Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: AC 75K, MB Amb
I signed up in Feb. Received the initial welcome bonus points last month (cycle 2). But did not receive the points yet from the first month that only included a long stay at a Westin. I've since learned that it seems points get "stuck" if there is only Marriott charges on the card, and take months to show up after that. I did receive all my cycle 2 points but that billing cycle contained other charges as well. This month I stayed a couple weeks at a Marriott in Berlin and made sure to charge one smaller non Marriott related charge to the card to hopefully push this cycle (3) to post points in what should be the usual time. Will update when I finally receive the first cycle.
Old May 13, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Just contacted Marriott since it’s been 2 statement cycles and they told me to wait a bit more. Lol…

I had the same issue though — didn’t realize that Marriott only charges would delay the posting.
Old May 13, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Just contacted Marriott since it’s been 2 statement cycles and they told me to wait a bit more. Lol…

I had the same issue though — didn’t realize that Marriott only charges would delay the posting.
I've never encountered nor really paid much attention to this issue in the 4 years I've had the card, until March of this year (never put any spend outside of MB on it). I had a single-night stay in Bangkok and am still waiting for the points from that statement. Interesting how all of a sudden my card has the same issue as many others.
Old May 14, 2023, 5:09 am

Same issue here, points are not showing up for transactions as far back as February (March statement)
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 10:27 am

just a data point for anyone who loathes calling in for a few points as much as i do; i had the same situation (only marriott charges during the statement period) and the points finally posted in the middle of the third billing cycle after the fact. e.g charges appeared on jan statement, points showed up during the april statement period. points total showed correctly on the statement month (jan) but simply did not show in the bonvoy acct until mid april.
Old May 18, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Quick update. It has magically showed up today.
Mar 9, 2023 - statement close
May 18, 2023 - points showed up

Within the Bonvoy account statements, the points are tagged as Mar 10, 2023. So looking at around 3.5 billing cycles same as other FTers here.
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Quick update. It has magically showed up today.
Mar 9, 2023 - statement close
May 18, 2023 - points showed up

Within the Bonvoy account statements, the points are tagged as Mar 10, 2023. So looking at around 3.5 billing cycles same as other FTers here.
Thanks for the DP, I just checked and my points have posted as well (similar dates to yours).
SPN Lifer and secretalcoholic like this.
Old May 18, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC 75K, MB Amb
My points posted from two cycles ago today, as well. My billing statement closed yesterday so I wonder if it's related as I did have one non Marriott charge this cycle. Expecting the points from this cycle shortly. Those didn't show up with the March ones.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Data point:

Long as I have non-Marriott charges (eg a coffee), my Amex Marriott points always post 24 hours after statement date.

I made it a habit that as soon as we check out of a Marriott hotel with charges on the Amex, I will shop on Amazon for some egift card and use the Amex card.
DP: had a statement with a single digit amount of non-Marriott spend and a 4 digit amount of Marriott spend, points have not appeared and it is now 1+ weeks since the statement.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jun 14, 2023, 5:11 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Just got the AMEX Business Bonvoy card. I also have the personal Bonvoy one.

I understand the elite nights are not stackable - so you only get 15 elite qualifying nights each year.

Do you get TWO Free Night Awards? (one for holding the Personal version and one for holding the business version)?
Old Jun 14, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by yeunganson
Just got the AMEX Business Bonvoy card. I also have the personal Bonvoy one.

I understand the elite nights are not stackable - so you only get 15 elite qualifying nights each year.

Do you get TWO Free Night Awards? (one for holding the Personal version and one for holding the business version)?
Yes
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:05 am

I buy a Gatorade from the nearest gas station on the way out to help my points post faster
Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Not sure if it's an Amex Canada specific issue, but I've had recent stays at Marriott Bonvoy properties that did not post as 5 points/$1. It appears to be some coding issue - experienced it at hotels that just joined Bonvoy (e.g., Sari Pacific in Jakarta), but also hotels that have been longstanding Bonvoy participants (e.g., Macalister Mansion which is a Design Hotel in Penang). The former I understand, but the latter is problematic. Would urge others using this product to check the points breakdown on the monthly statements carefully.

Last time I caught this issue Amex Canada's rep did a manual adjustment which was reflected in the subsequent month. But when the issue recurred in this statement cycle with two other transactions, I had a customer service rep claim that stays booked through marriott.com or the Bonvoy mobile app but did not reflect as 5 points/$1 on my statement are somehow from "non-participating Marriott Bonvoy properties". This is even after I explained that the stays clearly earned Bonvoy points and stay credits. The rep said he had been doing this for decades and alleged that the "participating Marriott Bonvoy Properties" referred to in the Amex Canada T&Cs are different from participating Marriott Bonvoy Properties as defined by Marriott.

Quite sure the latest rep was a MOLA so I hope Amex Canada can (re-)train their reps (notwithstanding decades of experience), or better yet, just fix the system that identifies whether a transaction is from a participating Marriott Bonvoy property properly!
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:14 am

Surprisingly generous promo

This promo appears to be similar to one that is currently offered on the Brilliant card but seems to be somewhat more generous. The brilliant promo requires that you spend US$7,000 to get 10,000 points whereas this one requires you to spend CA$10,000 (a pretty similar amount after conversion) to get 15,000 points. And you can do it twice. The bad news is that there is not a lot of time in which to spend this much money (even worse than the Brilliant timing). Happy very early XMas shopping?…

Last edited by LongLiveSPG; Jul 29, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:24 am

This is highly unusual. Usually, I rely on somebody else to post these promos so that I can take advantage. So I guess this is my way of “giving back“ LOL

Last edited by LongLiveSPG; Jul 29, 2023 at 1:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.