Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And yet the person you quoted was agreeing w/ another person who said it wasn't that bad an area.

Cheers.
It's not. It's just a little dark and very empty. It's not sketchy.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by hiima
It's not. It's just a little dark and very empty. It's not sketchy.
Easy compromise: take the hotel shuttle to LAX Terminal 1, and walk from there.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Heads up that a new LAX area hotel is opening up. Slated to open August, 2016.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ax-el-segundo/

Is starting out as a Cat 5, so another LAX property available for certificate use, including complimentary shuttle transport. ^

I will update the wiki as well.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Heads up that a new LAX area hotel is opening up. Slated to open August, 2016.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ax-el-segundo/

Is starting out as a Cat 5, so another LAX property available for certificate use, including complimentary shuttle transport. ^

I will update the wiki as well.
Thanks for the reminder. It's been mentioned previously, either in this or another thread. Once it opens we can probably create a stand-alone thread re: it. Thanks for updating the wiki.

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the reminder. It's been mentioned previously, either in this or another thread. Once it opens we can probably create a stand-alone thread re: it. Thanks for updating the wiki.

Cheers.
There's already a standalone thread for the Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo at 525 North Sepulveda Boulevard, El Segundo, CA:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...uites-lax.html

There's also an Aloft at the same site. (It was once a single hotel.) Once Marriott and Starwood are fully combined, Aloft-branded hotels will be part of the Marriott family.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by billpritjr
Hello

Wanted to get some second opinions:

Will have a two-week stay in June at LAX for business. No rental car, will walk to a nearby business complex everyday for work.

LAX Airport Marriott (full service) or LAX Renaissance (Marriott brand).

Business Center needed

Thank you !
Renaissance best executive level plus nice executive suites and Burger King across street 😀
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Lani1
Renaissance best executive level plus nice executive suites and Burger King across street 😀
Renaissance is also a bit closer walk up to Randy's Donuts. It's about 30 minutes - a perfect evening constitutional.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Marriott LAX Renovations

Just wanted to let people know that the Marriott at LAX is undergoing a complete extensive renovation over the next year. Right now the top 4 floors are closed off, including the Club Lounge. Breakfast is offered for Elites in the Steakhouse and was given a $10 coupon at check in for food. I only stayed 1 night so not sure if the coupon is given every night. Supposedly the rooms are being gutted.

I asked the agent at check out and she said an M Lounge will open the end of February and construction will continue thru September including the lobby. Did not hear any noise, but I was placed in one of the rooms overlooking the pool, instead of the tower where the work is being done.

As I was finishing packing I noticed water spurting out from the bathroom ceiling. I would probably pick another hotel in the area for the next few months.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:56 am

Thanks for the heads up. Was the $10 coupon the Plat arrival gift (ie, 500 points or $10FB coupon) or a separate $10 coupon to make up for evening apps?

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The $10 coupon was a separate coupon to make up for the closure of the lounge, but I do not know if it is one time per stay or per night. I was still offered the bonus points or $10 food and beverage credit as Platinum Arrival benefit.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
[QUOTE=macabus;25923086]Need to overnight at LAX before a flight to NRT.

I'm Gold elite, so which would you recommend – the Marriott or Renaissance?

Arrive LAX at 8:15pm on Friday and leave the next day at noon. I'm flying out on JL in F, so will have access to the Qantas F lounge at TBIT for breakfast. It would be nice to be able to have an early morning snack in the hotel though...

Which hotel has the most timely shuttle? Best chance for a suite upgrade? Lounge quality? Breakfast options?

Thanks,
M[/QUOT

Easy, renaissance 10 out of 10 times
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:08 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
[QUOTE=Lani1;27628039]
Originally Posted by macabus
Easy, renaissance 10 out of 10 times
I don't love the Ren but I certainly prefer it to the Marriott. One nice thing about the Ren is that it's only a long block from Hertz, so very convenient if you come in late and need to pick up a Hertz car in the morning.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LAX Marriott

Stay Report - 8/26 - 8/27

Location: The hotel is located on Century Blvd between Sepulveda and the I-405 which puts it near a lot of other airport hotels including the Renaissance, Hyatt Regency, Westin etc. There's not too much else around the hotel on Century though over on Sepulveda are a number of places to eat including the famous LAX In-N-Out a mere mile away.

Hotel: The hotel is several decades old but is currently undergoing renovations. The lobby has recently been redesigned and is quite nice. A new sports bar is planned but isn't supposed to open until later this year. There's still another restaurant open though. The lounge is now an MClub Lounge on the 18th floor as opposed to the former lounge on 16. The pool area is still gorgeous.

Check In: A little bit of a mixed experience. The agent didn't know whether our room was an airport view and had to ask. Still, as a Gold we ended up on a high floor with MClub Lounge access so it all worked out.

Room: Very, very nice. A massive improvement over what used to be here. Smart TV, comfortable furniture, large bathroom with excellent shower and good Wifi. Excellent all around.

Lounge: Open 24 hours. We went up at 10:30 and there was a bartender on duty and another employee helping serve people. The space is lovely and large with airport views and there were a number of snacks out. Breakfast starts here at 6:30 AM but i didn't partake.

The hotel works well for LAX, though do note that the shuttle doesn't run on a set schedule. We were told it ran every 15-20 minutes and just be in the lobby 30 minutes before we wanted to be at the airport.

Last edited by CMK10; Aug 28, 2017 at 10:31 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:33 am

Thanks for the update w/ pictures. Much appreciated. And yeah, a vast improvement over what it used to be/my last stay!

Cheers.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Was there a pocket (sliding) door to the bathroom?

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.