific line for taxes (since its already included). So if you submit a claim based on a screenshot of a price only, they will make the wrong assumption that taxes is not included. They will not spend the time to actually read anything.

The way to get around this, is to a) use a VPN to access the site via the US or b) most sites allow you to manually force the geography/currency of the site, so that what you are submitting is exactly what the agent will see. I find that this will normally solve all issues.

Interestingly, sometimes you will find that the BRG opportunity disappears as ex-US sites of global sites sometimes seems to have access to cheaper inventory that US-based users cannot see.
Viks likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:48 am

Super.com

One more site that is not eligible as the reservations don't always reach Marriott reservations:
"Marriott reserves the right to deny a claim, if it cannot independently verify the availability of a Comparison Rate at the time it processes the claim.
After extensive testing, we have found that reservation requests from this Super.com site do not consistently transmit to Marriott systems and therefore we are unable to approve your claim.
Our terms state: “…sites that do not pass reservations to the Marriott Central Reservation System (CRS) for confirmation are not eligible…

It was the first time this site came up as a search result from Kayak. I figured I give it try.
ecgz88 and nacho like this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:07 am

SpringHill Suites New York JFK Airport/Jamaica

Hotel Name:SpringHill Suites New York JFK Airport/Jamaica
Date of stay: June 2023
Nights: 1
Room Type: King Studio Suite
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 351.20 USD incl. tax
Competing Rate: 257.37 EUR incl. tax (app. 293.98 USD)
Actual Approved Rate: 215.18 USD incl. tax (app. 195.04 EUR)
Fully flexible rate that can be cancelled without penalty until two days prior to arrival.
Turnaround time app. 19 hours. I was a bit surprised about the rates for a JFK airport hotel. Still less expensive though than the Residence Inn JFK, which was roughly 440 USD incl tax.
margarita girl, nacho and paulum like this.

Last edited by Zurich35; Apr 16, 2023 at 3:38 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.