Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:56 pm

I just earned lifetime platinum (thanks to the Brilliant card perk) when the new year rolled around so I don't see myself needing the Premier's 3k spend benefit any longer. Anyone know of a way to get an upgrade bonus to the new $95 a year card that earns 6pts/$? Looking to get rid of the Brilliant before the new $650 fee hits.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I don't think it's property based; I think it's a problem with the card. I've recently noticed it doesn't seem to be recognizing former Starwood and some of the newer brands as purchases that should receive the Marriott bonus. I've had this happen at an Autograph in Europe and Westin/Sheraton properties in plain ol' New Jersey. I've put off going to fight with them about it because I don't know how long it's been happening and so I have to go back and check for some time to see how many times I've got ripped off. But that's what I'm seeing, FWIW.

FTF
Will give them a call today to report the missing points.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
Good luck!
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Good luck!
The agent said she has put in a request with the marketing department so that they can review the transaction. I'll know in 7-10 days what the outcome will be.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The agent said she has put in a request with the marketing department so that they can review the transaction. I'll know in 7-10 days what the outcome will be.
14 days after my call, I received a letter from Chase today informing me that they have reviewed the transaction with Marriott & I should have received the bonus points. They will now post in another 30 days.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Hagela
I just earned lifetime platinum (thanks to the Brilliant card perk) when the new year rolled around so I don't see myself needing the Premier's 3k spend benefit any longer. Anyone know of a way to get an upgrade bonus to the new $95 a year card that earns 6pts/$? Looking to get rid of the Brilliant before the new $650 fee hits.
I keep the Premeir card with the $3000/1 elite night night to help get me to titanium.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I have used this as my primary card for over a decade. It contributed ⅔ of the Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) to obtain my lifetime Marriott Bonvy Platinum Elite status, and put me over the top for four years of Titanium Elite status.

Now we are using my wife's card. 💚
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.