Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by R&R
skyad, with waiting times for shuttles, I will bet it will take some LUCK to do a shuttle run in less then a hour, even if it is 0.9 mile.
So how much difference is there in the 1 day rates to use a Alamo rental

Don't forget there is a costly parking fee at the REN.
Your post doesn't really make much sense.

* Regardless of which car rental service people use, everyone has to wait to get their car rental shuttle, so there's not a huge time difference between the various firms - aka, it's a bit of a wash or not a huge difference in time.

Actually, the only cardinal rule is whatever car rental firm you've chosen, the other ones' shuttles will come more often - & that's true even if you use the main ones.

* What does shuttle waiting time have to do w/ cost of car rental? Not a logical correlation.

* There's a parking fee at BOTH the Ren & the Marriott, so that's also a wash. However, some FTers have reported finding street parking near the Ren. I've always just parked at the hotel because it's the easiest.

Of course, depending on one's schedule - ie, (car is only needed one day even if the stay encompasses more than one night), it might be easier to pick up/drop off the car rather than do the hotel parking fee (regardless if Marriott or Ren). I've done that in the past as well.

* njcommodore chose Alamo because it fit his needs, corporate/personal budget, etc. While I'm sure he appreciates you thinking he's made the wrong choice, it's his choice to make .

On a dif note - I've stayed at the Ren & missed seeing the 380 land - probably because I was surfing FT

Cheers.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
to avoid the shuttle dance, does anyone know if it's easy to get a cab from the Ren? Do any minimums apply? I think I remember reading about minimum fares or surcharges at the airport. Thanks again everyone for the input!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by njcommodore
to avoid the shuttle dance, does anyone know if it's easy to get a cab from the Ren? Do any minimums apply? I think I remember reading about minimum fares or surcharges at the airport. Thanks again everyone for the input!
The city implemented a few years ago a $15min fare. This was to prevent folk from hopping into a cab & then only going 1-2miles to their hotel, after the cab drivers had been queuing for a few hours. They'll turn the meter on when you pick up at the airport, but if your destination is less than $15, the fare will still be $15.

Cheers.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The city implemented a few years ago a $15min fare. This was to prevent folk from hopping into a cab & then only going 1-2miles to their hotel, after the cab drivers had been queuing for a few hours. They'll turn the meter on when you pick up at the airport, but if your destination is less than $15, the fare will still be $15.

Cheers.
Is that also the case for pickups at local hotels?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:28 am

Is that also the case for pickups at local hotels?
No idea. I've never taken a cab from a hotel on 'hotel row' back to the airport, as I normally catch the hotel shuttle to/from the airport, or if I have a rental car I've had them drop me off near the Ren/Marriott vs. going all the way back to the airport.

They might have some rule in place for reverse for the airport hotels. But if not, you're still going to have one pissed off cab driver. You have to remember - these guys can wait quite a while at both airport or hotels, so getting a $3-5 fare does impact their livelihood.

But depending on how you do this, you don't really have to do a lot of 'shuttle shuffle'. PM if you want to discuss it further. Would rather not take the thread too far off the actual topic.

Cheers.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:13 pm

I have a reservation at the Ren for this Friday. Looking at my reservation, the following message shows up in reference to the shuttle:

Please Note – Our free airport shuttle has been enhanced. Take the blue bus for the Renaissance Los Angeles/LAX Crowne Plaza Hotel.

So a stop to the CP is in the cards.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:52 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Your post doesn't really make much sense.

* Regardless of which car rental service people use, everyone has to wait to get their car rental shuttle, so there's not a huge time difference between the various firms - aka, it's a bit of a wash or not a huge difference in time.

Actually, the only cardinal rule is whatever car rental firm you've chosen, the other ones' shuttles will come more often - & that's true even if you use the main ones.

* What does shuttle waiting time have to do w/ cost of car rental? Not a logical correlation.

* There's a parking fee at BOTH the Ren & the Marriott, so that's also a wash. However, some FTers have reported finding street parking near the Ren. I've always just parked at the hotel because it's the easiest.

Of course, depending on one's schedule - ie, (car is only needed one day even if the stay encompasses more than one night), it might be easier to pick up/drop off the car rather than do the hotel parking fee (regardless if Marriott or Ren). I've done that in the past as well.

* njcommodore chose Alamo because it fit his needs, corporate/personal budget, etc. While I'm sure he appreciates you thinking he's made the wrong choice, it's his choice to make .

On a dif note - I've stayed at the Ren & missed seeing the 380 land - probably because I was surfing FT

Cheers.
Sorry to say, I was NOT trying to make anyone 'wrong'.
Just clarifying possible alternatives.
Neither of us has any idea why Alamo is the choice.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by R&R
Neither of us has any idea why Alamo is the choice.
Cost. Now everyone knows.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:24 pm

hi
Does anyone know if the renaissance (more specifically bathrooms) are actually renovated, the rooms looked quite dull but maybe thats just me...

thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by unitedswamp
hi
Does anyone know if the renaissance (more specifically bathrooms) are actually renovated, the rooms looked quite dull but maybe thats just me...

thanks!
If you think the Ren rooms look quite dull, then run away from the Marriott which is definitely old & tired

My guess is the Ren bathrooms are renovated - I think I remember the granite tops in them. They can't do much about the size. Ren has Aveda toiletries.

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
hi

thanks!
I stayed at the LAX Ren a few weeks ago and the bathroom countertop, spigot, sink, sink base, etc. had all been completely replaced and updated. I thought it was a nice improvement over the previous setup that had been in place for several years.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I stayed at the LAX Ren a few weeks ago and the bathroom countertop, spigot, sink, sink base, etc. had all been completely replaced and updated. I thought it was a nice improvement over the previous setup that had been in place for several years.
Ok thanks

Are any executive concierge lounges better than the others? Like newer or bigger?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Ok thanks

Are any executive concierge lounges better than the others? Like newer or bigger?
I don't know about newer or bigger, but the CL at the Ren LAX has always been one of the best in the US IMO.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I don't know about newer or bigger, but the CL at the Ren LAX has always been one of the best in the US IMO.
Two floors (computer downstairs, food/drinks/tables upstairs). Great views of the runway. I liked it a lot. ^

As an aside, I was very happy at the Ren. Good upgrades, street parking and best of all 2 plat checkin gift comps (no offer of a gift on two consecutive checkins).
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:03 am

Two floors (computer downstairs, food/drinks/tables upstairs). Great views of the runway. I liked it a lot. ^

As an aside, I was very happy at the Ren. Good upgrades, street parking and best of all 2 plat checkin gift comps (no offer of a gift on two consecutive checkins).

Ok thanks, Has anyone got recent pics of the lounge/rooms/hotel or anything please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.