Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Still broken for me as well. Says 5 nights to renew platinum as of a few mins ago (1/7/2020).
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
What Sort of Voodoo Math Do They Use to Determine Status?

I am Gold now, did 45 nights in 2019 (or 44 because one was comped and there is no charge on the bill - I assume no night), now I have 15 YTD through Amex and 10 nights to Platinum.

Last year it was 50 to Platinum, of which I made 45 (well 30 +15 through Amex or 44 to be precise) and now it's 10 more nights to Platinum. I'm not even sure how I got to Gold or when last year, I guess when I hit 30 nights. Silver comes with the card.

So how is 30 nights (including 15) the path to Gold in 2019 and 25 (including 15) is the path to Platinum in 2020, not that I'm knocking it?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Nights successfully reset to zero. But Years as Platinum Elite or Higher remains on last year's 7 and has not increased to 8 yet. I keep checking...

First stay of the year to come this weekend in London so let's see how it posts after I check out on Monday.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Start of year Marriott IT glitches.

Give them a while to sort it out and correct the various numbers you are seeing on your account. You will still need to accrue 50 nights to Platinum and the app will keep your running total for you as normal throughout the year. You can evidently already see your 15 qualifying nights from your credit card. Their IT is just going through a rough patch caused by the startling event of the year going from 2019 to 2020 and various account fields needing to be reset or updated for all the members.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Yeah, this is strange- it's decrementing/incrementing (as appropriate) for me, but it's the 7th and it still thinks I'm that few nights to Ambassador.

That being said, IIRC (I've been LT for a while) legacy MR didn't turn over statuses(? stati?) until ~Jan 31st anyway, so maybe that's when all will be fixed? (It's not like we don't all already know how "challenged" MR IT is!)
Attached Images  
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Start of year Marriott IT glitches.

Give them a while to sort it out and correct the various numbers you are seeing on your account. You will still need to accrue 50 nights to Platinum and the app will keep your running total for you as normal throughout the year. You can evidently already see your 15 qualifying nights from your credit card. Their IT is just going through a rough patch caused by the startling event of the year going from 2019 to 2020 and various account fields needing to be reset or updated for all the members.
This, truth be told, this basically happened all the time with SPG in January to the point where they would usually just remove the "nights to <status>" and the meter temporarily until later on in the month when everything was sorted out.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
So where in the world is it still 2019? That's one extreme timezone.
Wormholes...think Wormholes.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As we're continuing to get reports of problems relating to the Year End processing, I've combined a couple of threads into this one to keep everything together.

BTW, speaking of threads which report some sort of systems issue : the mods are receiving feedback that posts which pounce onto new threads with gratuitous one-liners aiming a kick at the state of Marriott's IT are becoming rather tiresome. The novelty has worn off now, so I think it's time for a New Years Resolution to throttle these back.
dgreen12 and kennycrudup like this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Just now I was able to choose my elite gift for reaching 75 nights from our recent nye trip.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:13 am

me too. 20 minutes ago, it wasn't here yet.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Yeah, this is strange- it's decrementing/incrementing (as appropriate) for me, but it's the 7th and it still thinks I'm that few nights to Ambassador.

That being said, IIRC (I've been LT for a while) legacy MR didn't turn over statuses(? stati?) until ~Jan 31st anyway, so maybe that's when all will be fixed? (It's not like we don't all already know how "challenged" MR IT is!)
Legacy MR had rollover nights and used a rather complicated formula to determine them. Status also lasted through the end of February IIRC.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:19 pm

Still showing 10 to titanium for me lol
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:40 pm

Year count not updated

Hi all

wondering if you all are also noticing that the year count (lifetime stats, years as silver/gold etc) hasn’t increased yet to reflect 2019? Or is it just me and I should contact Marriott support?

thanks!! Mark
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:03 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Mine updated automatically on Jan 1, giving me the 10 years and LT status. Although, I should have had it last year, as I was only given 1 plat year in 2018, and should have received 2 years (gained plat in SPG and Marriott separately, pre-merger).
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:57 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Mine still has not updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.