Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by VA1379
The Avis rental location is across the street from the Renaissance LAX. I'm not sure if the pedestrian entrance is easy to walk to from the hotel. The Hertz rental location is about half a mile south on Airport Blvd. I tried to walk back to the Renaissance after dropping my car off, but I found the pedestrian entrance to be a hassle, so I ended up getting dropped off by a Hertz employee in a van. Worst case, you can ask Avis to pick you up at the hotel.
Hertz is 1/2 mile NORTH of the Renaissance. Same side of the street. There is no real pedestrian entrance...it's just the same (pedestrian) entrance/exit as car rental return. It's no problem walking in or out...I've done it many times.

Technically, Budget Rent a car is across the street from the Renaissance. Avis is more like catty corner. Dollar is around the corner from Hertz, too.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rwethereyet850
The Renaissance worked well for me...take the rental car bus across the street to get from/to LAX (quicker than hotel shuttle)
To be clear, you'd have to enter either the Budget or Avis lot to take a shuttle. Los Angeles doesn't have a unified car rental shuttle. Each car rental firm has their own. They won't pick you up on Airport Blvd..
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
is the Residence Inn pretty typical of that style? they've got the best setup for us (2 couples, free breakfast, 1030pm arrival, rental car next day and checkout)
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Trying to book (way in advance) the Residence Inn El Segundo for 8/1-8/3 next year - is it too early? I ask because there's no availability for the Saturday night and no award availability either.....and this seems strange this far out (and I've been looking since the booking dates became available). Is there a history of some Marriott family hotels loading availability later than others?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Stripy
Is there a history of some Marriott family hotels loading availability later than others?
Yes. Just keep checking. You could call the property directly & ask when they're going to load inventory; sometimes they forget!

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:16 pm

We're a family of 3 laying over in LAX in March and I've booked the Residence Inn El Segundo with a cat 1-5 cert. We're scheduled to arrive 10pm local time, and then fly off at noon the next day, so I wanted a hotel with a 1 bedroom suite and shuttle service to/from the airport at the cert level. We're gold, but would rather book the 1 bedroom than chance an upgrade at a closer hotel.

Any thoughts on the shuttle service / time it takes to get there? We overheard some flight attendants talking about the time it takes to get to their hotel and the taxi cost, and I just wondered if maybe they were talking about some further out hotels...
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by joeags
We're a family of 3 laying over in LAX in March and I've booked the Residence Inn El Segundo with a cat 1-5 cert. We're scheduled to arrive 10pm local time, and then fly off at noon the next day, so I wanted a hotel with a 1 bedroom suite and shuttle service to/from the airport at the cert level. We're gold, but would rather book the 1 bedroom than chance an upgrade at a closer hotel.

Any thoughts on the shuttle service / time it takes to get there? We overheard some flight attendants talking about the time it takes to get to their hotel and the taxi cost, and I just wondered if maybe they were talking about some further out hotels...
if you have to take a cab, its a cheap fare
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
if you have to take a cab, its a cheap fare
True, but there's now a minimum charge ($15?) exiting LAX that started several years ago. It was implemented because some folk, rather than waiting for hotel shuttles to Century Blvd hotel properties, jumped into a cab & the fares were $4-6 & the cabs had to wait a long time to get fares, so they complained/lobbied. So it's now either whatever the fare is above $15 (for example, north end of Manhattan Beach was about $18) or $15 minimum.

Once you get your shuttle to the RI-ElS, it should only be 5-10min tops from LAX. Pilots & FAs sometimes either get put up in Redondo Bch or downtown, both of which take longer. The hotel will be able to tell you the shuttle schedule.

Cheers.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
True, but there's now a minimum charge ($15?) exiting LAX that started several years ago. It was implemented because some folk, rather than waiting for hotel shuttles to Century Blvd hotel properties, jumped into a cab & the fares were $4-6 & the cabs had to wait a long time to get fares, so they complained/lobbied. So it's now either whatever the fare is above $15 (for example, north end of Manhattan Beach was about $18) or $15 minimum.

Once you get your shuttle to the RI-ElS, it should only be 5-10min tops from LAX. Pilots & FAs sometimes either get put up in Redondo Bch or downtown, both of which take longer. The hotel will be able to tell you the shuttle schedule.

Cheers.
Thanks, I was thinking FAs might be in certain hotels, but we were a bit shocked when they mentioned $50 each way taxi fares!!! And definitely thanks for the little word about the shuttle schedule - we have never utilized this before, and didn't know how it worked - whether you called the hotel to set it up or if it was a set schedule or....
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:56 am

Thanks, I was thinking FAs might be in certain hotels, but we were a bit shocked when they mentioned $50 each way taxi fares!!! And definitely thanks for the little word about the shuttle schedule - we have never utilized this before, and didn't know how it worked - whether you called the hotel to set it up or if it was a set schedule or....
If FAs are talking $50 taxi fares, then the airline is putting them up in downtown LA & not near the airport.

Usually hotel shuttles run on a schedule. Some on the 1/2 hour, some every 15 or 20 minutes. Start time in the early morning & end time in the evenings will vary by hotel, plus time frames might be different then. Some hotels tell you to call them when you have your baggage & they'll send a shuttle by. Others, because of the regularly scheduled shuttle runs, will just have you go outside to the hotel shuttle curb & look for their shuttle. If you want to know specifically how RI-ElS does it & the hours the shuttle runs, just call (or have Marriott res line call) the hotel & ask, mentioning your arrival & departure times.

Once you are on the shuttle, it's only a 5-10 min drive to RI-ElS.

Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum

Ask for a west-facing room in the west wing of the hotel. There's an overhead rail train that runs near the north and east side of the property, you want to avoid that noise. It's not frequent, but annoying loud and squeaky.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem

Cheers.
Slight correction: that in addition to the $15 minimum, there is a $4 "surcharge" for trips leaving LAX, so the minimum fare is effectively $19.

The $50 fares are almost certainly going downtown, as most, if not all cab companies charge a flat rate of about $50 LAX-downtown (Yellow cab is exactly $50 I believe). I've frequently seen airline flight crews from non-US airlines checking into the Westin Bonaventure downtown
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:06 pm

I understand that the Ren LAX club lounge is closed during the weekends. When I check the hotel website, it says the club lounge is open Sun-Thur. Is this true? It just seems odd.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:14 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Talking

OPEN Sunday evening to Friday noon is the usual for Marriott hotel!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If FAs are talking $50 taxi fares, then the airline is putting them up in downtown LA & not near the airport.
I know Continental's contract, which I believe was matched when they merged, specified that FA's stay at downtown hotels, NOT airport hotels. My aunt has flown for them since the 70's and we have met up with her on many trips and she's always in nicish hotels downtown, like on HK Island in HK, in London proper, not by Heathrow, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.