Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:52 pm

hi, does anyone have definitive answer on how stay nights get posted for multiple rooms?
Understood previously SPG posts up to 3 rooms and new program does only 1.
But also heard saying they will grandfather SPG rules until the EOY.

Does that mean I have to stay in a SPG property? I miraculously have 42 nights and thinking about a MR, wanted to be sure
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
You wont get night credit for multiple rooms - that's gone. You get points for upto three rooms assuming you are staying in one of them and paying for all.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:42 pm

Anecdotal evidence, as per a few reports here on FT, is that if it’s a stay at a property still on SPG’s old booking platform you’ll probably still get credit for multiple nights.
myko85 and ryw like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Anecdotal evidence, as per a few reports here on FT, is that if it’s a stay at a property still on SPG’s old booking platform you’ll probably still get credit for multiple nights.
Until your account is audited early next year or the IT is corrected and those extra nights and the status they got for you are all clawed back.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
it didn't happen anymore. Recently stay 3 nights at SPG's property but only points of all rooms received. Stay didn't.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Purely anecdotal but I recently stayed at a JW Marriott where I received stay credit for both rooms which I thought was odd considering that Marriott has a policy of not crediting nights beyond the first room booked.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Purely anecdotal but I recently stayed at a JW Marriott where I received stay credit for both rooms which I thought was odd considering that Marriott has a policy of not crediting nights beyond the first room booked.
Yes, well noted that some properties mess up and things happen that shouldn't. Be aware, should they have reason to audit your account that second night could get clawed back. So if you are just crossing a tier threshold go an extra night to make sure you don't miss the goal. If it gets pulled the end of December (or even January for that matter) you may not have time to make it up.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
This is all correct and has been the case forever with Marriott. While the Marriott rules have always stated the member only gets credit for one room, many of us would get credit at some hotels for the second room. It has widely been speculated that some former SPG hotels would continue giving credit for the second room, too, but there is no way to know which hotels will and which won't.

Several times a year I would travel with salespeople who might have allegiance to a different hotel chain. On night one we might stay at IHG in two rooms, but both registered under the salesperson's account. The next night we would stay at a MR hotel both under my MR#. We would do this because two nights of MR points were more valuable to me than one MR and one IHG, and visa versa for the salesperson. We would run the charges separately under our own cards so as to get separate folios so we could expense the rooms on each or our expense accounts. When the reservations were run separately even though they were each under the same MR# I would usually get credit for both nights. Given I was already LTP and had way more nights than I ever needed the extra night didn't really matter. This was more likely to happen at the lower end brands like FI, SHS, CY, TPS and RI and less likely to happen at the full service hotels, but it did happen at full service hotels.

Nothing was ever audited, clawed back, questioned or seemingly ever noticed.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Nothing was ever audited, clawed back, questioned or seemingly ever noticed.
I've booked 3 rooms as separate reservations at a specific Courtyard most years for the last 10 years and I've always received credit for all 3 rooms even though the official policy says it should only be one room. I think unless the property goes in and manually deletes or changes the number it will post. Maybe Marriott will update the system to not allow this but somehow I think they have bigger issues to fix first.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, well noted that some properties mess up and things happen that shouldn't. Be aware, should they have reason to audit your account that second night could get clawed back. So if you are just crossing a tier threshold go an extra night to make sure you don't miss the goal. If it gets pulled the end of December (or even January for that matter) you may not have time to make it up.
i dont know if Marriott will do the same, but spg has been willing to make allowances if you have a compelling story for not crossing a threshold. If you call in and say 'hey look, you guys gave me credit for it, thats what the rules always were, i already did a mattress run to get to 50 nights, if I would have known what my total actually was i wouldnt have made sure to get those two nights you clawed back in' - they might just give you the status as a courtesy.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by stant
i dont know if Marriott will do the same, but spg has been willing to make allowances if you have a compelling story for not crossing a threshold. If you call in and say 'hey look, you guys gave me credit for it, thats what the rules always were, i already did a mattress run to get to 50 nights, if I would have known what my total actually was i wouldnt have made sure to get those two nights you clawed back in' - they might just give you the status as a courtesy.
No with Marriott you need to get to the threshold or pay for the buyback offer.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I've booked 3 rooms as separate reservations at a specific Courtyard most years for the last 10 years and I've always received credit for all 3 rooms even though the official policy says it should only be one room. I think unless the property goes in and manually deletes or changes the number it will post. Maybe Marriott will update the system to not allow this but somehow I think they have bigger issues to fix first.
No offense, but I sure hope they fix this loophole, and the sooner the better.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:31 pm

I made three separate stays at hotel. 2 for me 1 for my parents.

My stays:
11/26-11/28
11/29-11/31

My Parents:
11/25-11/31

My two stays have posted but my parents stay has not.

My parents room was in my name, I paid for it with my credit card, and my membership number was on it. Am I supposed to get points for that stay? I don't need the nights.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott15
I made three separate stays at hotel. 2 for me 1 for my parents.

My stays:
11/26-11/28
11/29-11/31

My Parents:
11/25-11/31

My two stays have posted but my parents stay has not.

My parents room was in my name, I paid for it with my credit card, and my membership number was on it. Am I supposed to get points for that stay? I don't need the nights.
Points but not nights (or stay).
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Points but not nights (or stay).

Thank You! Will I just see points added to my account or will something post under my activity section?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.