Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
What are the chances this glitch won't get corrected and we'll all have shorter paths to Platinum this year?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
What are the chances this glitch won't get corrected and we'll all have shorter paths to Platinum this year?
I will be a Titanium again without staying at all!
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I will be a Titanium again without staying at all!
They have on occasion extended Titanium with a strong stay history.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I was only 6 nights and $20K away from requalifying for Amb status and I've had a 2 night stay since the beginning of the year. Now my counter says I'm still 6 nights away but I only have to spend $19,700. At this rate, I guess I'll never get there.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
My activity has been blank since 12/27. We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.

I am Lifetime Titanium but still annoyed. I like to make sure stays post correctly. Called in and they had not heard of issue. Said could take up to 7 days to fix. Not just app but via laptop as well.

Wondered if anyone else had issue.

Received my 15 cc nights though
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by puntamita

I haven't really watched the Marriott cc offerings, so what is the spend to get a 15 night credit? I need to watch for a good free points offer and get a card I think! Mostly have focused on the miles side of things...

Cheers
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I was only 6 nights and $20K away from requalifying for Amb status and I've had a 2 night stay since the beginning of the year. Now my counter says I'm still 6 nights away but I only have to spend $19,700. At this rate, I guess I'll never get there.
You’re not requalifying? It is the end of an era!
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by puntamita
My activity has been blank since 12/27. We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.

I am Lifetime Titanium but still annoyed. I like to make sure stays post correctly. Called in and they had not heard of issue. Said could take up to 7 days to fix. Not just app but via laptop as well.

Wondered if anyone else had issue.

Same. Stays from this year haven't been posted (and can't be found in 'past' . Last year it always was the day after checkout.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:14 am

My end of the year stay for Dec 31 2019 just posted yesterday.
For some reason it posted quite late, but nevertheless it finally posted.
Since Marriott's website now only shows the nights for 2020, I called Marriott and asked if they can see my total nights for 2019.
The agent on the phone said she could see my total nights for 2019 was 75, which was the correct number including the last stay that just posted.
I was relieved to hear my total night count was correct, but I just realized my status still shows platinum and not titanium.
Should I give it a bit more time for the status to get updated, or do I need to contact Marriott about this?
I had the impression that status level usually gets updated almost instantaneously once the QN threshold is met, but my status hasn't changed since yesterday.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
You'll just need to find a nice Presidential Suite to occupy for six nights at about $3000 per night and add on a bit of F&B spend (maybe room service champagne) during your stay. Such a nice problem to have!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You'll just need to find a nice Presidential Suite to occupy for six nights at about $3000 per night and add on a bit of F&B spend (maybe room service champagne) during your stay. Such a nice problem to have!
That was my point. My 2 night stay did not reduce the counter from 6 to 4. It stayed at 6.

They did reduce the dollars required though.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Not sure what the big hoohaa is about. Accounts will always change at different local times, depending on what timezone Marriott IT works on.And even if they did the IT nightmare of reset every account based on it's address info.....what about if you lived East coast USA, but happen to be west coast on NYE...still annoyed that the account zeroed whilst still NYE local time ?

Marriott have had a lot of problems in 2019, but this isn't one of them.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by tangey
Not sure what the big hoohaa is about. Accounts will always change at different local times, depending on what timezone Marriott IT works on.And even if they did the IT nightmare of reset every account based on it's address info.....what about if you lived East coast USA, but happen to be west coast on NYE...still annoyed that the account zeroed whilst still NYE local time ?

Marriott have had a lot of problems in 2019, but this isn't one of them.
So where in the world is it still 2019? That's one extreme timezone.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
This still seems to be broken. I still have "10 nights to renew" when it should be 50 or 75 nights.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And as I pointed out in another thread, the number isn't changing in spite of having a few stays this year already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.