Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bennyg2
If I book two suites under my Bonvoy number and name and the others in my party are not Bonvoy members, will I receive stay credits and points for both rooms and all the nights?
You will received points only.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by TerryK
You will received points only.
And then 4 nights (it's a 4 night stay), not 4 nights x 2. Correct?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. You will receive points only, nothing else.
bennyg2 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes, to earn nights, you must pay and stay in the room, so you can get nights credit for only one room.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, Current Titanium, AC SE, x-SPG fanatic
Long gone are the SPG days where you could get credit for up to 3 rooms per stay
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
For me, 1 room points and nights posted, Other room, the points have not posted (I understand I won't get the nights or PAG). I guess I now have to wait 10 days and then go through Marriott's missing stay link and go through the painful process of 10 emails over 2 months before the second room posts.
I had 2 rooms booked at the Westin Sydney, one regular room & one suite on separate reservations. After check-out, the stay & points credited for the regular room I was not occupying. After the 10 days I submitted a request for the other points but was denied as they said my stay already posted.

I guess they missed that the reservation number was different and the significantly higher rate on the suite. I followed up with a tweet to Bonvoy explaining everything again and provided both reservation numbers and referenced the section of the T&Cs and suggested a consideration of additional points for their CS failure.

I received a quick reply that it would not be a "qualifying stay" (which I was not looking for) but did adjust the points and as a "one-time," gesture added an additional 2500 points.

If you are having issues, the Marriott Bonyon Assist via twitter seems to an avenue for a quick resolution.

This was their response!

Hello James, under the Marriott Bonvoy program only the room the Member stays in themselves would be eligible to earn Stay credit. We have however, combined your eligible revenue from your additional folio and have adjusted your Points earnings from this stay. As a one-time gesture of goodwill we have also provided an additional 2,500 Points to your account. You should see both deposits reflect on your Marriott Bonvoy account shortly. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we may assist with.

And this was my reply!

I understand that the additional room is not a "Qualifying Stay" pursuant to section 2.1.d.ii of the terms and conditions, nonetheless, section 2.1d.i specifically spells out "A member may only earn Points for up to (3) guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in the one of the reserved guest rooms....," which I referenced in my request. I was not requesting an Elite Night Credit!

Thank you for your time.

James in Portland
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I had 2 rooms booked at the Westin Sydney, one regular room & one suite on separate reservations. After check-out, the stay & points credited for the regular room I was not occupying. After the 10 days I submitted a request for the other points but was denied as they said my stay already posted.

I guess they missed that the reservation number was different and the significantly higher rate on the suite. I followed up with a tweet to Bonvoy explaining everything again and provided both reservation numbers and referenced the section of the T&Cs and suggested a consideration of additional points for their CS failure.

I received a quick reply that it would not be a "qualifying stay" (which I was not looking for) but did adjust the points and as a "one-time," gesture added an additional 2500 points.

If you are having issues, the Marriott Bonyon Assist via twitter seems to an avenue for a quick resolution.

This was their response!

Hello James, under the Marriott Bonvoy program only the room the Member stays in themselves would be eligible to earn Stay credit. We have however, combined your eligible revenue from your additional folio and have adjusted your Points earnings from this stay. As a one-time gesture of goodwill we have also provided an additional 2,500 Points to your account. You should see both deposits reflect on your Marriott Bonvoy account shortly. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we may assist with.

And this was my reply!

I understand that the additional room is not a "Qualifying Stay" pursuant to section 2.1.d.ii of the terms and conditions, nonetheless, section 2.1d.i specifically spells out "A member may only earn Points for up to (3) guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in the one of the reserved guest rooms....," which I referenced in my request. I was not requesting an Elite Night Credit!

Thank you for your time.

James in Portland
Often I have received responses saying they will follow the rules "as a one-time gesture", which burns me up (and I've lost count of the one-time gestures I've received). However, in your case the extra 2500 points was the one-time gesture and it's worded correctly. Given it doesn't really matter which room you get the nights credit for this all nets out correct. I do find it interesting where it's the lower of the two rooms that the property chose to post, seems to be the trend. I wonder if it's part of the training or personal choice? When in doubt low-ball the guest.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
I think I have been getting multiple room nights credit this year - having a 9 year old, we often get two rooms with a connecting door and I had a few stays where a co-workers room was in my name. In any case, the web site claims I had way more nights this year than I think it should have. Of course the details are hard to figure out from the web site since it doesn't just show nights per credit - but somehow I ended up with more nights than I should have. I did not see this miraculous night increase last year - it's definitely a new development - possibly since I finally got my LTT status.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by flying_geek
I think I have been getting multiple room nights credit this year - having a 9 year old, we often get two rooms with a connecting door and I had a few stays where a co-workers room was in my name. In any case, the web site claims I had way more nights this year than I think it should have. Of course the details are hard to figure out from the web site since it doesn't just show nights per credit - but somehow I ended up with more nights than I should have. I did not see this miraculous night increase last year - it's definitely a new development - possibly since I finally got my LTT status.
It's not in the rules, but does happen when a property messes up (which happens often on many things). Now should Marriott have a reason to audit your account (maybe because of a member mentioning it on a forum they monitor, um like FT) then there is a chance those extra nights will be clawed back. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's done at a time that you have no opportunity to recover (say weeks before year end and you can't make up the nights needed to make/maintain status). I suggest you figure out what is right and manage your stays to that number so you're not caught off guard. In the meantime take advantage of the extra nights and claim the 50/75 night benefits as early as you can. But this does not mean there has been a change in the rules and everyone should count on it.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Marriott would have every right to fix their math and cut the nights count back to what it should be. And while I am happy to make the best use of what is allowed within the rules, I am absolutely not trying to break them. As a LTT member, I am less worried about requalification - and would probably get to 75 nights in the proper way. I had Ambassador level before - nothing I desperately would want again.
I also didn’t mean to suggest the rules have changed - just an observation of what I am seeing this year.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL,SPG
Policy change on multiple reservations?

Hello fellow pissed off Bonvoy'ers -

I have been fighting with the 'elite services' monkeys for the past 2 months on a few overlapping stays. I booked 3 reservations, my name and CC used on all three. They're saying because it was overlapping dates, I would only earn credit for one reservation and not the others.

They say that stay nights only count for one reservation. This seems to have changed this year, since in December 18, me and my team did the exact same thing at a different property without any earning/posting issues.

Is this just ANOTHER changed policy that we now have to deal with or should I escalate to corp Marriott?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by imseanbrown
Hello fellow pissed off Bonvoy'ers -

I have been fighting with the 'elite services' monkeys for the past 2 months on a few overlapping stays. I booked 3 reservations, my name and CC used on all three. They're saying because it was overlapping dates, I would only earn credit for one reservation and not the others.

They say that stay nights only count for one reservation. This seems to have changed this year, since in December 18, me and my team did the exact same thing at a different property without any earning/posting issues.

Is this just ANOTHER changed policy that we now have to deal with or should I escalate to corp Marriott?
You can earn one elite night credit per night but you should get the points for all nights up to 3 rooms. This rule was a departure from SPG. But if you overlapping reservations span over separate nights, you should, IME, get elite night credit for at least one room per calendar night.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
the easy solution is to get all charges for all rooms merged into 1 folio at check-out. These credit correctly all the time. It's not that difficult.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Credit for rooms?

Not that used to Marriott. If I book more than one room do I get any credit for the second one?

Had a bill of around £220 ($280) for the 2 rooms for one night (different original bookings but paid on one bill) and got 3,731 points. I should be on double points so I have no idea if this is correct. Was also given one night credit.

Any idea how to work out if this is correct? As there appears to be no breakdown of points with Marriott.

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Not that used to Marriott. If I book more than one room do I get any credit for the second one?

Had a bill of around £220 ($280) for the 2 rooms for one night (different original bookings but paid on one bill) and got 3,731 points. I should be on double points so I have no idea if this is correct. Was also given one night credit.

Any idea how to work out if this is correct? As there appears to be no breakdown of points with Marriott.

Thanks!
You should only get one night credit but points for both rooms. £220 should be about $220 usd before taxes x 10 should be 2200 points x 2 for double should be around 4400 points for both rooms not including any elite bonuses. If you are at least Platinum with 50% bonus, I would speculate only one room worth of points was credited $110 x 25 plus 1000 amenity ~ 3750.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.