Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by LongLiveSPG

This promo appears to be similar to one that is currently offered on the Brilliant card but seems to be somewhat more generous. The brilliant promo requires that you spend US$7,500 to get 10,000 points whereas this one requires you to spend CA$10,000 (a pretty similar amount after conversion) to get 15,000 points. And you can do it twice. The bad news is that there is not a lot of time in which to spend this much money (even worse than the Brilliant timing). Happy very early XMas shopping?…
wish I had this one...have the $500/$100 though
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by abstract77
I guess this answers the usual question as to whether a given promo is targeted… although on occasion I have seen promos appear many days after others see them. Keep checking with fingers crossed…
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by abstract77
I received the $500/$100 offer too. The spend $10K get 15K miles is of little value to me. I only use it for the odd Canadian Marriott Hotel stay. It isn't accepted at Costco and has ForEx fees. It is pretty much a sock drawer card. I keep it for the 35K FNA. I get more value out of that than the 85K FNA on my Bonvoy Brilliant which costs $350 US .

James
Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan 50K, AF/KL Flying Blue Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, IHG One Rewards Gold (lol)
DP regarding the non-Marriott spend being required for points to post promptly - my last statement had a few non-Marriott transactions, but the net amount was negative since I refunded something that cost more than the purchases I made during that statement, and the points have not posted promptly (Amex told me the delay is on Marriott's end), so maybe net positive non-Marriott spend is required for points to post on time.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:01 pm

50K Bonus Point Sign-up offer

I have the Business version of this - canceled my personal one about 7 years ago and haven't had an Amex churn since then. How far back do their records go? Think I'd be able to get this bonus? I may just roll the dice anyway, since the 2nd free night is worth at 2-3x the annual fee for me, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle if I'm guaranteed not to get the bonus. Also, can we still get bonuses from self-referring?

"Earn a Welcome Bonus of 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points1*

New Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Cardmembers, earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points after you charge $1,500 in net purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.1*

*Current or former Cardmembers with this Card are not eligible for this offer. Other terms apply."

Old Jan 24, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pokee
I have the Business version of this - canceled my personal one about 7 years ago and haven't had an Amex churn since then. How far back do their records go? Think I'd be able to get this bonus? I may just roll the dice anyway, since the 2nd free night is worth at 2-3x the annual fee for me, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle if I'm guaranteed not to get the bonus. Also, can we still get bonuses from self-referring?

New Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Cardmembers, earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points after you charge $1,500 in net purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.1*

*Current or former Cardmembers with this Card are not eligible for this offer. Other terms apply."

Very likely that you'll get the bonus, however YMMV. Typically 2-3 years is normal to wait. No, it is not reccomended to self-refer because this was rumoured to be part of account shutdowns 2-3 years ago.

I'm sure some people would be happy to provide their referral
pokee likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Did anyone try Canadian Amex Marriott Business Card and the US AMEX Brilliant card? If yes, did your ENCs stack to 40 nights?
Was thinking of getting the personal Canadian card, but since ENCs don't stack, it won't work for me.

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Feb 6, 2024 at 2:43 pm Reason: Misspelled CC name
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Did anyone try Canadian Amex Marriott Business Card and the Canadian AMEX Brilliant card? If yes, did your ENCs stack to 40 nights?
Was thinking of getting the personal Canadian card, but since ENCs don't stack, it won't work for me.
I wasn’t aware there was a Canadian Amex brilliant card. Do you have a link?
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:45 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by mplflyer
I wasn’t aware there was a Canadian Amex brilliant card. Do you have a link?
Aahh....good catch! Fixed it in my original post. Question remains: are the ENCs stackable from a US Marriott AMEX Brilliant Personal card and a Canadian Marriott AMEX Business card upto 40 ENCs?
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:50 pm

US and Canadian nights do not stack, but it can still be worth it for the extra FNC
Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
US and Canadian nights do not stack, but it can still be worth it for the extra FNC
Unfortunately, you are correct. I have the exact cards described and I get 25 EQN from the Brilliant and that's it. But yes, the FNC more than covers the annual fee and I use it for everyday purchases.
AvidFlyer1990 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by pokee

Update: I applied and got the bonus! 😀
LongLiveSPG likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:50 pm

I have the Amex Marriott Personal Bonvoy Card

Statement Closing date was February 21, 2024

Points usually post 1-2 days after, but they did not post.

I did not have any Marriott stays on this statement, but did get a 20k referral bonus

As of today (March 3, 2024) nothing has posted.

Anyone have any recent experiences with delayed posting, and should I be following up with Amex / Marriott or just wait it out, and expect they will post at some point?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
Anyone have any recent experiences with delayed posting, and should I be following up with Amex / Marriott or just wait it out, and expect they will post at some point?
I'm in a situation (extended stay) with points accruing weekly. Posting has been all over the place for the last 6 weeks - everything from the typical two days to four days after the charge, and last week's points charged on Monday didn't post until yesterday afternoon and that in a trickle: first the stay credits, then an hour later the bonus points and an hour after that the actual points for the charge. Other members of my group - including those with US cards - had the same experience. Hotel chalks it up to Marriott's quality IT.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
I have the Amex Marriott Personal Bonvoy Card

Statement Closing date was February 21, 2024

Points usually post 1-2 days after, but they did not post.

I did not have any Marriott stays on this statement, but did get a 20k referral bonus

As of today (March 3, 2024) nothing has posted.

Did you have any non-Marriott points earnings? It’s a glitch with this card that you need some non-Marriott points for them to post on schedule. It’s been discussed before, probably a couple of pages back.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.