Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Its a courtyard nuff said
for a weeknight stay, I highly recommend the Renaissance
for a weekend, it doesn't matter
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by dudleydog
Looking at the century courtyard right by the airport.
How many nights? Early departure the next day?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
I have done this option once. Arrived at 8:00 pm...walked over from Terminal 7....up at 6:00 am...walked back to Terminal 7 and got on an 8:00 am flight.

When I arrived, they had a little happy hour going in the lobby, offered a limited food menu as well. If you are just there overnight to sleep and maybe grab a few snacks, this is a good option for you.

Last edited by goingbananas; Jan 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:50 pm

If you want a good & fast breakfast walk over to Embassy Suites & tip the cook well........
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It helps when you're asking for input if you could provide a bit more info - ie, do you have a budget, what's your arrival/departure time, is an exec lounge important, is it a weekday or weekend, etc? Makes it easier to provide more accurate input when details are provided.

Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:08 pm

The Renaissance worked well for me...take the rental car bus across the street to get from/to LAX (quicker than hotel shuttle)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
QUick update on Renaissance LAX

LAX Ren is renovating. New paint/wallpaper in halls, slightly revised lobby, new bathrooms. I like it, though the blue wallpaper in the 11th floor elevator lobby is almost "psycho" at first glance.

The new bathrooms are nice - new counter, sink, faucets, paint. Gone are the towel racks, replaced by "cubbies" under the sink counter.

In the lobby, the old concierge desk is gone, the concierge position is at the left end of the check-in counter.

^ on the renos.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
That's great to hear! I've been pretty happy with the property the few times I've stayed there, thought the floors above the lobby did seem rather dated and not quite up to to what I'd expect from a Renaissance property.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Good news for one of my favorite properties for business trips.

I always thought that the sinks and faucets left a lot to be desired so happy to hear the bathrooms are being re-done.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Thanks for the heads up....I will stay at the Marriott-LAX next week until they are done.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:33 pm

OK this is entirely UNSCIENTIFIC... but IMHO the shuttle to and from the Ren is better then the one to and from the Marriott so I have transferred there I know the airport runs both of them, but the Marriott always took me 20 to 30 minutes and so far the Ren is averaging more like 10 minutes of waiting to catch.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:25 am

Thanks for the heads up re: Ren renovations. I normally stay at the Ren (and a dif FTer is tonight), but I managed to get a better rate at the Marriott. Since I'm checking in at night & have to be on the 4:45am shuttle, I opted to go for less expensive rate.

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:38 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
The Ren was converted from another chain.
The Marriott got pretty expensive, but the recession/depression must have lowered their prices.
THe lounge at the Ren was one of the best until the last renovation some years ago.
Breakfast was still good, but evening offerings were more like appetizers.
Don't have any idea what is being offered most recently.
Can't understand how it can operate without some elevator service?
Watching the planes land from the Northwest facing rooms is good for a look or two. The A380 were not flying when I last stayed there.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by R&R
Can't understand how it can operate without some elevator service?
That sounded like a glitch - not a 24/7/365 situation.

Cheers.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:46 am

Had a 1-night stay on 3/31 at LAX Marriott. Arrived at 8:30pm; departed 5:15am.

Was surprised at how busy check-in was at 8:30pm. 2 flight crews plus quite a few people in the elite line, so I actually went to the non-elite line to check in.

They asked what I wanted for arrival gift - said I'd probably take food offerings this time. One of the staff made a crack about how some weren't any great shakes, but I said I was a bit hungry, so cheese/crackers/wine should be ok.

Turns out the cheese was 1/2 round of brie (not even a full one) slapped onto a plate. Sealed box of Carr's crackers, & 1/2 bottle of Meridien Merlot. Let's just say no effort was spent on presentation. Strangly enough, it actually came w/ a red wine glass vs. some generic one. I figured given the lack of presentation it would be a tiny generic glass.

Room originally assigned was on exec level, but I said hey, any chance you have a junior suite available? I'm only here one night. Normally I don't care, especially on such a short trip, but asked just for the heck of it. So she switched room to a junior suite. But it wasn't like they provided it w/o asking.

The shuttle was there when I exited the hotel entrance. It made one stop at the Courtyard LAX (not Ren), so not sure if they've got 2 routes: Marriott/CY/LAX and Marriott/Ren/LAX.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.