Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Marriott Bonvoy App - discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Marriott Bonvoy App - discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t help either.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
I saw articles about the new app interface, but do not see it on Android yet. Am on 9.32.0 which is the latest.

Was this rolled out to iOS only?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Antarius
I saw articles about the new app interface, but do not see it on Android yet. Am on 9.32.0 which is the latest.

FWIW I also do not have it on Android yet. The only way I know there's an update is because all my iPhone friends are complaining about it
MaxFlyer and Antarius like this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius

Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW I also do not have it on Android yet. The only way I know there's an update is because all my iPhone friends are complaining about it
Maybe they will get the bugs worked out before they inflict it on Android users.
SPN Lifer, Antarius and nexus7556 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
App reservation discrepency

So, this is a first for me.

I am in the middle of a 6 night stay. The app informed me today is check out day, but I still have 3 days to go

The app has me now checked in one day later then I did and checking out two nights earlier...

I checked with the front desk and they see the correct dates so I am NOT sure what to make of this, just Marriott IT issues?

Anyone else encounter a issue like this?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kauppias
So, this is a first for me.

I am in the middle of a 6 night stay. The app informed me today is check out day, but I still have 3 days to go

The app has me now checked in one day later then I did and checking out two nights earlier...

I checked with the front desk and they see the correct dates so I am NOT sure what to make of this, just Marriott IT issues?

Anyone else encounter a issue like this?
i've noticed this multiple times....very often the app will play around with dates in the middle of the stay....having me check-in a day later or check-out a couple of days earlier....this one time the app kept changing my check-in date daily on a 8 night stay....i checked with the front desk the first couple of times it happened & they confirmed everything was fine on their end....after that i just ignored the app the next time it happened....
Old Mar 6, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've noticed this multiple times....very often the app will play around with dates in the middle of the stay....having me check-in a day later or check-out a couple of days earlier....this one time the app kept changing my check-in date daily on a 8 night stay....i checked with the front desk the first couple of times it happened & they confirmed everything was fine on their end....after that i just ignored the app the next time it happened....
Its a first for me but even weirder now the entire stay has disappeared from the App, does not show in past stays not cancelled ones

Saved the folio as I fear most likely I will have to chase this one too...

Marriott should offer a posting guarantee 😂😂😂 seems I have to chase stays more frequently then ever before...
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure if this was covered upthread, but I noticed the option to send a message to the hotel is gone from the app's reservation status page. I only see a button to call the hotel, but not message them
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Not sure if this was covered upthread, but I noticed the option to send a message to the hotel is gone from the app's reservation status page. I only see a button to call the hotel, but not message them
It's there. However I find it only shows on the services tab all the time. Otherwise it sometimes shows, sometimes doesn't on other tabs.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Are you able to check in completely on the app or do you still have to go to the front desk?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:02 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by svo242
Are you able to check in completely on the app or do you still have to go to the front desk?
Depending on the hotel, yes. Recently stayed at a westin and an Autograph and was able to go directly to the room. I did stop by later for breakfast coupons.
svo242 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:14 pm

Android version of the app still does not display the certificate button like IOS does.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:23 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have issues displaying flexible rates on iOS? It just serves me an error whenever I try to do this in the app but I have no issues finding flexible rates on the mobile website.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Are people still seeing pre-upgrades on the app? Haven't stayed in a hotel in a while and not sure if I will see if they upgrade us before we go.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by svo242
Are people still seeing pre-upgrades on the app? Haven't stayed in a hotel in a while and not sure if I will see if they upgrade us before we go.
i've been upgraded in advance a bunch of times over the last few months....it always showed up on the app....
svo242 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.