Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 7:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Miami Airport Marriott. Asked at check-in and was given 4pm check-out.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:13 pm

Singer Island Palm Beach: Asked for 4pm they gave me 1pm after I asked for better than 11. Said it was based on availability...
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:06 pm

Towneplace Suites Buffalo Airport

Not sure if this benefit is across all Marriott brands. I am new to Marriott and recently received my Gold Elite status through my SPG Gold status.

Asked for a late check out and was refused.

Other than the room key, Gold Elite meant nothing at this particular Marriott brand. No room upgrade, nothing.

I also stayed 2 nights at the Towneplace Suites Grove City PA. Same experience.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:58 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Since commencement I've stayed about 50 nights at Marriott's. Mostly I've had no need for 4pm checkout but a few hotels advised on checkin the key was set for 4pm, well done Quebec Delta, Brussells and Budapest Marriotts. Everywhere else, wherever I requested a late checkout was granted to the time I wanted without demur. This is a definite improvement!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jjesq99
Singer Island Palm Beach: Asked for 4pm they gave me 1pm after I asked for better than 11. Said it was based on availability...
Did you report this to MR? Sounds like they need some more training. Letting properties get away with changing the rules at their whim invalidates the program.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Not sure if this benefit is across all Marriott brands. I am new to Marriott and recently received my Gold Elite status through my SPG Gold status.

Asked for a late check out and was refused.

Other than the room key, Gold Elite meant nothing at this particular Marriott brand. No room upgrade, nothing.

I also stayed 2 nights at the Towneplace Suites Grove City PA. Same experience.
There are some properties that will make up/bend the rules to suits their needs. These properties need to be named here (so we know what to expect should we desire to stay there) and they need to be reported to MR. If MR does not have the ability to enforce their marketing programs then they may as well have no marketing program. Just think of the money they could save by dumping them!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Having switched over to Hyatt for the beetter half of last year I can say hyatt has much better consistency across the board and better service than Marriott's. I've never had to battle for a late check out.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A FT friend emailed me to say Rayong Marriott (which is a resort) offered 4pm check-out for both rooms w/ no problem.

Cheers.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did you report this to MR? Sounds like they need some more training. Letting properties get away with changing the rules at their whim invalidates the program.
this is a resort I believe
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:48 pm

It is a resort
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by GoPhils
Originally Posted by jjesq99
It is a resort
TownePlace Suites is a "resort"?

I am surprised. I would rate it to be in the same ranking as Residence Inn.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Bangkok Marriott Marquis soi 22, at checki-in they told me I could stay til 4pm. I said thanks, 3pm is fine but then about 2:30pm I called and asked for 4pm and no problem. Brand new hotel, lobby is enormous.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Clipper801
TownePlace Suites is a "resort"?

I am surprised. I would rate it to be in the same ranking as Residence Inn.
My post was in response to Roger (although I see he also replied to your post with a different response), which was in response to jjesq (who then followed up on my post), which was referring to the Singer Island Palm Beach Marriott.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoPhils
AH yes, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa. Of course the one time I don't look it up myself... Thank you.

Wasn't it MR that, at least one time, had the rule that the property must be labeled as a conference center or resort to circumvent the Plat benefits? Is that still in play?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Wasn't it MR that, at least one time, had the rule that the property must be labeled as a conference center or resort to circumvent the Plat benefits? Is that still in play?
AFAIK it's still in effect - ie, resorts & convention center properties 4pm is based on availability (SPG policy is the same). Rest are required to offer it.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.