Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
I am currently at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest and requested my 4PM late checkout for tomorrow upon check-in.

The agent seemed unsure if they could honour 4PM as "you usually have to call down the morning of departure and usually the latest is 1 or 2PM." I reminded her that 4PM late checkout is guaranteed for Platinum guests and she responded that she was unsure of that but that she would make a note of it and see what she could do.

I wanted to confirm that I was indeed put down for a 4PM late checkout so spoke to the night auditor just now who stated that the previous agent had spoken with a manager who had okayed a one time exception, but that normally you have to call down the morning of departure and they will grant 1PM. I stressed to him again that this is a guaranteed benefit from Marriott and he argued that he had never heard of it, nor had any of the managers, and that there is no late checkout guarantee for the brand.

I printed off a copy of the FAQ Sheet from the Marriott website and handed it to him, but he didn't even read it, instead just rolling his eyes and throwing it on the back desk...

I hope you made note of names and times to report this to MR. If they are going to make promises that the property can deny, then the system needs to change.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I hope you made note of names and times to report this to MR. If they are going to make promises that the property can deny, then the system needs to change.
That's why MR says ". . . as late as 4pm." Pretty easy out for properties as no promise was made other than guaranteed late checkout.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by sig05
That's why MR says ". . . as late as 4pm." Pretty easy out for properties as no promise was made other than guaranteed late checkout.
Although upthread there is evidence that this is not the intent of the benefit!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
Although upthread there is evidence that this is not the intent of the benefit!
That's great.

I've been both denied and granted the benefits of 4pm checkout.

It's very clear that the late checkout benefit is unclear.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:19 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Spoke with the Front Office Supervisor this afternoon upon checkout from the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest.

She was extremely friendly and apologized stating that they are a Convention property so therefore are not obligated to offer a guaranteed 4PM checkout but that they most certainly try to offer it when available and she would follow up with her staff to ensure that they were aware of that.

However, when I looked at the list of Convention properties mentioned earlier in this thread, it does not list this property as being a Convention property
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Spoke with the Front Office Supervisor this afternoon upon checkout from the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest.

She was extremely friendly and apologized stating that they are a Convention property so therefore are not obligated to offer a guaranteed 4PM checkout but that they most certainly try to offer it when available and she would follow up with her staff to ensure that they were aware of that.

However, when I looked at the list of Convention properties mentioned earlier in this thread, it does not list this property as being a Convention property
If you're still there I would bring it up w/ her that the property is not on the list of convention properties & therefore 4pm is required by Marriott. Just having its own conference center (Our 50,000 sq ft Minneapolis Minnesota conference center, with 6 elegantly appointed ballrooms, seats 20 to 600 guests) doesn't make it a convention property.

Minnesota isn't even on this list. http://deals.marriott.com/convention...ch-all-hotels/

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Nov 2, 2016 at 8:15 pm
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Oh no, just because they have a conference room or two does not make them a convention location. Check with MR to confirm they are not classified as such and point that out to the FDM. Just like FDCs making things up to justify the service failure, many FDMs do the same (after all, they most likely were an FDC earlier in their career). If they don't budge then escalate to MR for clarification, is this a bona fide benefit or a marketing ploy.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I am currently at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest and requested my 4PM late checkout for tomorrow upon check-in.

The agent seemed unsure if they could honour 4PM as "you usually have to call down the morning of departure and usually the latest is 1 or 2PM." I reminded her that 4PM late checkout is guaranteed for Platinum guests and she responded that she was unsure of that but that she would make a note of it and see what she could do.

I wanted to confirm that I was indeed put down for a 4PM late checkout so spoke to the night auditor just now who stated that the previous agent had spoken with a manager who had okayed a one time exception, but that normally you have to call down the morning of departure and they will grant 1PM. I stressed to him again that this is a guaranteed benefit from Marriott and he argued that he had never heard of it, nor had any of the managers, and that there is no late checkout guarantee for the brand.

I printed off a copy of the FAQ Sheet from the Marriott website and handed it to him, but he didn't even read it, instead just rolling his eyes and throwing it on the back desk...

Report this to Marriott.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
ABQ residence inn

3 pm checkout
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Washington (DC) Marriott Wardman Park 4:00pm late checkout granted upon check in with out an issue, even though this hotel is included in the link to convention hotels posted earlier. The hotel was completely sold out during this past weekend and into this week as they're hosting at least 3 different conferences simultaneously.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
JW Marriott Hong Kong 400PM, no problem.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
My experience with late checkout-4pm-at Marriott DC Metro Center was mixed.

Did online check in and requested 4pm.

Checked in yesterday. Clerk confirmed 4pm. Great!

For this stay, my wife is at a conference. I was able to work remote. So I joined her. Watched election returns last night. And worked in the room today.

1pm: steady knocking on the door. I am on a conf. call with clients. Door has DND hanging. I ignore until....the door is opened to see if I am there. I muted phone and told housekeeping manager that I had 4pm checkout and DND hanging. She was "just checking for departures" and didn't know I had 4pm. She pointed to her sheet-which said 4pm. ARGH.

PLEASE, DND until after the check out time!!!!!
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Ah, conflicting goals! Housekeeping needs to get a job done while Marriott Corp offers a (too) generous benefit (IMO) for the multitude of Gold & PLTs its minted in the last 10 years.

Assuming this wasn't a one-off obnoxious housekeeper, I can also see how they get burned waiting around until pm if the requirement for late checkout has to be done at check-in. If everyone requests it in advance just to be safe, there is going to be a long list of long departed rooms that need cleaning at 4 pm daily.

Much better policy IMO would be to limit it to PLT's that request by 6pm night before departure. I do see it back firing eventually.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:37 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Marriott Doha -- 11/3 -- asked for 5pm and was no problem.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by joshua362
Ah, conflicting goals! Housekeeping needs to get a job done while Marriott Corp offers a (too) generous benefit (IMO) for the multitude of Gold & PLTs its minted in the last 10 years.

Assuming this wasn't a one-off obnoxious housekeeper, I can also see how they get burned waiting around until pm if the requirement for late checkout has to be done at check-in. If everyone requests it in advance just to be safe, there is going to be a long list of long departed rooms that need cleaning at 4 pm daily.

Much better policy IMO would be to limit it to PLT's that request by 6pm night before departure. I do see it back firing eventually.
I'm sure they were just hoping I was gone. But with DND on door, they just had to wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.