Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Hmm.

Do you know who to call to ask about it?
I have not gotten mine either
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
my night from last month posted properly.

but, I don't think the points posted right. I've never had this happen before and several years but it looks like they treated some spend at autograph properties as non Marriott spend.

Do I call Chase on that or Marriott?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Nights I would wait a bit longer for (in June there was a system glitch that Marriott finally fixed.)

Points not posting correctly (especially due to an Autograph Hotel misclassification) would be a Chase issue. I've had that before and they fixed it via private message.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:15 am

Anyone get their nights yet?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by swstalker
Anyone get their nights yet?
I’m still waiting for the credit card nights to post from my August spend. Very frustrating but at least I now know it’s not just me.

I do remember that the ones from May did not post until around the 21st.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:44 am

still waiting as well, but it seems every few months a delay happens. i assume it may have to do with the release of the peak / offpeak changes as it always seems like when there is a big change happening, the crediting gets put off.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by swintec
still waiting as well, but it seems every few months a delay happens. i assume it may have to do with the release of the peak / offpeak changes as it always seems like when there is a big change happening, the crediting gets put off.
Finally!!!

Nights posted today.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Finally!!!

Nights posted today.
nothing for me yet, but i assume it happens in waves so im glad to see it has started.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:18 am

nothing for me either/
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:38 am

I might have received yours.
Got a couple more than I was expecting. 😊
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:48 am

Finally got the nights from September spend, but this month it was less than I thought it should be.

I know it’s supposed to be calculated by monthly spend, but last 2 times seemed to be aligned with statement spend.

Any idea if they changed the way they are calculating it now?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Quick story about missing points: My Chase VISA account closed on 11/11. I earned 2050 points from non-Marriott spending and over 100,000 points (yes, not a typo) from Marriott spending. The correct amounts appear on my actual credit-card statement.

In my Marriott account, 2050 points posted early yesterday morning. The big block from Marriott spending did not post. They ALWAYS post simultaneously. Not this time.

I called Chase. They said that both point blocks were transmitted at the same time by their big computer. No human hands touched this. It's inconceivable to them how the 2050 could have arrived and been posted correctly, while the other amount was lost somewhere in cyberspace.

I called Marriott. After fighting my way through their automated menu system, I finally got a woman who was both unpleasant and uncooperative, to the point of being rude. She said that Chase didn't send the points and that I should speak with them. Of course, I already had spoken with them and repeated what they said about how the posting of the 2050 points implied that the other amount had also arrived. She insisted that Chase had sent only the smaller amount, which is essentially impossible. I offered to send Marriott my statement. She expressed a complete lack of interest, refused to accept it and just kept telling me to talk to Chase -- which I had just done, and she knew it. Finally, after I refused to take no for an answer, she agreed to open a case on this. She said that someone would do some research and get back to me. But, wow, what a struggle. If this is how Marriott treats a lifetime Titanium member with that kind of Marriott spending, I simply can't imagine how they treat the average Joe.

Bruce

When you say your chase account closed do you mean the statement closed, or they closed your card? They closed my card after a huge month of spending and did something similar. Only transmitted part of the points, then blamed marriott. Because I didnt have a card anymore they didnt have much incentive to help me fix it. I never did get the points, or nights credit I had earned via spend.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:29 am

bonus spend / non bonus spend has posted separately (at least for me) each month for the last 6 or 7 months this year. nothing to worry about.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Are Marriott Premier (not Plus) Visa holders still eligible for the one night credit per $3000 spend?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by abraxis
Are Marriott Premier (not Plus) Visa holders still eligible for the one night credit per $3000 spend?
The "classic" card still gives one elite night credit for each $3,000 in spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.