Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Bonvoy has already zeroed out my account for 2019 at about 10 pm Eastern time. I had wanted to check and document my totals for the year and now all I can see is my lifetime nights.

Annoying, even though I requalified for Amb a while ago and have LTT.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had wanted to check and document my totals for the year and now all I can see is my lifetime nights.
You don't keep your own spreadsheet? I think they may have switched at 00:00 UTC.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You don't keep your own spreadsheet? I think they may have switched at 00:00 UTC.
NO, I usually just watch that every stay posts correctly and that no points have been mysteriously deducted.

ADDED: I still have some SNAs that expire today in my account. They weren't removed yet even though it's obviously too late to request that they be applied.
KRSW likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I can still see 2019 summary totals in the Android app.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

I was looking on my laptop. However, I'm an iPerson, so no Android app access.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:18 pm

Does anyone know how the system is going to track the total nights for 2019 for stays with check-out dates close to Dec 31 or right after Jan 1?
I just checked out from a hotel earlier today (Dec 31), and my stay was for 5 nights.
I need those 5 nights to hit Titanium for 2020, and since the annual night count got zeroed out already, I'm a little worried the system might mess up the nights for 2019.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agjil
Does anyone know how the system is going to track the total nights for 2019 for stays with check-out dates close to Dec 31 or right after Jan 1?
I just checked out from a hotel earlier today (Dec 31), and my stay was for 5 nights.
I need those 5 nights to hit Titanium for 2020, and since the annual night count got zeroed out already, I'm a little worried the system might mess up the nights for 2019.
If you have a folio showing a December 31st checkout, I don't see how it could be a problem, although Bonvoy's IT and CS might create one.
jrey likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It's like Marriott is anxious to turn the page on 2019 or something...
MaxFlyer, HPN-HRL, KRSW and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
I was looking at my account too, well, I limped to 53 nights so finally achieved Platinum (after losing it 2 years back) but now my account says I've stayed 7 nights in 2020 and have 5 bonus nights, so 12 total for 2020 and need "5 nights to renew Platinum". Weird?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:00 am

Data glitches during the 2019/2020 Status Reset

Hi again guys, just looking at my account today and obviously the "nights this year" tab has been reset to 0. However, when I goto my overview tab, it says "10 nights to Titanium" under the "0 nights this year" section. I thought I would need to stay to stay another 50 days this year to keep my platinum and then another 25 days to be upgraded to titanium ? Last year I stayed a total of 55 nights so I am not sure where the 10 nights even comes from or if it is a bug ?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by agjil
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...years-eve.html
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Yep my account was also zero, & as post 3 above said it might be a SNA tweak/update as i also lost a 2019 SNA. ( it just expired ). But all the 2020 SNA's are there + 15 mrt bonvoy credit card nights as bonus nights. (they normally post mid feb from chase).
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:22 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Returned home on 30. December after a 5-nite stay in Barcelona. This stay would bring my 2019 total nights to 52, thereby renewing Platinum Elite status.

The account has been zeroed out and the stay has not yet posted.

Is there something I need to proactively do?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gigantor
Returned home on 30. December after a 5-nite stay in Barcelona. This stay would bring my 2019 total nights to 52, thereby renewing Platinum Elite status.

The account has been zeroed out and the stay has not yet posted.

Is there something I need to proactively do?
I'd say give it time to post since your status won't be downgraded immediately even without the Barcelona stay. (BTW I'm jealous and I hope you stayed either in LM or Hotel Claris; I'm not a fan of the Arts RC property.) Assuming that you have a copy of the folio clearly showing dates, ti shouldn't be a problem, although of course we're talking about Bonvoy IT and C(non)S.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nice to see they already credited the CC nights for 2020 ... and zero night needed to renew Titanium is also good to see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.