Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Simultaneous Stays

I'll be staying in Dubai for six weeks for work purposes (at the Sheraton). Since I've never been to the UAE, I'm thinking of checking out Abu Dhabi and maybe a couple of other places at the weekends. If I stay at another Marriott hotel while still checked in at the Sheraton in Dubai, will both nights count for points and elite credits, or will it cause the whole of Marriott IT to blow up?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I think it will be safer if you stay at different chain altogether.
Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi looks nice

I believe the issue have been discussed before.
The most possible scenario is : your longer stays might be rejected by Marriott system due to the shorter stays post first.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Mordac
I'll be staying in Dubai for six weeks for work purposes (at the Sheraton). Since I've never been to the UAE, I'm thinking of checking out Abu Dhabi and maybe a couple of other places at the weekends. If I stay at another Marriott hotel while still checked in at the Sheraton in Dubai, will both nights count for points and elite credits, or will it cause the whole of Marriott IT to blow up?
So choices in Dubai any reason you can't split your stay up and visit a few different ones? Or if you checked out and into an AD hotel could always leave your luggage at front desk for the weekend
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:10 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
You aren't entitled to the overlapping stay credits or points, so be aware. The IT issue is less an issue than just you know in advance you aren't entitled to credit at both.

It seems unwise to spend money to stay at overlapping properties, as well, when you can just as easily stow luggage with the concierge/front desk while staying elsewhere for a weekend.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
But work is paying for the main stay 😜

Alright, this is exactly what I thought would be the case, but I thought I'd make sure! I'll just pick a Hilton instead! Still need the second stay for that 7500 points promotion anyway!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:10 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

Alright, this is exactly what I thought would be the case, but I thought I'd make sure! I'll just pick a Hilton instead! Still need the second stay for that 7500 points promotion anyway!
If work is paying for the main stay, then you should be fine! Just let the hotels know. You won't get elite credit for both, though. (Though most in similar situations do earn points at both even if they're not officially supposed to.)
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
How many nights credit

I recently stayed at a Springhill Suites in Savannah for one night with two rooms - should I get 1 night credit or 2 nights? Both rooms were paid for (not rewards) and I am a Gold - trying to get to Platinum and the 2nd night would really help!

Plus I only got a single elite bonus - should I get two?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Redhead
I recently stayed at a Springhill Suites in Savannah for one night with two rooms - should I get 1 night credit or 2 nights? Both rooms were paid for (not rewards) and I am a Gold - trying to get to Platinum and the 2nd night would really help!

Plus I only got a single elite bonus - should I get two?
You should get the points for both rooms but only a single elite nights credit. You should get your elite bonus points on the other room as well.
Redhead and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Sep 24, 2019 at 11:17 am
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
You should get the points for both rooms but only a single elite nights credit. You should get your elite bonus points on the other room as well.
Thanks. Bummer about the extra night. I got the right number of points then
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Lets say I book a stay for 7 nights, but only show up for any 3 of those nights, will I get qualifying nights for all 7 that I pay for?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:32 am

I've done this with work - stay at main place in Dubai, check out for the weekend and stow luggage with concierge, check into new hotel in other city for weekend at same price or lower than main hotel, check back into main hotel on Sunday night/Monday - my work covered even my weekend hotel since they weren't paying for a hotel at the main site. Check with your travel dept to see if they will let you do this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:21 am

Maximum number of rooms to get points

Hi all,

wanted to ask a question to you. I’m planning a stay with family and friends where I’ll likely book 10 rooms at a courtyard hotel. The sales agent said one can only credit up to 3 rooms to one Marriott bonvoy account. If so, I’d need to use two or three Marriott IDs (parents and friends) but I wanna make sure. Does anyone know of such a limitation?

im titanium in case it makes any difference.

thanks!!!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The front desk is correct
we get point for up to 3 rooms booked
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
The front desk is correct
we get point for up to 3 rooms booked
thanks! This thread has been very informative.

since we’ll be staying for 7 days in 12 rooms (a wedding) would it make more sense to book this as an event? I know there’s no more 10 bonus night credits for events but how about points for all rooms?

thanks
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Nights vs Stays?

Marriott properties are combining rooms on the same day under separate reservations with the same name (me) into one "Night".
When did this happen? I thought if I book 3 rooms on the same day at the same property it should be 3 "nights"...
Thoughts?
I understand for SPG previously, if i checked in 3 separate times on the same property its 3 separate stays and i got check in bonus and amenities 3 times...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.