Marriott App Discussion Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Has anyone also noticed that when searching for points there is a cash value also associated with the points, Just looked at Singapore and Bangkok and seeing it at many hotels. Consolation is that when booking the confirmation comes through with only the points noted.
Seems to be Marriott IT finding new ways to mess things up again.

Marriott hotels charging cash when booking with points?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Is anyone else having an issue with not currently finding the Marriott Bonvy app available for download on the Google Play Store?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Is anyone else having an issue with not currently finding the Marriott Bonvy app available for download on the Google Play Store?
Here is the direct link to Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.marriott.mrt
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This app is not available for your device.

After more than a year, the app stopped working. So I uninstalled it. Now I can't put it back.

Device: HUAWEI nova 2i
Model: RNE-L22
Build No.: RNE-L22 8.0.0.361(C636)
Android Version: 8.0.0

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Oct 7, 2022 at 11:52 pm
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Notifications broken on app?

In the last few days, my Marriott app on iOS has started acting strange. I no longer seem to receive push notifications. It seems to originate from the "Push notifications" turning themselves off in the app settings; and even if I re-enable them, they turn off again after ~10 min. Anyone have the same issue? Pretty annoying when you use the chat feature..
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA + Star Alliance Gold
I'm experiencing the same on iOS and have tried twice to re-toggle the setting. Will assume this gets fixed in an update at some point...
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
This app is not available for your device.

After more than a year, the app stopped working. So I uninstalled it. Now I can't put it back.

Device: HUAWEI nova 2i
Model: RNE-L22
Build No.: RNE-L22 8.0.0.361(C636)
Android Version: 8.0.0
You're running an Android version that's 5 years old. Almost all mobile app developers stop supporting old OS versions during upgrades. Marriott is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't support Android 9 either but I can't find specific info. For iOS the app requires iOS 14 or newer which is only 2 years old (released Sept 2020).

-RM
SPN Lifer and nexus7556 like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, RobOnLI , for the succinct explanation.

I guess I'll be using the browser for a while, or my wife's phone.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know a fix to this? Super annoying.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Does anyone know a fix to this? Super annoying.
Same problem here. My solution was to send a message via chat to Marriotts customer asking them to notify Marriott IT that push notifications werent going out on Chat and guests are not receiving the messages. I told them the problem was at multiple hotels, not just them. I went to my dinner reservation at the wrong time last night because of this.

Response:

Good morning, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks you for the feedback. We will inform our IT department accordingly to check on this issue as soon as possible.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
Did "Chat with hotel" feature disappear? I've been having a few issues lately with the Marriott app on my iPhone (latest iOS 16.4.1). So I deleted it and re-installed. Now I noticed today that the "Chat with hotel" feature is completely missing from all of my reservations, including the one I'm currently on and the one that's starting this week. I was hoping to chat with them about my arrival but there's zero options. Anybody else missing this feature now?

Yes, I've toggled logged in and out as well.

-RM
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Did "Chat with hotel" feature disappear? I've been having a few issues lately with the Marriott app on my iPhone (latest iOS 16.4.1). So I deleted it and re-installed. Now I noticed today that the "Chat with hotel" feature is completely missing from all of my reservations, including the one I'm currently on and the one that's starting this week. I was hoping to chat with them about my arrival but there's zero options. Anybody else missing this feature now?

-RM
It's there, if hotel supports it, not all do.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

-RM
Sounds kinda like the iOS 16.4.1 install has done a number on your phone across a number of apps.

David
Old May 31, 2023, 12:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
So, youve fired up the Marriott app and youre right in the middle of doing something when it interrupts you with one of those annoying Do you like this app Yes / No pop ups. Not wishing to waste any more of your time telling it your reasons for No, you click Yes, and you then get :

How ironic .
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.