Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Ok, thanks!

Maybe it was the pre bonvoy days when you got more credits or maybe I'm just wrong haha
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Ok, thanks!

Maybe it was the pre bonvoy days when you got more credits or maybe I'm just wrong haha
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Not sure why the above post is duplicated!

Just checked online and it seems I got

1,436 Base + 359 Elite + 1,936 Extra

really not sure what this means
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Not sure why the above post is duplicated!

Just checked online and it seems I got

1,436 Base + 359 Elite + 1,936 Extra

really not sure what this means
you got credited $143.60 in room plus 25% gold bonus plus another 1436 in double points plus assuming 500 gold welcome points.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
I'm assuming the elite bonus also extends to points for a second or third room, but any ideas if the Double Points promotion should also extend to the additional rooms?

Going back and forth with "Elite Services" because they keep telling my stay has posted, even though points only posted for the first room and not the second room. Lesson learned, from now on, I'm merging everything into one folio to simplify this process (wish I had done it before on this stay, but the hotel was having enough trouble trying not to charge the DCC/inflated foreign currency rate on their new terminals)...
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
I'm assuming the elite bonus also extends to points for a second or third room, but any ideas if the Double Points promotion should also extend to the additional rooms?

Going back and forth with "Elite Services" because they keep telling my stay has posted, even though points only posted for the first room and not the second room. Lesson learned, from now on, I'm merging everything into one folio to simplify this process (wish I had done it before on this stay, but the hotel was having enough trouble trying not to charge the DCC/inflated foreign currency rate on their new terminals)...
I had the same isdue with two rooms at the Westin Sydney. I requested the points for the second room online but got the "stay already posted" response.

I sent Bonvoy a tweet with the reservation numbers of each folio and explained that the second room points did not post. In short order, they posted the additional points for the second room, provided a 2500 point service recovery & added an extra Elite Night.

Bonvoy assist has bern excellent the few times I have used it.

James
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: United Platinum & 2.0MM; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium and Lifetime Gold; Hyatt and Hilton Honors peon
Elite qualification question re: booking nights for other travelers

Hi,

I am looking at qualifying for Platinum this year and have a question: I will be traveling with my in-laws. If I book two rooms each night for our stays, do both rooms count towards my elite qualification or do I only get credit for the room I book for myself? Thanks

John H
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:52 pm

No, you can only get one night credit per night. You can collect points for up to three rooms IIRC.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I had the same isdue with two rooms at the Westin Sydney. I requested the points for the second room online but got the "stay already posted" response.

I sent Bonvoy a tweet with the reservation numbers of each folio and explained that the second room points did not post. In short order, they posted the additional points for the second room, provided a 2500 point service recovery & added an extra Elite Night.

Bonvoy assist has bern excellent the few times I have used it.

James
Thanks! Looks like they eventually passed it on to Customer Care, who was able to get everything corrected... ^
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:17 pm

One night 2 rooms - qualification for “stay” nights in status

perviously under SPG if I book 2 rooms on 1 night I will get a credit for 2 nights stay to count towards the platinum qualification.
just wanted to see whether it is still the case now with bonvoy?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
No. You get the points for both, but only one stay.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Antarius
No. You get the points for both, but only one stay.
And if you change the name on the second room to the occupant's name, you will not get the points even though you pay with your credit card and your MB number is on the reservation ... at least that was my experience recently. I finally gave up arguing with them.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JayeJ
And if you change the name on the second room to the occupant's name, you will not get the points even though you pay with your credit card and your MB number is on the reservation ... at least that was my experience recently. I finally gave up arguing with them.
Really? Not been my experience at all.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Antarius
Really? Not been my experience at all.
Glad it worked out for you.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:43 am

Thanks. That’s a shame I clearly recall I get 2 sets of qualifying nights with sPG before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.