Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
So can we all agree now that there's a problem with elite nights posting from March/April spend?
I confess I don't follow the date the elite nights normally post but mine posted for April. Not sure I'll have any post for this month as they've credited me for four nights so far this year and I haven't been billed $12,000 for the year yet.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:21 am

So can we all agree now that there's a problem with elite nights posting from March/April spend?
No, just April spend for me.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I confess I don't follow the date the elite nights normally post but mine posted for April. Not sure I'll have any post for this month as they've credited me for four nights so far this year and I haven't been billed $12,000 for the year yet.
Maybe you got mine
C17PSGR likes this.

Last edited by Kacee; May 14, 2019 at 11:18 am
Old May 14, 2019, 12:36 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Mine have posted every month around the 9th until now (so no posting in May for April spend)

Of course (Murphy’s Law) it is my month with my highest spend to date on the card.

I believe the problem is on the Marriott side. Chase CSA was adamant that Chase sent over the nights on May 6th.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:39 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

I didn’t understand until last month when Chase explained it to me that the spend calculation has nothing to do with our statements- it is strictly on a calendar basis— first of month to last day of month.

I was always so confused that our statements had no info on Elite nights earned.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:10 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Has anyone received in May?
Old May 17, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by damon88
Has anyone received in May?
Mine have not posted.
damon88 likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:58 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Mine have not posted.

Thanks Kacee

Do you think the Marriott rep’s explanation was accurate and they really will not be posting these now until 8 weeks after our statements close?

Old May 18, 2019, 9:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Here is part of what Chase customer service sent me in response to my query about April nights not posting:

please be assured, Marriott confirmed that all Elite Night Credits you earned for every $3,000.00 you have spent in net purchases using your Marriott Bonvoy(TM) Credit Card account have posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account.

As a result, no additional credits are due to the account at this time. The following Elite Night Credits have been posted to your account at Marriott Bonvoy and are included in the total credits you've earned using your card:

- 4 Elite Night Credits have been sent to Marriott on May 6, 2019. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from the last day of each calendar month you qualify for your Elite Night Credit(s) to be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy account. The credits are automatically deposited into your Marriott Bonvoy account and included in your non-stay night totals.
The first paragraph contradicts the second one in that the 4 nights for April have not posted to my account so how could Marriott confirm that I all the nights I have earned have posted to my account.

Since I am planning on taking the 15 elite night upgrade offer I wanted these nights to post first and I am worried if I upgrade those 4 nights will never show up. Anyway, I am probably going to take the upgrade offer next week and cross my fingers. I will post an update when/if it is resolved!
Old May 18, 2019, 9:35 am

i think it was last fall where there was a similar problem to this where the credits didnt happen until the end of the month.

i think as far as chase is concerned, once they send things over to marriott their part is complete as they would have no insight into what happened at that point unless of course they opened some sort of ticket with marriott to get information.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:09 am

please be assured, Marriott confirmed that all Elite Night Credits you earned for every $3,000.00 you have spent in net purchases using your Marriott Bonvoy(TM) Credit Card account have posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account
I bet they did, too

The incompetence of this company is simply staggering.
Originally Posted by damon88
Do you think the Marriott rep’s explanation was accurate and they really will not be posting these now until 8 weeks after our statements close?
I don't think Marriott's statements on how long it will take have any basis in reality. It's just the Marriott cs equivalent of "we're not going to admit we messed up again, go away."
Old May 19, 2019, 1:07 pm

In January all my night posted from 8/18-12/18.
Everything this year had been posting correctly by the 10th of the month until now.
And if course this month is when I too was expecting 9 days.
At least now I see I’m not the only one. I’ve been using this card exclusively as I’m close to LTP and won’t even consider upgrading unless they do away with this benefit.
I don’t think they have any plans to do so as they keep advertising this as a benefit of the card.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I don’t think they have any plans to do so as they keep advertising this as a benefit of the card.
Advertising? The card is no longer available for new applications. "Grudgingly admitting" is more like it.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:36 pm

I noticed it was no longer stated on the top right of my statement when it changed to Bonvoy so I thought that it would be gone soon.
So I checked online on Chase and it is indeed still written there as a benefit. And when I received my new card it was also written on the paperwork that was enclosed so it seems it should be around a little longer.
Except for the nights we are losing out as we receive less points per purchases than the newer version.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Except for the nights we are losing out as we receive less points per purchases than the newer version.
The negatives are (i) one less point per dollar on Marriott spend, (ii) one less point per dollar on general spend, (iii) 25k cert vs. 35k cert for the new card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.