Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Does the LAX Marriott and Ren still use a shared shuttle bus to the airport? Although it was a couple of years ago, I found that to be the case and during rush hours (mainly for AM flights), the shuttle would arrive almost full, leaving some people behind to catch the next one (if it was not already full).
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Shuttle options for LAX Marriott & Renaissance

I'm not the expert since I've never taken any of these shuttles but my colleagues who fly into LAX and are Marriott elites take the Budget shuttle if the joint Marriott/Renaissance shuttle isn't ready - and they frequent both of these properties.

David
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Noticed this on LAX Renaissance website:

The hotel pool and hot tub are currently closed for renovation and will re-open on 7/15/15.

Also noticed this on LAX Marriott website:

Rollaway beds are not permitted in rooms with two double beds
Currently at the Renaissance LAX (Jan 2016). The hot tub is not open (has a fence around it).

Also - I am disappointed in the gym remodel. The shower and sauna have been removed from the locker rooms, and both the male and female locker rooms are nothing more than a toilet room - being compressed into a smaller space. They have added a few more treadmills in the area where the locker rooms were reduced. I have never seen the gym at capacity before - so not sure if the additional equipment was needed.

Maybe there is a health code issue with having a hot tub, but not having any shower - be it in a restroom/locker room or outside shower.

To eliminate a shower facility at an airport hotel is a big reduction. I have used it before when I had a very early arrival or a red eye. This makes the Renaissance no better than a lower budget hotel at LAX.

And they are not providing any type of courtesy suites to offer a shower facility like some hotels do.

The Ren rooms are fairly nice, but now it appears stay on price.

Last edited by cova; Jan 9, 2016 at 9:20 pm
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by keeton
Does the LAX Marriott and Ren still use a shared shuttle bus to the airport? Although it was a couple of years ago, I found that to be the case and during rush hours (mainly for AM flights), the shuttle would arrive almost full, leaving some people behind to catch the next one (if it was not already full).
The Renaissance now shares its shuttle with the Sheraton Four Points next door. I am told you can also use the Six car rental shuttle as well.

I agree the shuttle service at the Ren has been a problem. Almost missed a flight once, when the shuttle ride (itself) took 1 hour from Ren to Terminal 4 with heavy post New Years Sunday traffic in Jan 2015.

Update:

My departure this AM - there were three shuttles when I walked out. 2 for SixT rental car and the other was a contract (luxury van - 11 passengers) I guess was hired by the hotel to supplement the city blue bus that provides the service to Four Points and Renaissance.

You still have to wait a long time for pickup at LAX - I called and was told by the hotel the wait time is 30-40 minutes. Maybe there is a restriction on having to use the city blue bus for pick up, but likely not for return to airport. So at this point there does not appear to be an overcrowded situation with getting back to LAX from the LAX Ren. And they no longer stop at the Crown Plaza on the return.

Last edited by cova; Jan 9, 2016 at 9:19 pm
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
In-Room Electrical Outlets at the Renaissance LAX

Originally Posted by CJKatl
The electrical outlet situation is Flintstone-esque. There are no accessible outlets near the bed. The clock and lamps on the nightstand are plugged in behind the heavy bed, so those cannot be accessed. The lamps do not have plugs. The only easily accessible plugs in the room are in the bathroom and a single plug on the desk lamp.
This was posted in 2014 and I thought I'd post an update.

Based on this post (and thank you for sharing it), I called the front desk after I had checked in on the mobile app and asked for an extension cord for my room. Upon arriving, I was pleased to note that they had not only provided a cord, but had plugged it into the outlet behind the bed and run it to the nightstand. However, it wasn't needed as there was a multi-outlet charging station on the other nightstand. So, it appears the powers that be have addressed this deficiency.

Our room was on the 8th floor facing Airport Blvd (and the northern runways) and we was pleased on the freshness of the furnishings and very impressed with the quality of the sound-proofing. We also lucked out as the Four Points/Ren shuttle arrived just as we got out to the traffic island, which was nice as it was 1 am and we were eager to get to sleep.

Lounge remains closed on weekends, so I took the cert for the continental breakfast in the restaurant which was perfectly fine.

We walked to the LAX Hertz to get our car the next morning; it was about a 5 minute walk.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone been served by a robot bell-hop at the Residence Inn LAX yet?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...207-story.html
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Stayed 2 weekend nights at Marriott LAX. Top floor room appeared to be clean but didn't strike me as "renovated".

Lounge was closed. No offer of breakfast voucher (and did't ask).

Didn't take shuttle, but witnessed pretty long lines couple of times as airline crews were heading out (I thought crew members have their own pick up drop off vehicles?).

Parking on premises costs $40 per day. I always park my car in the multiple level parking structure only 3 minutes walk away (costs $13.99 per 24 hours).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Upcoming overnight layover at LAX and looking to use a Cat 1-5 cert.
Friday night arrive LAX at 8PM and depart Saturday at Noon.
Really just looking for a comfortable place to get some sleep and have a workout the next morning before boarding TPAC.

Looks like 2 properties are in contention based on category and having an airport shuttle: Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo or Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo. Both have availability.

I am leaning toward the Residence Inn as I will be up early on Saturday and would probably want some breakfast nibbles and plenty of coffee.
I don't stay at RIs very much (maybe ever? - cant' recall) due to the lower point earnings, but obviously not a factor on a certificate stay.

Haven't really noticed any recent posts about this on FT and some mixed reviews on other sites. Anyone with experience with this place?

Last edited by goodeats21; Feb 8, 2016 at 7:57 am
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Don't have specific experience with either, but given your parameters I'd go w/ Residence Inn for the reasons you mention.

Cheers.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:32 pm

I just stayed at the RI To burn a certificate. Okay. Nothing amazing. Good shuttle to airport.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Thanks for the review. I will book the RI for my overnight layover.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mikebor
I don't think it is that close to In-N-Out Burger, at least I wouldn't walk it. It's near a Burger King though.
I have walked to the In & Out from the Renaissance and didn't think it was all that far or through a bad area. The Burger King is directly across the street from the Renaissance.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
I have walked to the In & Out from the Renaissance and didn't think it was all that far or through a bad area.
+1.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
LAX Airport Marriott or LAX Renaissance ?

Hello

Wanted to get some second opinions:

Will have a two-week stay in June at LAX for business. No rental car, will walk to a nearby business complex everyday for work.

LAX Airport Marriott (full service) or LAX Renaissance (Marriott brand).

Business Center needed

Thank you !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.