Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
new resrictions on SPG & Marriott bonuses eff. 8/26--not good

Originally Posted by cfischer
absolutely, these are different products.
HT to TPG & MMS: New restrictions on bonuses have just been announced by bloggers on both the SPG and Marriott cards effective 8/26/18. See: https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-bo...-credit-cards/
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:49 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
HT to TPG & MMS: New restrictions on bonuses have just been announced by bloggers on both the SPG and Marriott cards effective 8/26/18. See: https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-bo...-credit-cards/
So no such restrictions until then? I was approved for the Marriott Rewards Premier card about a year ago and am contemplating getting the SPG card (more likely "regular" rather than luxury) if the sign up bonus is more enticing than the current $200 statement credit. Is it safe to assume I will be eligible for the sign up bonus if I am approved for one before 8/26/18?

LAX
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My points finally posted at some point this afternoon. This includes my 100k signup bonus for hitting the $5k spend threshold...which puts me over 2 million and gets me lifetime platinum, also reflected on the website. Woohoo!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
If I apply today, is it too late for the 15 elite nights credit? #spgrefugee
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Is the night per $3,000 not posting on the card? Mine didn't post but the points posted.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Is the night per $3,000 not posting on the card? Mine didn't post but the points posted.
The new card does not include this benefit.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander
The new card does not include this benefit.
I have the old version...
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I have the old version...
I have the old version as well. My latest night from $3000 of spend is over a month late in posting. I called Chase a couple of weeks ago and they said that this benefit is still on my card. When I asked for help they first said that it was up to Marriott to post it. When I persisted they said they could open an inquiry for me but the fellow didn't sound optimistic. Bottom line I put it on my to do list for next month if it still hasn't posted by then. I've been waiting to see if others had the same issue so I'd know whether it was likely a systemic issue or just a problem with my account.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I have the old version as well. My latest night from $3000 of spend is over a month late in posting. I called Chase a couple of weeks ago and they said that this benefit is still on my card. When I asked for help they first said that it was up to Marriott to post it. When I persisted they said they could open an inquiry for me but the fellow didn't sound optimistic. Bottom line I put it on my to do list for next month if it still hasn't posted by then. I've been waiting to see if others had the same issue so I'd know whether it was likely a systemic issue or just a problem with my account.
Hmm, if the benefit is no longer there what's the point of having this card...

The points posted late last statement as well, and the hotel bonus portion of it did not even post at all, you had to inquire it.

Please do let me know if you got any updates. Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Can someone tell me what happens when I upgrade to the new card? My account anniversary is in October. Will I still get a 15 night credit + a 25k certificate on my existing anniversary if I upgrade today? Or would I be stuck waiting until next year to get any benefits?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by flandery
Can someone tell me what happens when I upgrade to the new card? My account anniversary is in October. Will I still get a 15 night credit + a 25k certificate on my existing anniversary if I upgrade today? Or would I be stuck waiting until next year to get any benefits?
You should call Chase to confirm, but when I upgraded my card over the phone, they told me I would receive a 25k point anniversary free night certificate in September and the new 35k point certificate next year.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Hmm, if the benefit is no longer there what's the point of having this card...

The points posted late last statement as well, and the hotel bonus portion of it did not even post at all, you had to inquire it.

Please do let me know if you got any updates. Thanks.
I will post with any new info and hope you and others will do the same. My nights from $3000 spend were posting fine this year until I hit my card anniversary. So if others with the old card will watch what happens after their anniversary it will help.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:49 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I will post with any new info and hope you and others will do the same. My nights from $3000 spend were posting fine this year until I hit my card anniversary. So if others with the old card will watch what happens after their anniversary it will help.
Yes please do i'm still getting my nights from the 3K spend also..
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Yes please do i'm still getting my nights from the 3K spend also..
Yesterday was my card member anniversary. In July I did receive a nights credit for $3K spend but I don't have enough spend to yet qualify for another nights credit. The spend points for this current statement did post yesterday as expected. Neither the 15 nights credit nor the free night certificate have yet posted. The only thing I've received extra is an email from Marriott congratulating me.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:59 am

just a reminder, CC nights from the prior month (NOT statement period, actual month, 1st to the 30th or 31st) post around the 10th of each month, could be the 9th or 10th or 11th etc but it is always around the 10th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.