Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I made three separate stays at hotel. 2 for me 1 for my parents.

My stays:
11/26-11/28
11/29-11/31

My Parents:
11/25-11/31

My two stays have posted but my parents stay has not.

My parents room was in my name, I paid for it with my credit card, and my membership number was on it. Am I supposed to get points for that stay? I don't need the nights.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Points but not nights (or stay).
Actually, I recall reading something that the member's stay must match the other rooms stay, and since the parents stay does not match MPG has cause to deny points for the other room. I hope they don't and many properties are known to mess up (sometimes in favor of the member) so anything can happen. I would even go as far as submitting for the missing points if they don't show up. A way to facilitate this in the future might be to ask the FDC to move all the charges from the other room to the member folio and then you'd just about be assured to get the points.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I made three separate stays at hotel. 2 for me 1 for my parents.

My stays:
11/26-11/28
11/29-11/31

My Parents:
11/25-11/31

My two stays have posted but my parents stay has not.

My parents room was in my name, I paid for it with my credit card, and my membership number was on it. Am I supposed to get points for that stay? I don't need the nights.
Was this activity all at the same hotel? The odd wording makes it appear these may have been three separate hotels. If you were all at the same hotel you should get points for all three stays. If you were at two or three different hotels you account should be shut down.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Anecdotal evidence, as per a few reports here on FT, is that if it’s a stay at a property still on SPG’s old booking platform you’ll probably still get credit for multiple nights.
Not my experience at all. I’ve had 5 multi-room stays since the merger and none have given me night credits for more than one room. In fact, 4 of the 5 stays have given me points only for my room and my ambassador had to request the points for my second room. All at SPG legacy hotels.
emma dog likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, well noted that some properties mess up and things happen that shouldn't. Be aware, should they have reason to audit your account that second night could get clawed back. So if you are just crossing a tier threshold go an extra night to make sure you don't miss the goal. If it gets pulled the end of December (or even January for that matter) you may not have time to make it up.
When have accounts actually ever been audited? ............I have never heard of one.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No offense, but I sure hope they fix this loophole, and the sooner the better.
No offense taken I prefer the benefits to be tightly defined and not subject to loopholes like this as well. I also think they should more tightly control points and nights credit when not checking in. There should be a check in place where you only get the points if positive ID provided, no way around. Not your wife, not your father, mother, child etc without exceptions. No benefits if primary not present either. I know of a few people who basically share a "family" account and Marriott and especially SPG seemed to condone this.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Was this activity all at the same hotel? The odd wording makes it appear these may have been three separate hotels. If you were all at the same hotel you should get points for all three stays. If you were at two or three different hotels you account should be shut down.
All at the same Westin.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:17 pm

Earning points on additional rooms - just base points or also elite status bonus?

Hey everyone,

I can't find the answer to this so just wanted to check with the great minds here..

If I book 2 rooms, I'm aware I will not receive elite night credits for the 2nd room, but understand I will earn points for the 2nd room.. My question is; will I only receive base points for the 2nd room, or will I also receive my 75% Platinum Premier bonus points on top?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:46 am

Another question is do you receive spend credit for both rooms ?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Two rooms for one night - is it two night stay?

If i book two rooms under my name for one night, does that count as a two night stay (2 rooms x 1 night each)?

Asking for meeting 50 night requirements for platinum.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It's one night. No multi room credit.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cooleddie
If i book two rooms under my name for one night, does that count as a two night stay (2 rooms x 1 night each)?

Asking for meeting 50 night requirements for platinum.
nope another SPG perk that has gone.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mr_moon
Hey everyone,

I can't find the answer to this so just wanted to check with the great minds here..

If I book 2 rooms, I'm aware I will not receive elite night credits for the 2nd room, but understand I will earn points for the 2nd room.. My question is; will I only receive base points for the 2nd room, or will I also receive my 75% Platinum Premier bonus points on top?

Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Another question is do you receive spend credit for both rooms ?
yes to all. The best thing is to have the charges from the 2nd room transferred. One folio, one total, less chance for MR to mess up. That has consistently worked for me over the years. Always received credit plus bonus.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
What if someone booked two different rooms at two different hotels?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Under the old SPG program, this would not result in 2 credits. Or it might, but it could be caught later under review/audit. Per the program rules, you can't be in two places at once.

Google turns up multiple hits on this question at insiders.marriottrewards.com, but unsurprisingly it's not available.

Last edited by CPRich; Dec 9, 2018 at 9:40 am
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cooleddie
What if someone booked two different rooms at two different hotels?
Against the T&Cs (member can't be in two places at once). When/If discovered can result in credit reversed. If deemed chronic, can result in account being closed.

Not sure why it needs to repeated so often but the program is for the benefit of the member, not anyone/everyone the member might know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.