Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by unitedswamp
Ok thanks, Has anyone got recent pics of the lounge/rooms/hotel or anything please?
With all due respect, the hotel website has multiple pictures of the property - including 360 views of the lobby, guest room, concierge lounge, & restaurant. What more could you possibly want?

If you didn't see them, click on the property's website, then photo gallery. And it will bring up pics of exterior, lobby, room, suite, restaurant, fitness center, pool, concierge lounge.

PS - Welcome to Flyertalk!

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
With all due respect, the hotel website has multiple pictures of the property - including 360 views of the lobby, guest room, concierge lounge, & restaurant. What more could you possibly want?

If you didn't see them, click on the property's website, then photo gallery. And it will bring up pics of exterior, lobby, room, suite, restaurant, fitness center, pool, concierge lounge.

PS - Welcome to Flyertalk!

Cheers.

very true , just thought there may be some different ones from after the 'renovation'

is the general consensus that the renaissance is better for plats/overall than the marriott? Can get them for near enough the same price anyway^
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:28 am

very true , just thought there may be some different ones from after the 'renovation'

is the general consensus that the renaissance is better for plats/overall than the marriott? Can get them for near enough the same price anyway^
Presumably the hotel would put the post-renovation pics on its website. No need to have old photos

Yes, re: Ren better than Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP

They're within walking distance of each other. If you are staying a few nights and want to hop it's easy. If you have a car I would recommend the REN because of the availability of street parking. I heard upgrades were better at the Ren (which I got) but can't speak to the Marriott. You definitely won't be disappointed at the Ren.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Stayed at the Marriott the other night. Upgraded to a suite, the service overall was just perfect. The lobby was a beehive at 11pm at night. Suggest getting to shuttle a little early as it left full and people were still walking out.

Btw, bar melody on sepulveda is a cool place to get a drink, and within easy walking distance.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:59 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Smile Aveda products at the LAX Ren!

WOW! That is GQQD to hear.
They have become my go- to products along with Kiehle's after a long lifetime search for effective non-toxic hair products, that don't cause flaking or hair dust, while relieving itching dry scalp!

Have always preferred the Ren at LAX over many years.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:57 pm

Smile upgrades?- renaissance lax

hi

i have a stay next week and wondered what the upgrades were like as a platinum at renaissance lax?

Some posters saying they are better about them than the marriott

thankss!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
since upgrades are based upon availability, depends on such availability at checkin (past posters comments can't predict the future)........

you should get a Conceirge message a week before arrival so respond and request what you want...........

Originally Posted by smithyr4
hi

i have a stay next week and wondered what the upgrades were like as a platinum at renaissance lax?

Some posters saying they are better about them than the marriott

thankss!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
since upgrades are based upon availability, depends on such availability at checkin (past posters comments can't predict the future)........

you should get a Conceirge message a week before arrival so respond and request what you want...........

thanks but since previous posters mentioned having better luck with upgrades here I just wondered what rooms I may be able to be upgraded too.

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by smithyr4
thanks but since previous posters mentioned having better luck with upgrades here I just wondered what rooms I may be able to be upgraded too.

Thanks for your help.
Exec level or jr. suite. I'm Plat & have gotten upgraded to jr. suite but never a full suite. The jr. suite was fine. As mentioned, it depends on availability - ie, how full the hotel is booked and how long your stay is (if you're there multiple days, the chance of something beyond exec level is slim).

Cheers.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I've stayed at both the Marriott and Renaissance LAX and have mixed feelings on both. The Renaissance is much better about upgrades as I've received them 50% of the time as a Platinum. I have never been upgraded even to a jr suite at the Marriott. I think the lounge is better at the Marriott since they have multiple hot items like scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, etc. Renaissance is lacking in this dept. The other day the only had eggs, fruit and oatmeal available.

The deal breaker for me is on weekends Renaissance does not offer free breakfast in their restaurant. On my most recent Marriott weekend stay they gave me a free coupon for breakfast in the restaurant and the staff even told me it was better than the lounge. I didn't even have to ask for it.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by volkswankin
The deal breaker for me is on weekends Renaissance does not offer free breakfast in their restaurant. On my most recent Marriott weekend stay they gave me a free coupon for breakfast in the restaurant and the staff even told me it was better than the lounge. I didn't even have to ask for it.
I'll update the exec lounge sticky re: Marriott still offering brekkie coupons on the weekend. They didn't offer me one when I was there end of March, but I might have mentioned that I had a 6am flight so I wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'll update the exec lounge sticky re: Marriott still offering brekkie coupons on the weekend. They didn't offer me one when I was there end of March, but I might have mentioned that I had a 6am flight so I wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

Cheers.
The associate at the elite check in desk did ask me if I planned to have breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. I knew what she was hinting at so I said yes and she handed me the coupon.

I should add that the text on the coupon says "Elite Breakfast," and she had a huge stack of them, so I'm sure it must be a standard policy.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 2:08 pm

I stayed at the Marriott last night - second stay in the row when I get a oversize corner room, i.e. Junior Suite without asking. I checked in at the elite desk and I was given a voucher for breakfast for Saturday morning. I had to give it back since I had a 6:20 am flight this morning, but good to know for future reference.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
LAX Marriott properties

My family (myself wife, 2 kids (4yr and 23mo) are flying from ORD to OGG with a one night stopover in LA. Anyone have any recommendations on which marriott property (Cat 1-5) to stay at near the airport? I have a megabonus cert to use.
We get to LA around 3p and have a flight out around 10a the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.