Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:07 pm

Mine used to say "Ambassador Elite at 56 Nights" and now it says "Ambassador Elite at 61 Nights" so I guess that's progress

Now that I think about it, I missed Ambassador by 23 nights last year, and this year's message has always been 23 nights above my current year amount (I'm at 38 now)
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I'm so excited to see what happens come 3/1...
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sabenser
Mine used to say "Ambassador Elite at 56 Nights" and now it says "Ambassador Elite at 61 Nights" so I guess that's progress
Did you actually get credited 5 more nights or are you now 5 more nights further away?

Originally Posted by sabenser
Now that I think about it, I missed Ambassador by 23 nights last year, and this year's message has always been 23 nights above my current year amount (I'm at 38 now)
Ah, your addition clarified my comment/question.

David
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Still awaiting fixing...

David
This is what’s bothering me... I need my lifetime counter to update!! It’s still last year’s number of years...

seriously... what’s going on??
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:17 pm

About a week ago I submitted a ticket to Marriott:
My Lifetime "Years as Platinum" counter has not incremented to count 2019 yet.
Their response:
Thank you for your response to Marriott Bonvoy. I welcome the opportunity to assist you.

It is my pleasure to assist you regarding your lifetime status. I would like to inform you that you have been platinum elite member with us for nine years and completed --- lifetime nights. Please note, For lifetime platinum elite you are require to complete 600 nights in 10 years. And you have complete --- nights. Please complete the remaining nights with us. Once you complete the nights the lifetime elite status will automatically upgrade to your account.

-----------, I appreciate your loyalty towards Marriott Bonvoy. I wish you a good day ahead. If you require further assistance, kindly reply to this email.

Warm regards,

Sameer M
Marriott Bonvoy Guest Service
Lol.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Deleted. Nothing has changed.

Last edited by margarita girl; Feb 29, 2020 at 4:55 am Reason: incorrect info
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by vhfiv
About a week ago I submitted a ticket to Marriott:
My Lifetime "Years as Platinum" counter has not incremented to count 2019 yet.
Their response:
Thank you for your response to Marriott Bonvoy. I welcome the opportunity to assist you.

It is my pleasure to assist you regarding your lifetime status. I would like to inform you that you have been platinum elite member with us for nine years and completed --- lifetime nights. Please note, For lifetime platinum elite you are require to complete 600 nights in 10 years. And you have complete --- nights. Please complete the remaining nights with us. Once you complete the nights the lifetime elite status will automatically upgrade to your account.

-----------, I appreciate your loyalty towards Marriott Bonvoy. I wish you a good day ahead. If you require further assistance, kindly reply to this email.

Warm regards,

Sameer M
Marriott Bonvoy Guest Service
Lol.
This is spectacular. This is the first email in the history of the Internet which comes across as more template-ish than a customer service message from British Airways.
volabam, yurtripper and vhfiv like this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
This is spectacular. This is the first email in the history of the Internet which comes across as more template-ish than a customer service message from British Airways.
The skim/copy/paste school of customer service. Assuming it wasn't a bot replying to begin with.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: *G, OWE
Originally Posted by Halloweverybody
Both my app, and website are showing me as Ambassador Elite, despite not re-qualifying last year. The problem is, I really really need to know if this is a mistake, or if I was somehow granted an exception without me knowing. Because I did not re-qualify I was planning on switching to Hyatt, and have already accumulated 22 nights this year with them. Is anyone else still showing Ambassador Elite despite not qualifying last year?

as a data point, I had about 130 nights, but only 14k spend, and also spent probably over a million points in award stays.
I am in the same situation. I stayed 100 plus nights but did not meet the spend requirement in 2020, yet still show Ambassador status on the app and website.

I hadn't seen this thread so I contacted my former Ambassador this morning. Whilst you certainly don't feel the love anymore once you drop back to Titanium she did reply:
Your new status as a Titanium Elite member will reflect on your account in early March 2020. We have not been informed on the exact date when it would happen but it should be updated soon. In the meantime, you may contact the dedicated Loyalty Care Team at 1800 325 5555 toll-free from xxx or email [email protected] for assistance. You may also go to https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to view the list of phone numbers if you will be calling from outside of xxx.
I guess we wait for everything to update seamlessly over the next few days.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I really am starting to wonder if there are a team of hamsters manually updating Marriott members' accounts.I'm still waiting for my years of status to update (to 10 years/10 years/9 years) and it's March! Why this isn't a seemless automatic process that happens either when you hit a status level during the year or automatically on Jan 1 of the next year is mind boggling.

Lurkers, any idea when the "year-end account review" will be over and if we don't see the right count we should go ahead and contact either your team or corporate CS?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Additional Platinum Year Posted for 2019!

I finally rolled from 8 years of Platinum to 9 years of Platinum overnight (earned during 2019.)

Progress!

Anyone else?
ftrichard likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by dgreen12
I finally rolled from 8 years of Platinum to 9 years of Platinum overnight (earned during 2019.)

Progress!

Anyone else?
Yes! I just checked (inspired by your post) on the iOS app and I've incremented from 7 Years as Platinum to 8 as earned in 2019. This is now correct. The other counts (Years as Gold or Platinum etc.) have also correctly incremented. Joy of joy.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Mine still has not changed
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:28 pm

I first qualified as platinum in mid 2018. As of today, it says in the app that "Years as Platinum : 2" Does it mean this has not been updated yet?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by jrey
I first qualified as platinum in mid 2018. As of today, it says in the app that "Years as Platinum : 2" Does it mean this has not been updated yet?
What did it say before? Most people on here have been obsessively monitoring this number on their web site account or mobile app since Jan 1.

If you first qualified in 2018 then it would appear to be correct.

2018 = 1 year of qualification (through 2019)
2019 = 1 year of qualification (through 2020)
Add them together and the total years of qualification = 2

Therefore the count appears to be correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.