Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
When they first introduced the benefit, they did it in a very weasel-y manor (which would suggest 12:01 qualified)...but they then clarified & strengthened it IIRC to be "guaranteed 4pm".

Lucky did a good take on it a few months back: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...late-checkout/
But that article still says "the terms are written in a confusing way," as the phrase "as late as" is still included.

Honestly going off of this thread the benefit is being executed better than I would have anticipated based on the still somewhat unclear IMO wording and the lack of any specific punishment for not delivering.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by pivot_chart
Thanks to the MR twitter account, I received a response earlier today from the hotel about my most recent issue with receiving a late checkout. Within the e-mail was a mention that they would be depositing 10k points in my account for the inconvenience.
Did you DM them your MR account number for point deposit?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM, National EE, Avis PC, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, SPG PL
Originally Posted by hiima
Did you DM them your MR account number for point deposit?
In my initial DM to them I included my reservation number. I never provided them my e-mail address so the director that sent me the e-mail had to have pulled up my MR profile to get my e-mail address. I'll be keeping an eye out though to make sure the points get deposited.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never been refused the 4pm at any Marriott in Asia, which is where I do most of my traveling. Recently took a trip to London and Paris and was firmly told that 1pm was the latest possible at both the St. Pancras and the Paris Opera. Guess they have different interpretations of the rule across continents.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME hotels in Asia tend to follow the rules while those in the USA and elsewhere, not so much.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoPhils
But that article still says "the terms are written in a confusing way," as the phrase "as late as" is still included.

Honestly going off of this thread the benefit is being executed better than I would have anticipated based on the still somewhat unclear IMO wording and the lack of any specific punishment for not delivering.
Yes, but his back and forth w/MR at the end seemed to settle the issue:

My correspondence with Marriott

I reached out to Marriott PR to see whether the policy had changed or what was going on (in regards to the above correspondence), and received the following response:

To clarify, Ritz Carlton properties are included in the guaranteed 4pm late check out for Platinum Elite members, when requested upon check-in. It’s in our terms and conditions. We believe that the people corresponding with the guest were quoting the priority late checkout offered for Silver Elite Members which is not guaranteed. We appreciate you reaching out to look into it.

So guaranteed 4PM check-out it supposed to be a benefit for Gold and Platinum members at all non-resort/convention hotels. Ritz-Carlton properties are included under this benefit.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yes, but his back and forth w/MR at the end seemed to settle the issue:

My correspondence with Marriott

I reached out to Marriott PR to see whether the policy had changed or what was going on (in regards to the above correspondence), and received the following response:

To clarify, Ritz Carlton properties are included in the guaranteed 4pm late check out for Platinum Elite members, when requested upon check-in. It’s in our terms and conditions. We believe that the people corresponding with the guest were quoting the priority late checkout offered for Silver Elite Members which is not guaranteed. We appreciate you reaching out to look into it.

So guaranteed 4PM check-out it supposed to be a benefit for Gold and Platinum members at all non-resort/convention hotels. Ritz-Carlton properties are included under this benefit.
It settled what it "should" be, not what it could be in practice (both via MR customer service reps and at hotels). That was also from Marriott PR, not MR who I assume is someone that no regular MR member would talk to.

Heck just look at the conversations referenced. The Marriott PR person tried to blame that on looking at the Silver Priority Late Checkout, even though the reader used the word Platinum several times in each exchange, and was given wrong information both via email and twitter.

Again, judging by this thread at least I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of pushback from hotels. But bottom line, until there is a penalty for not delivering 4PM, then it leaves a gray area where hotels can probably still push back.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoPhils

Well, 3rd time is the charm. I asked again. The same front desk lady who checked me in asked back "how late do you want". I said 2:30 and she said fine. I really don't need 4 but 2:30 will come in handy.

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:27 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Stayed at the EWR Renaissance yesterday after arriving on the redeye from HNL. I used the mobile app to check-in, selecting an arrival time of 4 am (the latest/earliest time allowed) and check-out at 4 pm. The agent checking me in confirmed the late check-out time when I arrived to pick up my key.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Asked for 4pm check-out at the JW Marriott Essex House and it was granted with no problem.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
Madison Courtyard West

Well first of all, this hotel is actually in Middleton.

I rarely need late checkout, but I did need it last week. I asked for it during online checkin.

When I confirmed at the hotel, their response was, "No problem on 4 pm since you're at Platinum."
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Last week I asked for a 2pm checkout at Springhill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport and was told that it was only available for Platinum members. I told her that my understanding was that Gold members got late checkout too. It was a rather awkward moment but she did in the end push through the 2pm for me.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Last week I asked for a 2pm checkout at Springhill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport and was told that it was only available for Platinum members. I told her that my understanding was that Gold members got late checkout too. It was a rather awkward moment but she did in the end push through the 2pm for me.
Don't ya just love the "one-time exceptions" to follow the rules? The sad part is we don't know if it is really the FDC making it up or they were trained wrong. Unfortunately too many people will believe they know the rules better than the guest, but, sadly, that's often not the case. I had congratulate me on reaching Plat and that I must be relieved I don't have to stay so many nights. She was shocked to hear it was 75 nights EACH YEAR! I didn't want to see her reaction to LT requirements.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:49 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I am currently at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest and requested my 4PM late checkout for tomorrow upon check-in.

The agent seemed unsure if they could honour 4PM as "you usually have to call down the morning of departure and usually the latest is 1 or 2PM." I reminded her that 4PM late checkout is guaranteed for Platinum guests and she responded that she was unsure of that but that she would make a note of it and see what she could do.

I wanted to confirm that I was indeed put down for a 4PM late checkout so spoke to the night auditor just now who stated that the previous agent had spoken with a manager who had okayed a one time exception, but that normally you have to call down the morning of departure and they will grant 1PM. I stressed to him again that this is a guaranteed benefit from Marriott and he argued that he had never heard of it, nor had any of the managers, and that there is no late checkout guarantee for the brand.

I printed off a copy of the FAQ Sheet from the Marriott website and handed it to him, but he didn't even read it, instead just rolling his eyes and throwing it on the back desk...

Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Classic example of what the Corporation promises, the Franchisee begrudges. You can bet the entire hotel's personnel had been coached as to handle these requests...

Last edited by joshua362; Nov 2, 2016 at 9:09 am Reason: grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.