Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Xtah927
I have both the Cdn & US Amex Marriott Bonvoy Personal cards and also only get 15n per year. That's why I'm wondering whether the Cdn Marriott Bonvoy Business card will allow 15n to be stacked soon.
Do you get 2 free elite nights though?

Wondering if I should replace my Canadian card with a US card or just get both and keep them both open...
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Do you get 2 free elite nights though?

Wondering if I should replace my Canadian card with a US card or just get both and keep them both open...
You mean 2 free night certificates? Yes.

I’d keep ‘em both since these certificates worth more to me than their AF.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
How long after the AF posts does the Cat 5 anniversary night show up in your Marriott account? Last time I had it post before it too late to refund AF, this year it's very late and hasn't shown up yet...
Old Oct 25, 2020, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by msp3
How long after the AF posts does the Cat 5 anniversary night show up in your Marriott account? Last time I had it post before it too late to refund AF, this year it's very late and hasn't shown up yet...
8-12 weeks. I believe they do that on purpose.
yyzflyer and msp3 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Retention offer

My SPG Amex just came up for renewal with its $120 annual fee. (Yes, my card still says SPG Amex!) I was able to get Amex to credit $50 to offset the renewal fee. I call every year. Usually they tell me to go pound sand.
imverge and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
My SPG Amex just came up for renewal with its $120 annual fee. (Yes, my card still says SPG Amex!) I was able to get Amex to credit $50 to offset the renewal fee. I call every year. Usually they tell me to go pound sand.
Mine came up this month, called and got nothing.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imverge
I'd call again. I told them that I have two other excellent free cards (TD AE Visa and PC World Elite MC) and the free night night benefit isn't much use for the foreseeable future. I said I was considering cancelling the card.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by imverge
Ditto. My renewal (also still SPG) came up a couple of months ago. I called and cited lower travel, yada, yada. They didn't go for it, but suggested I could give up my other Lifetime Gold Amex, transfer its spending and they'd consider it. Uh, no.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
8-12 weeks. I believe they do that on purpose.
My FNC certificate posted to my Bonvoy account 12 days after the payment due date on the statement the AF was charged to. From the date the AF was charged until posting the FNC was 33 days.

James
Old Nov 2, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My FNC certificate posted to my Bonvoy account 12 days after the payment due date on the statement the AF was charged to. From the date the AF was charged until posting the FNC was 33 days.

James
Looks like you were right and I was wrong! I thought Amex Cda was the same as Amex US, but that is not the case. Here are my data points:

Renewal date: Sept 26
Membership fee billing date: Oct 24
Free night cert deposited: Nov 2 * wrong, see below
(Payment due date: Nov 14)
Flying for Fun likes this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 29, 2020 at 8:38 am
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I need to correct the information on my previous post. I did not get the free night certificate from my Cdn Amex on Nov 2. In actual fact, it was from my US Amex card. (I should have realized that as it always posts on Nov 2 for me.) The reason I now know this is the Cdn free night has just posted on Nov 27 as "AX CA 1 free night up to 35,000 points". The Nov 2 deposit is labelled as "MAR BV AX FNA up to 35K points".

Renewal date: Sept 26
Membership fee billing date: Oct 24
Free night cert deposited: Nov 27
(Payment due date: Nov 14)

So it appears the free night was deposited 2 months after the renewal date in my case.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Anyone else having a delay in points posting? I'm at 5weeks and 1week now (previous and current statement) when it has posted in 2days every time before.

AMEX says each was sent to Marriott the day after statement, but to allow up to 8weeks to post...
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
Anyone else having a delay in points posting? I'm at 5weeks and 1week now (previous and current statement) when it has posted in 2days every time before.

AMEX says each was sent to Marriott the day after statement, but to allow up to 8weeks to post...
No issues here, but it happened to me once before (maybe on my US card). I remember reading an explanation on FT that it had something to do with only having points from Marriott spend and nothing from non-Marriott spend. Does that match with what was on your last statement?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I have a Marriott US Chase card and a CDN Marriott Convoy Amex card. Prior to last year, I always got 15 Elite nights on my US card and 15 elite nights on my Canadian card. Back then, I have the Canadian Marriott Chase card so that's why I was getting 15 elite nights on both cards. I am now limited to 15 elite nights on just one of those cards but I am told that if I had the Canadian Marriott Amex BUSINESS card that I would be eligible for 15 nights on each card. Does anyone know if it's worth it to move from my Current Marriott Amex card over to the business card? What is the difference in annual fees? And is there a difference in the way one accumulates points?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 1:11 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by YYJMSP

No issues for me. My current statement closed Nov 26, statement available 27th, points posted to my Bonvoy acct on 28th (Saturday). Margarita girl mentioned some possible issues with spend type. For reference on mine, I had zero Marriott spend.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.