Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by finnthetim
That will be the problem, pretty sure I did not specify on the application and did the Marriott account separate. Any idea how to obtain that without calling, I don't see it on the cc statement. Thanks for the swift response.
You'll have to call or chat with Amex to get the account number being utilized. You can also tell Amex the other account number if you prefer to use that one (especially if you already have stays associated with it). You can then go to http://www.marriott.com/loyalty/comb...counts-help.mi to merge the accounts.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Cheers pal
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
(CDN) Marriott Amex 5x Bonus Grocery/Food

Anyone have any issues thus far with this bonus?
My spend on last statement was exclusively on transactions that qualified for 5X.
Marriott activity shows the standard 2/$1
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by shawneve
My spend on last statement was exclusively on transactions that qualified for 5X.
on the Points Summary page, my statement shows bonus points as usual but then there's another category under that called Bonus Points "3 bonus pts/$1 Grocery & Dining" where the balance of points are posted. To rephrase that, i got the normal 2 pts/$ in the first section (points earned) and then 3 pts/$ in the next section (bonus points) for a total of 5 pts/$ on groceries. what do you see on your points summary page?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:22 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by shawneve
I certainly don't have this issue; my are posting accurately as two separate line transactions under the Marriott Bonvoy Account on a personal card...

AMEX CANADA SPECIAL OFFER CNSR
AMEX CANADA BASE SPEND CNSR
Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I certainly don't have this issue; my are posting accurately as two separate line transactions under the Marriott Bonvoy Account on a personal card...

AMEX CANADA SPECIAL OFFER CNSR
I got this same thing on my Bonvoy account. Seems to work for me too.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Originally Posted by BenSenise
on the Points Summary page, my statement shows bonus points as usual but then there's another category under that called Bonus Points "3 bonus pts/$1 Grocery & Dining" where the balance of points are posted. To rephrase that, i got the normal 2 pts/$ in the first section (points earned) and then 3 pts/$ in the next section (bonus points) for a total of 5 pts/$ on groceries. what do you see on your points summary page?
I see:

No bonus.
My transactions are all after May 15th and are a grocery purchase of over $200 (Food Basics) and some McDonald's
Pretty sure they all qualify for 5X
Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
But if you do your grocery at Walmart it wont count as 5X...
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:58 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Well, I finally got my 1 year additional Lifetime Elite Year credit for what I believe is 2019 requalification for 2020. The counter had been stuck since Dec 31, 2019.

Either that, or I've had a year "goodwill" added.
qlaval likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Well, I finally got my 1 year additional Lifetime Elite Year credit for what I believe is 2019 requalification for 2020....
One more year in my lifetime statistics added this week!
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond
Does anyone know whether I can apply for this card if I only have a credit file with AMEX in another country (Japan)?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:14 am

The US version of Marriott Bonvoy personal and business cards allow 15 elite nights to be stacked to get a total of 30 elite nights per year.

Does anyone know whether the Canadian version will allow this any time soon?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
In a surprisingly related comment to the one above me, is there anybody that currently has a mix of US and Canadian cards, 1 personal and 1 biz that is getting the 30 nights credit? I would think that if you had a US personal and Canadian biz, or vice versa, the 15 + 15 would stack, but I’m curious if anybody has real life experience. Realize this is a very niche situation...
Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
In a surprisingly related comment to the one above me, is there anybody that currently has a mix of US and Canadian cards, 1 personal and 1 biz that is getting the 30 nights credit? I would think that if you had a US personal and Canadian biz, or vice versa, the 15 + 15 would stack, but I’m curious if anybody has real life experience. Realize this is a very niche situation...
For Marriott cards, I have the Cdn Amex, the US Amex and the US Chase Visa (all personal cards, no business cards). I get 15 Elite nights per year.

Edit: Upon re-reading your post, I see that is not what you were asking. Sorry!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
For Marriott cards, I have the Cdn Amex, the US Amex and the US Chase Visa (all personal cards, no business cards). I get 15 Elite nights per year.

Edit: Upon re-reading your post, I see that is not what you were asking. Sorry!
I have both the Cdn & US Amex Marriott Bonvoy Personal cards and also only get 15n per year. That's why I'm wondering whether the Cdn Marriott Bonvoy Business card will allow 15n to be stacked soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.