Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott App Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I’ve used mobile check-in several times over the last 2 weeks on my iPhone, and as recently as yesterday.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC S100k, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
I've mobile checked in 3 or 4 times the last two weeks as well with no problem on my android device.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been discussed.

The app never notifies me if a property has responded to my Chat request. Zero notifications. Either through notifications on the lock screen or the app itself.

I often have multiple reservations booked at the same time so my list is quite long of "My trips". I may write a property or two and request something ahead of time through the chat feature. If they reply I have zero clue until I manually go into each reservation and click the Chat icon again to see if there's a reply. Surely a basic notification is not that hard to program??

I'm on an iPhone (latest iOS and app).

-RM
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been discussed.

The app never notifies me if a property has responded to my Chat request. Zero notifications. Either through notifications on the lock screen or the app itself.

I often have multiple reservations booked at the same time so my list is quite long of "My trips". I may write a property or two and request something ahead of time through the chat feature. If they reply I have zero clue until I manually go into each reservation and click the Chat icon again to see if there's a reply. Surely a basic notification is not that hard to program??

I'm on an iPhone (latest iOS and app).

-RM
I get notifications of Chat replies. I’m using an ancient iPhone 6.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’ve used mobile check-in several times over the last 2 weeks on my iPhone, and as recently as yesterday.
Its not mobile check in itself that’s the issue but rather my upcoming trips are all missing.

I can get them to show up by pulling down to refresh but have to do it many times before they will show and the next time I start the app they will have disappeared again.

re chat notifications I get a notification (do you have notifications turned on?) but if you’ve sent chats over multiple reservations then I don’t know of a way to find out which one has unread reply’s.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
re chat notifications I get a notification (do you have notifications turned on?) but if you’ve sent chats over multiple reservations then I don’t know of a way to find out which one has unread reply’s.
Since chat only opens up 2 days before check-in, there should only be 2 or maybe 3 active chats at most. I never have difficulty figuring out who replied. It’s usually the last hotel I communicated with.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:36 am

Marriott app/award issues

I tried booking a night using FNA for Courtyard Shin Osaka through the app and only 2 double bedroom appeared bookable. I looked through the website and it showed a king bed was available. So being unsure which one was true or not I moved on. I went elsewhere to use my night award as I have another flight out of LAX. I decided to get a room at the Renaissance Long Beach so I don't have to be at the airport and same issue no king bed just a double bed. Then I check back in the app a few hours later and now the king bed is available. I try to reserve it and my FNA won't appear only points redemption. I go to the actual website on my PC and I can use the award night for it. What is this typical Bonvoy IT issues?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:45 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by inter_change
I tried booking a night using FNA for Courtyard Shin Osaka through the app and only 2 double bedroom appeared bookable. I looked through the website and it showed a king bed was available. So being unsure which one was true or not I moved on. I went elsewhere to use my night award as I have another flight out of LAX. I decided to get a room at the Renaissance Long Beach so I don't have to be at the airport and same issue no king bed just a double bed. Then I check back in the app a few hours later and now the king bed is available. I try to reserve it and my FNA won't appear only points redemption. I go to the actual website on my PC and I can use the award night for it. What is this typical Bonvoy IT issues?
Hi inter_change, I am sorry for any inconvenience. Currently, Free Night Awards cannot be redeemed in the Marriott Bonvoy Mobile App; they can only be redeemed directly through Marriott.com or by calling a reservations agent. Click on this link here: http://bit.ly/2GETmee for more information on redeeming your Free Night Award. Kind regards! -Leanne
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Has anyone else noticed that the mobile app (iOS) now shows rate calendars after you select the new "My dates are flexible" box on the date picker? What a great change! This seems to be a server-side update as I haven't received an update in the App Store recently.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:20 pm

Has anyone had any luck with the mobile key feature lately? It's been over a year since I've seen it pop up as an option and a few of the hotels I've stayed in were less than a year old and had the prox door cards.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
Has anyone had any luck with the mobile key feature lately? It's been over a year since I've seen it pop up as an option and a few of the hotels I've stayed in were less than a year old and had the prox door cards.
In 2 of the hotels where mobile key is available, I still had to go to the front desk to check in before it’s activated, but even after activation it didn’t work! Since then I’ve not bothered with mobile key at all.

I can see how this benefits the hotel because, in my most recent stay at W Seminyak, they actually ran out of key cards!
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Marriott Bonvoy App chat feature

In a word: rubbish. Asked a question via chat at 13:30. No response yet. Sent another 23:00. No response. Check my email and I have an email from front desk at the hotel I have done mobile check in with asking if I have checked in on the App. Tells me all the wonderful things the app offers, including the chat option. A week ago I sent an email to their Facebook advertised email address. No response. I would have been sacked in my job for ignoring clients and my clients don’t pay me for my services!!!
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Eh .. always works for me at least
Old Aug 20, 2020, 5:07 pm

never had an issue with the app. used it at multiple properties for a variety of ends, including prior to checking-in to book airport transfers or spa treatments. some properties do take a bit longer to reply, but never more than 30 minutes.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I find it tends to work quite well, and has improved as earlier versions seemed liable to lose the connection/chat messages. It isn't like it is a critical feature, but a nice-to-have and a useful way to communicate with a property when out and about (i.e. away from the hotel), or where you have a non urgent request. For example I used it to book a hotel restaurant before check-in recently with zero issue before I checked in and was on my way, easier than calling. I don't think it is a killer feature but a nice to have and anything that lets hotels communicate electronically rather than via phone or f2f is an improvement, and useful for COVID. I doubt it is very heavily used however, hence response times are quick.

Perhaps in your case stuartpig it is the hotel rather than Marriott at fault (Marriott can enable the app, but can't force hotel staff to pay attention and answer)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.