Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
You only get an Elite night for the room you stay in. You can get points for 3 rooms if your rewards # is on the reservation for all 3 rooms.
360guy and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
2 rooms for one night

Hi

i booked two rooms and paid for in my my name for one night at the Manchester Renaisance. I have only been credited with points for one room and one night credit towards my elite status. Does anyone have any advice - I thought at least I should receive points for the second room.

Many thanks
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IIRC in order to earn points on multiple rooms, the hotel has to move the second room charges onto your main folio at check out.

You will definitely only receive the one night credit.
Horace likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Paying for multiple concurrent rooms: points earned

Let's say I book three rooms for 5 days at a Marriott, at $100/night/room, and I stay in one of the rooms. Total $1500. I expect to get five-night credits. How many points should I get? 5000? 15000? Leave out status bonuses to keep the math simple.

Thank you.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:08 am

15000 points. Points for up to 3 rooms.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by jtp1947
15000 points. Points for up to 3 rooms.
Thank you. I will need to follow up with someone... would that be Marriott corporate, or the hotel directly?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:39 am

Marriott Corporate customer service. Just to be clear, your credit card was used for payment for all 3 rooms?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by jtp1947
Marriott Corporate customer service. Just to be clear, your credit card was used for payment for all 3 rooms?
Yes, I have one printed bill I got upon checking out, with all the charges (room, taxes, incidentals) to my credit card as one single charge.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Yes, I have one printed bill I got upon checking out, with all the charges (room, taxes, incidentals) to my credit card as one single charge.
Have you tried contacting the hotel? I had a similar situation in January. The nights posted but not the points. I sent them an email (replied to a pre-arrival email) outlining what was missing. They corrected the error the next morning, emailed me back with an apology and added the welcome points which I had taken breakfast in the restaurant in lieu of and submitted the correction to Marriott. The points posted to my Bonvoy account that same afternoon.

James
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Earning stay credit on multiple rooms

If I book rooms at two hotels in same city on the same nights, will I receive stay credit for both ?

And what's about a situation where I book two rooms at the same hotel for the same duration of the stay ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Marriott Bonv°y will not grant an Elite Night Credit (ENC) or points for the same night at different properties.

In fact, there are numerous reports of longer stays, with an extra stay elsewhere for one night, which posts first, and prevents the ENCs from the longer stay from posting, requiring major effort to unravel.

On the other hand, one can earn points for up to three rooms at a single property, though ENCs for only one of them.

This is all explained more thoroughly in the Marriott Bonv°y Terms & Conditions (T & Cs).
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Marriott Bonv°y will not grant an Elite Night Credit (ENC) or points for the same night at different properties.

In fact, there are numerous reports of longer stays, with an extra stay elsewhere for one night, which posts first, and prevents the ENCs from the longer stay from posting, requiring major effort to unravel.

On the other hand, one can earn points for up to three rooms at a single property, though ENCs for only one of them.

This is all explained more thoroughly in the Marriott Bonv°y Terms & Conditions (T & Cs).
Thank you. One more example of a dumb Marriott policy.

This ends up with me booking the cheap property with Marriott and the expensive one I need in parallel elsewhere. Instead of both properties being Marriott ones.

I'm glad I'm not a stakeholder...

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:22 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Just want to confirm the info in this thread on a slightly different but related topic:

For lifetime status (gold, platinum, etc), booking multiple rooms for the same nights of stay still does not get you extra credit towards lifetime, aside from your own 1 room, is that right?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Correct. Booking multiple rooms can garner additional points, but never an extra Elite Qualifying Night (EQN).

Absent some sort of EQN bonus promotion, the most one can earn is one EQN per calendar night, no matter how many rooms or properties one stays in or pays for.

This EQN limitation applies to both annual and lifetime Elite status qualification.

Beaucoup Bonvy!
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
This is an old thread, but just wanted to mention - I really miss this from the SPG days. Especially as our family has grown and we are almost always booking two rooms on personal travel. Never expect to see it back, but it would be great if it did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.