Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
"I do see that you have re-earned Platinum status in 2019 for a 7th Platinum year. I have inquired and received confirmation that on January 31, 2020 our Tech team started updating Elite and Lifetime status on millions of accounts. There are no timelines or deadlines as to when it will be completed."
That is simply just not true since some accounts got updated on the 3rd of Jan.

it should read: "Since the current automatic process to update Elite and Lifetime status is highly unreliable the tech team started a manual update of the accounts with ETA 31 Dec 2021"

Last edited by X-ON; Feb 6, 2020 at 2:41 am
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
Here's the answer that I received back after an inquiry to my ambassador; the answer came from a separate support team:

"I do see that you have re-earned Platinum status in 2019 for a 7th Platinum year. I have inquired and received confirmation that on January 31, 2020 our Tech team started updating Elite and Lifetime status on millions of accounts. There are no timelines or deadlines as to when it will be completed."
Completely untrue, except for the point about there being no timelines or deadlines, of course.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:15 pm

Marriott denies a platinum status, HELP

Hello,
In the mid of January my account showed 9 nights needed to reach platinum status (I have a screenshot to prove it)
I stayed 12 nights at the Marriott properties since then.
That means I should have been Platinum. Yet when I log in to my account today, it states I still need 10 more nights to the Platinum status.

After several phone calls with several Marriott agents (some of them were supervisors) that led absolutely nowhere. They seem to be like robots, not listening to my case, not willing to set the record straight.
Who should I contact that can help me to get my status corrected?
Thank you.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:22 pm

Do you actually have the 50 nights required for platinum status? If you only stayed 12 nights in January, I’m thinking not, even with 15 credit card nights. Or did you actually spend the first half (actually, the first 26 days) of January in a Marriott?
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It's bad Marriott IT (shocker), you actually needed 50 nights for Platinum as of 1/1, the site/app just didn't show it.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:39 pm

the point is that when I logged in to my account in Mid January, it showed 9 nights to Platinum. after that I stayed 12 nights, which is more than required 9 nights.
Yet, my status does not show as platinum today.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Boleslav
the point is that when I logged in to my account in Mid January, it showed 9 nights to Platinum. after that I stayed 12 nights, which is more than required 9 nights.
because they have terrible IT and the counter is wrong. Unless you have 50 nights, you aren’t entitled to Platinum. This is why they aren’t helping you.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:44 pm

shouldnt they be held accountable? What's the point of having a bad web site that no one can rely on.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
People have seen all kinds of glitches as they do year end updates. The question is - how many nights did you have mid Jan?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
So as of mid January you did not have 41 nights recorded/earned? Because 41 plus 9 would give you the required 50 nights to achieve Platinum status but you seem to be side stepping that direct question. How many nights have you earned since January 1st? Just 12 nights?
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
shouldnt they be held accountable? What's the point of having a bad web site that no one can rely on.
Lol. How would you feel if the site went the other way and wiped your nights?

Would you be standing by your screenshots?

​​​​
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:50 pm

hahaha accountable... Marriott? But really, accountable for what? Not providing you with something you aren’t yet entitled to? Spending anytime on this forum would tell you how bad their IT is, and how the counters were wrong.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:50 pm

Still showing Ambassador Elite Status despite not re-qualifying

Both my app, and website are showing me as Ambassador Elite, despite not re-qualifying last year. The problem is, I really really need to know if this is a mistake, or if I was somehow granted an exception without me knowing. Because I did not re-qualify I was planning on switching to Hyatt, and have already accumulated 22 nights this year with them. Is anyone else still showing Ambassador Elite despite not qualifying last year?

as a data point, I had about 130 nights, but only 14k spend, and also spent probably over a million points in award stays.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Give it this month and it will re adjust. My SO is still showing Platinum despite not requalifying this year. So we are looking at status refreshing at the end of February now. I did requalify organically, so we will keep puting Marriott nights on mine and Hilton night on my SO's who is Gold (free breaky).
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Nop, they should not. The amount of nights needed to get Platinum status is 50 nights in a calendar year. Did you stay 50 nights including those that come from Cobranded Credit Cards or hosting events @ Marriott hotels that include a room block?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.