Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Earning Night Credits for Multiple Rooms

The new terms and conditions indicate (Sec 2.1.d(i)(3)) indicate that I can earn points for up to 3 consecutive rooms at a time. But do I receive Earned Night Credits for all 3 rooms also? eg. If I check in for 2 nights to 3 rooms, will I receive 6 night credits upon departure? if so, can anyone point to where in the T&Cs it covers this and/or if you had personal experiece with them posting this way?

I haven’t had luck finding this through a search so my apologies if this has been asked and answered.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by el_jefe
The new terms and conditions indicate (Sec 2.1.d(i)(3)) indicate that I can earn points for up to 3 consecutive rooms at a time. But do I receive Earned Night Credits for all 3 rooms also? eg. If I check in for 2 nights to 3 rooms, will I receive 6 night credits upon departure? if so, can anyone point to where in the T&Cs it covers this and/or if you had personal experiece with them posting this way?

I haven’t had luck finding this through a search so my apologies if this has been asked and answered.
No, you only get night credit for your own room and points for up to three rooms as long as they are booked under your account and you pay for the room(s). At least according to the T&Cs, now some properties mess up and you might get night credit for the other rooms, but, given Marriott is getting chincy, that could be pulled back should they do an audit on your account. There are many holes in the T&Cs and Marriott is good at putting a lot of wiggle room in their terms, so don't expect explicit terms that they might be held to.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I have a stay coming up with 2 rooms. I understand I won't get night credit for both rooms which is OK as I am already past 75 nights and roll over nights are gone

The question I have is:
Will I get Platinum Premier arrival gift miles for both rooms or only one room? Infact, will the hotel even offer for both rooms or just one room?

The property is Renaissance, Kuala Lumpur
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:59 pm

I have a question regarding 25 stays to hit platinum.
I understand that Marriott will honor stays until end of year for stays.
My question is do marriott still honor 3 rooms = 3 stays for 1 night terms?
As its not in the T&C it only stated that will honor the stays credited for elite.

Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I have a stay coming up with 2 rooms. I understand I won't get night credit for both rooms which is OK as I am already past 75 nights and roll over nights are gone

The question I have is:
Will I get Platinum Premier arrival gift miles for both rooms or only one room? Infact, will the hotel even offer for both rooms or just one room?

The property is Renaissance, Kuala Lumpur
The PAG is for the member room only. Now some properties may extend (I don't know this particular one) but don't expect it. This also includes enhanced Wifi, if they offer it. Program benefits are for the member, not anyone/everyone they might know.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dlhy
I have a question regarding 25 stays to hit platinum.
I understand that Marriott will honor stays until end of year for stays.
My question is do marriott still honor 3 rooms = 3 stays for 1 night terms?
As its not in the T&C it only stated that will honor the stays credited for elite.

Thanks.
NOT after August 18th. You only get nights/stay credit for one room.

Note also that to qualify for status on the basis, ONLY SPG stays count, no legacy Marriott properties.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by CJKatl
If you were at two or three different hotels you account should be shut down.
Why should this be the case? There have been several times where I'm staying in a city for an extended time and then visit a smaller outlying area. Rather than check out of my primary hotel, I'll just pack a small overnight bag and head out for one or two nights and then return. This was never an issue with SPG before and in fact would get points/nights/stay credit for both properties. Why is this grounds for program termination at Marriott and where in the T&Cs is this detailed?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why should this be the case? There have been several times where I'm staying in a city for an extended time and then visit a smaller outlying area. Rather than check out of my primary hotel, I'll just pack a small overnight bag and head out for one or two nights and then return. This was never an issue with SPG before and in fact would get points/nights/stay credit for both properties. Why is this grounds for program termination at Marriott and where in the T&Cs is this detailed?
The general premise is an individual can only be in one place at a time and the program calls for the member to be present to earn the credit. There are absolutely several corner cases, like yours, that are very legitimate and even if/when blocked by the system can/should be unblocked by a trained CSR. However, there are some that blatantly game the system by booking anyone they know under their account in order to gain status or earn points that they do not deserve. Simply put this is fraud and every program has T&Cs that allow them to "fire" a member.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
This situation which is totally legit for instance in a city like Mumbai where if you have a meeting in one part of town you might to have to stay at another hotel for one night to avoid hours and hours stuck in a traffic jam in the evening. I would inform MR prior to my stay and explain the situation if they say no you cant get credit or you are not allowed to stay without risking getting your account closed I would just stay somewhere else at the competition
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
It wasn't grounds for program termination in Marriott, no. I did it more than once (the exact situation you describe). The old terms (as I recall) were you would earn points, but not qualifying nights. Marriott had no concept of stays (outside of promos, but that's another discussion).

I believe the "you should be kicked out of the program" is one poster's opinion and does not represent Marriott's past or current terms and stated position.
margarita girl and nexusCFX like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The PAG is for the member room only. Now some properties may extend (I don't know this particular one) but don't expect it. This also includes enhanced Wifi, if they offer it. Program benefits are for the member, not anyone/everyone they might know.
Thanks

So if offered PAG for the second room, I will pick a non point amenity.

I understand program benefits are for the member, but it's not like anyone/everyone situation, I am paying for both the rooms and I will be surprised if Marriott members pay for rooms of any/every one they know. There was no need for this statement.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Credit for simultaneous rooms?

Looked for a FAQ thread but couldn’t seem to find one. I am travelling with a couple of colleagues, and they don’t care for points - and I plan on booking rooms for all of us. I used to get stay credit pre-merger with SPG per their T&Cs. Is this still valid with the new program? I don’t really care about the points, just the elite nights.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:33 am

Never mind ... could’ve done a better job Googling. Answer is elite credit for one room only, points for all rooms.

Let me alter the question then... is it possible to choose WHICH room gets the elite credit? Suppose one room for 1 night, one for 5, one for 15 - will the system be smart enough to choose the 15 one? I’m somehow in doubt.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:33 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ion-rules.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ous-rooms.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ree-rooms.html

And others

Nick
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:45 am

Thanks for that. Weirdly, that didn’t come up in my searches either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.