Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Marriott Bonvoy App - discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Marriott Bonvoy App - discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022 | 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Apparently the app now has no clue what day of the week we're on. Looking yesterday at some hotels for later this week and the app at the top correctly showed "Sunday, May 8 thru Monday, May 9" but look at the calendar itself. I was so confused for a bit. Of course I would never book a reservation through the app if it's that screwed up. I still use the horrible Marriott website for 99% of my room bookings. This is the first time I've seen this happen.

-RM
PS - sorry, my fingers grabbed the screenshot before realizing my ringer volume window was still open.
I've noticed on both Iphone/Android many apps seem to be having an issue with date/time lately. In my cases always when outside home timezone. Something had to have changed in whatever software app developers use to add calendar/ time functions to their app. Just too many having same issue. (Some websites I've seen have same issue also)
Old May 24, 2022 | 3:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Does anyone know if its possible to latch the search results page into Grid mode, so it sticks as a default for next time ? When you are doing some serious research its so much more concise than the List mode with all the hotel photos getting in the way,

Old Jun 9, 2022 | 12:56 pm

Looks like a brand new mobile app design got pushed out on Android today.
Old Jun 17, 2022 | 3:20 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by dman22
Looks like a brand new mobile app design got pushed out on Android today.
Even though some features were added that improve over the last version...the update seemingly has been made it useful for me when booking. When doing pricing, I only get "lowest regular rate" and "Marriott Bonvoy Points" as clickable options. I can input corporate/promo codes in, but the old app (and current website) allow to select gov/AAA/senior rates in addition to adding in the corporate code. Am I missing something in the updated app? The app says I can select up to five rates to check, but seemingly only if I enter corporate codes in addition to the defaults.
Old Jun 17, 2022 | 4:36 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by somedude3210
Even though some features were added that improve over the last version...the update seemingly has been made it useful for me when booking. When doing pricing, I only get "lowest regular rate" and "Marriott Bonvoy Points" as clickable options. I can input corporate/promo codes in, but the old app (and current website) allow to select gov/AAA/senior rates in addition to adding in the corporate code. Am I missing something in the updated app? The app says I can select up to five rates to check, but seemingly only if I enter corporate codes in addition to the defaults.
Gov & Military, AAA/CAA, Senior discount are all missing on the redesigned Android app. Good job Marriott!
KRSW likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022 | 5:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Mlife Noir (=> Marriott Amb), invol FT beta tester
Didn't the previous version of the app have a way to see search results on a map? I don't see that ability in the new app.

Or am I just getting confused with other chains' apps...
Old Jun 21, 2022 | 4:14 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Now, for the third time, when I load the app it shows no bookings and won't refresh when prompted. What gives besides the obvious Bonvoy jokes?
Old Jun 21, 2022 | 4:59 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
I found this email for app support FYI: [email protected]
Old Jun 21, 2022 | 5:01 am
30 Countries Visited100k100 Nights

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
There were IT issues abound yesterday. Seems to be resolved for me as of late last night and continues to work this morning.
Old Jun 21, 2022 | 5:41 am

Originally Posted by voweffekt
Now, for the third time, when I load the app it shows no bookings and won't refresh when prompted. What gives besides the obvious Bonvoy jokes?
Does it work on the website? There are some glitches that something sticks with a specific reservation and you can no longer see My Trips, until after that specific stay. Happened to me when i changed a point reservation to FNC
Old Jun 22, 2022 | 6:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Mlife Noir (=> Marriott Amb), invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
Didn't the previous version of the app have a way to see search results on a map? I don't see that ability in the new app.

Or am I just getting confused with other chains' apps...
Ok, so if you swipe down from the map at the top, it does open up a map view. Thought I tried that when I made my previous post, not sure why I couldn't get it to work then. An explicit toggle between list/map view would be nice though.
Old Aug 29, 2022 | 5:06 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I think there is a new functionality on the app. The hotel page now features a housekeeping drop down menu where you can see how often a hotel provides housekeeping services. At least I didnt see this option before or the reason might be Im not based in the US and the properties I use still have daily housekeeping
Old Aug 29, 2022 | 5:25 pm
10 Countries Visited1M40 Nights20 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Muerz
I think there is a new functionality on the app.
I'm not seeing that functionality on the Android app for my future reservations in the US. Would be helpful!
Old Aug 30, 2022 | 3:24 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Has anyone also noticed that when searching for points there is a cash value also associated with the points, Just looked at Singapore and Bangkok and seeing it at many hotels. Consolation is that when booking the confirmation comes through with only the points noted.
Old Aug 31, 2022 | 5:40 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Has anyone also noticed that when searching for points there is a cash value also associated with the points, Just looked at Singapore and Bangkok and seeing it at many hotels. Consolation is that when booking the confirmation comes through with only the points noted.
Nothing looks different for me when searching on the Android app. It shows the points in big print and the cash rate in small print. Perhaps if you are referring to something else a screen shot would be helpful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.