Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Marriott Bonvoy App - discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Marriott Bonvoy App - discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
One issue that I've had is that whenever I do mobile check in before I actually show up at the hotel, the front desk isn't aware of that. Not sure if this is the app issue or just the hotel staff isn't really paying much attention.

By the way, is there a way to add your profile picture to the app or web account?

Last edited by hyedmd; Aug 20, 2020 at 11:12 pm
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by littlevoices
I find it tends to work quite well, and has improved as earlier versions seemed liable to lose the connection/chat messages. It isn't like it is a critical feature, but a nice-to-have and a useful way to communicate with a property when out and about (i.e. away from the hotel), or where you have a non urgent request. For example I used it to book a hotel restaurant before check-in recently with zero issue before I checked in and was on my way, easier than calling. I don't think it is a killer feature but a nice to have and anything that lets hotels communicate electronically rather than via phone or f2f is an improvement, and useful for COVID. I doubt it is very heavily used however, hence response times are quick.

Perhaps in your case stuartpig it is the hotel rather than Marriott at fault (Marriott can enable the app, but can't force hotel staff to pay attention and answer)
Combination if both. I get one automated reply saying the chat function is “looping “ and they will eventually respond. Another hotel where I used it they said they didn’t get the message until 24 hours after I sent it. I think the hotel front desks just don’t have time to respond but it is saving them time to on a phone call which will be way longer while I try to explain while they do their standard spiel!!
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
App issues when using total taxes/fees display

I'm having an issue in the Marriott app.

I have the display price including all taxes/fees option selected.

It shows a price of $76 per night (with all taxes/fees). If I remove the option it shows the nightly fee to be $67. However when I get to hotel the hotel is charging me $76 as the room rate (before raxes/fees). Per their system they have no clue where $67 base rate comes from. $86 is the total they show including taxes/fees.

I've gone and done a dummy reservation for future. It shows $76 total, $67 base. However if I click on details, it tells me the one night penalty if fail to cancel is $86! Thus I believe the hotel is correct and the app is showing the wrong rate. My question is where is the $67 amount coming from. The hotel calculated the total if was $67 base rate and it comes out to $76 total. I showed them the dummy reservation and they verified in their system that the total with taxes and fees is actually their base rate.

1)Has anyone else had this issue
2)who in the end made it right? Hotel was very willing to do so, but I feel this is a Marriott corporate issue and hotel shouldn't be stiffed due to app error.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I'm having an issue in the Marriott app.

I have the display price including all taxes/fees option selected.

It shows a price of $76 per night (with all taxes/fees). If I remove the option it shows the nightly fee to be $67. However when I get to hotel the hotel is charging me $76 as the room rate (before raxes/fees). Per their system they have no clue where $67 base rate comes from. $86 is the total they show including taxes/fees.

I've gone and done a dummy reservation for future. It shows $76 total, $67 base. However if I click on details, it tells me the one night penalty if fail to cancel is $86! Thus I believe the hotel is correct and the app is showing the wrong rate. My question is where is the $67 amount coming from. The hotel calculated the total if was $67 base rate and it comes out to $76 total. I showed them the dummy reservation and they verified in their system that the total with taxes and fees is actually their base rate.

1)Has anyone else had this issue
2)who in the end made it right? Hotel was very willing to do so, but I feel this is a Marriott corporate issue and hotel shouldn't be stiffed due to app error.
What does your confirmation email say? What does the website say?

The Lurkers will be along any second now asking you to send your confirmation number so they can look into this for you, so might as well send in your info to get the ball rolling. Sounds like Marriott IT being its usual mediocre self.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
What does your confirmation email say? What does the website say?

The Lurkers will be along any second now asking you to send your confirmation number so they can look into this for you, so might as well send in your info to get the ball rolling. Sounds like Marriott IT being its usual mediocre self.
I don't have access to the email so cant see what it says. However I am noticing the same issue when looking to book at other hotels in the app.

Website shows correctly.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I don't have access to the email so cant see what it says. However I am noticing the same issue when looking to book at other hotels in the app.

Website shows correctly.
Then I’d say let the Lurkers look into it for you. Personally, I never book using the app, so can’t compare but it sure sounds like an IT screw up, again.

I also think you are entitled to the $67 rate since that is what the app quoted you.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Then I’d say let the Lurkers look into it for you. Personally, I never book using the app, so can’t compare but it sure sounds like an IT screw up, again.

I also think you are entitled to the $67 rate since that is what the app quoted you.
The hotel gave no pushback on getting the rate shown. (They just asked I show them via making a future reservation while at FD) Im more hoping to fix the issue. As taxes vary so much I prefer searching with them included.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Anyone experiencing issues in searching for hotels in New York via the app?
The app brings back an error message saying that this feature is temporarily unavailable, however, searching on the website works fine for any date.
This has been happening for a few weeks now.
I've raised the issue via the app feedback feature.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:13 pm

Anyone else experiencing the above search issue or is it just me?
Old Jan 20, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
No works for me in latest iOS app version (9.27.0)
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I’m getting it on some searches and have done for some time. Other searches work fine. Where it is erroring, it seems to work if I type in the exact hotel as opposed to the area.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
No works for me in latest iOS app version (9.27.0)
I’m also on the same version.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by davidw70
I’m getting it on some searches and have done for some time. Other searches work fine. Where it is erroring, it seems to work if I type in the exact hotel as opposed to the area.
I just tried searching by specific hotel which worked for me too but it’s not a great workaround.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The app brings back an error message saying that this feature is temporarily unavailable, however, searching on the website works fine for any date.
I am having the same issue on the latest Android version of the app.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:07 am

Yes I get the same error for NYC. Works well for other locations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.