Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've had no problems getting 4pm checkout at European Marriott properties in the past 75 days. The two Swedish Marriott hotels and the two Danish Marriott hotels have given me 4pm checkout without issue, and that's across over a dozen stays. All of the London Marriotts have been good to me too with regard to this.

Yes, I've needed to go back to get my room keys coded for 4pm a few times; and, yes, I've had a few calls on the phone between noon and 4pm; but the Danish, London and Swedish Marriotts have allowed me to check-out at 4pm.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Was offered late checkout upon checking in at Residence Inn Kuwait, didn't need it but they offered basically unlimited late checkout at any time since they were not full. Assume they'd give the 4pm if full because they treat elites very well there.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:41 am

Checked into Marriott Downtown Philadelphia via the app and requested a 4 p.m. late check out. When checking in (early, btw, at about 11:30 a.m.) I was thanked for checking in via the app and that my checkout time was 4 p.m.

It was a one-night stay over New Years (check in 12/31; check out 1/1) so I was extremely pleased by the process and I made sure to tell them as such at check out.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AF-Silver, TK-Gold
Marriott Customer Service Agents: "Subject to Availability"

Stayed at the Triada Palm Springs in December - it's a non-resort property in Palm Springs. When I asked for 4pm late checkout I was told that it was subject to availability - and given 12:30pm instead. I was clear about understanding Marriott's policy to be 4pm guaranteed - and they were clear back that their policy is subject to availability.

Two e-mails to Marriott Customer Service proved that they also are claiming "subject to availability" - see below:
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our cooperate survey.

Late check-outs are guaranteed for all of our Platinum and Gold elite members. However, a late check-out at 4 P.M. is based on availability. I apologize for the misunderstanding and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Safe travels,

Tianna Booker
Marriott Customer Care Shift Supervisor
AND
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care.

The sentence, "Guaranteed late checkout is an enhanced Elite benefit for Gold and Platinum members, offering late checkout guaranteed as late as 4pm." on the Frequently Asked Questions page on the link you provided, means that Gold and Platinum members are guaranteed late check-out. The time-frame is up to the hotel. They can allow late check-out up to 4 PM, but it can also be earlier.

Safe travels,
Janice Cox
Marriott Customer Care
I have some tolerance for individual hotels who don't allow 4pm checkout. But when Customer Service agents at Marriott Corp. articulate the policy as subject to availability, it seems clear that this becomes the effective policy.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Happily off the elite hamster wheel
Successful late check-out at Sanya

On Dec 17-18, 2016 I stayed at the Marriott Sanya Resort. I mentioned how my flight departed around 10pm so I would like to get as late a check-out as possible. They offered 6pm. I am a Gold Elite matched from SPG Gold, and this was my first stay at any Marriott in at least 4 years.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dwiser

I have some tolerance for individual hotels who don't allow 4pm checkout. But when Customer Service agents at Marriott Corp. articulate the policy as subject to availability, it seems clear that this becomes the effective policy.
I would email them both back, remind them that the policy is 4pm except for resorts & convention centers, and that they should check their own policy/manual, as they do a disservice to elite guests when they provide incorrect information.

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dwiser
Stayed at the Triada Palm Springs in December - it's a non-resort property in Palm Springs. When I asked for 4pm late checkout I was told that it was subject to availability - and given 12:30pm instead. I was clear about understanding Marriott's policy to be 4pm guaranteed - and they were clear back that their policy is subject to availability.

Two e-mails to Marriott Customer Service proved that they also are claiming "subject to availability" - see below:
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our cooperate survey.

Late check-outs are guaranteed for all of our Platinum and Gold elite members. However, a late check-out at 4 P.M. is based on availability. I apologize for the misunderstanding and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Safe travels,

Tianna Booker
Marriott Customer Care Shift Supervisor
AND
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care.

The sentence, "Guaranteed late checkout is an enhanced Elite benefit for Gold and Platinum members, offering late checkout guaranteed as late as 4pm." on the Frequently Asked Questions page on the link you provided, means that Gold and Platinum members are guaranteed late check-out. The time-frame is up to the hotel. They can allow late check-out up to 4 PM, but it can also be earlier.

Safe travels,
Janice Cox
Marriott Customer Care
Often CSRs will make up rules to support what the property is saying. That's less work for them if you just go away. Should you run into this again, do escalate with MR. Statements like guaranteed subject to availability says nothing. I'll bet some consultant billed by the word for writing the T&Cs,
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:01 pm

Courtyard Chicago Gurnee

Confirmed 4pm checkout when I arrived today.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I would email them both back, remind them that the policy is 4pm except for resorts & convention centers, and that they should check their own policy/manual, as they do a disservice to elite guests when they provide incorrect information.

Cheers.
The "headline" on the list of benefits says that but when you look at the details it doesn't. Here's what it says:

"Guaranteed Late Checkout: Gold and Platinum members may check out as late as 4 p.m. This benefit is guaranteed at all hotels, except at resort and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club is excluded from this benefit."

I think the "as late as" is what they are claiming for wiggle room.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hotel Nassau Breda, Autograph Collection
Was proactively offered 4pm check out during the check-in proces.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I just received an email inviting me to check in for my stay tomorrow. It states "Priority Late Checkout Find out how late you can sleep in … right when you arrive."

What happened to the guarantee for PPs? Is Marriott backpeddling on their policy? I thought it was 4pm, but this seems to indicate you will find out the time at check in.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
Recently at the Marriott Stanton South Beach we got 4pm without any fuss. The week before at the Springhill Suites Medical Center we were denied even 1pm.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tanic
I just received an email inviting me to check in for my stay tomorrow. It states "Priority Late Checkout Find out how late you can sleep in … right when you arrive."

What happened to the guarantee for PPs? Is Marriott backpeddling on their policy? I thought it was 4pm, but this seems to indicate you will find out the time at check in.
The policy is "as late as 4 PM".
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Tanic

It's just marketing speak/badly worded to sound like worded well. 4pm is the check-out unless it's a resort or convention center property.

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:43 am

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza:
Had requested 4 PM late checkout when doing online checkin.
At arrival, at front desk " I see you have requested 4 PM checkout - no problem, sir."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.