FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:20 pm
cova

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by keeton
Does the LAX Marriott and Ren still use a shared shuttle bus to the airport? Although it was a couple of years ago, I found that to be the case and during rush hours (mainly for AM flights), the shuttle would arrive almost full, leaving some people behind to catch the next one (if it was not already full).
The Renaissance now shares its shuttle with the Sheraton Four Points next door. I am told you can also use the Six car rental shuttle as well.

I agree the shuttle service at the Ren has been a problem. Almost missed a flight once, when the shuttle ride (itself) took 1 hour from Ren to Terminal 4 with heavy post New Years Sunday traffic in Jan 2015.

Update:

My departure this AM - there were three shuttles when I walked out. 2 for SixT rental car and the other was a contract (luxury van - 11 passengers) I guess was hired by the hotel to supplement the city blue bus that provides the service to Four Points and Renaissance.

You still have to wait a long time for pickup at LAX - I called and was told by the hotel the wait time is 30-40 minutes. Maybe there is a restriction on having to use the city blue bus for pick up, but likely not for return to airport. So at this point there does not appear to be an overcrowded situation with getting back to LAX from the LAX Ren. And they no longer stop at the Crown Plaza on the return.

Last edited by cova; Jan 9, 2016 at 9:19 pm