Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Have you considered the Residence Inn El Segundo? Stayed there earlier this year and parking was $13/nte. The room was half the price of the RI in the Marina. The latter is good but costs have escalated to a silly level and parking is a ridiculous price.

From the El Segundo property there’s a surface road that’s very quick to the car rental returns. I use National but the other places are nearby. I think it was 10 min to get to National. Of course, the shuttle to the terminal is a whole other thing. It’s easy to get to other places from El Segundo and possible to avoid Sepulveda (traffic).

It’s a large RI and seems to be well kept. Outdoor facilities and pool. Two buildings and the one where the office/front desk is located are definitely quieter. The train is across the road. The usual kind of breakfast.

Not sure what time your flight is but concur with others about allowing lots of time. If you don’t have airline status and/or you are in a higher number terminal, add more time.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by YariGuy
The Renaissance is within walking distance of the car rental places. So last time I dropped off luggage at the hotel, returned my rental car, and walked back to the hotel. It has a nice lounge (for the USA) and a free shuttle to LAX, so no stress in the morning.
I have done this a number of times. By returning the car the night before, it greatly reduces the stress in the morning. Plus, the hotel shuttle is always less crowded than the car rental shuttle.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Have you considered the Residence Inn El Segundo? Stayed there earlier this year and parking was $13/nte. The room was half the price of the RI in the Marina. The latter is good but costs have escalated to a silly level and parking is a ridiculous price.

From the El Segundo property there’s a surface road that’s very quick to the car rental returns. I use National but the other places are nearby. I think it was 10 min to get to National. Of course, the shuttle to the terminal is a whole other thing. It’s easy to get to other places from El Segundo and possible to avoid Sepulveda (traffic).

It’s a large RI and seems to be well kept. Outdoor facilities and pool. Two buildings and the one where the office/front desk is located are definitely quieter. The train is across the road. The usual kind of breakfast.

Not sure what time your flight is but concur with others about allowing lots of time. If you don’t have airline status and/or you are in a higher number terminal, add more time.
You mean, 2135 East El Segundo Blvd. El Segundo, California, USA, 90245?
Parking shows $17 with redemption at 37k/night!
https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi?

My flight is 10ish on a Friday. Believe do not have status with Airline but with Marriott.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by bosman
I have done this a number of times. By returning the car the night before, it greatly reduces the stress in the morning. Plus, the hotel shuttle is always less crowded than the car rental shuttle.
Unfortunately Marriott in 4.7 from the rental car location does not have a shuttle service!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by sciconf
You mean, 2135 East El Segundo Blvd. El Segundo, California, USA, 90245?
Parking shows $17 with redemption at 37k/night!
https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi?

My flight is 10ish on a Friday. Believe do not have status with Airline but with Marriott.
That’s the property. Sounds like parking has gone up some. My stay was paid not points. I had a AAA rate which also helped. I had been using the RI in the Marina since it opened but this was more convenient and much much cheaper.

If you decide on one of the hotel’s opposite the Budget lot, check the property out on Trip Advisor. I used to stay around there but switched. Many complaints ranging from safety concerns to bugs and noise.

Using the back road to the car return was about 10 min. Maybe 15. The airport shuttle takes more time because of all the construction. Most of these car returns at LAX do a “roving” return and it’s very quick unless you have a problem/issue and need to go into the office.

A Friday morning is likely to be very busy. If you don’t have airline status, a low terminal number, or priority for check in, add extra time. Best to do online check in the day before so you only have bags to drop. If no bags, you could go right to security.

Given that you will want to be at check in by 8 am at the latest (for a 10 am flight) you will need to leave for the airport even earlier and traffic ought not to have built up a great deal. Perhaps someone in the LA area would know more about that. Of course,I’ve seen traffic chaos in the Sepulveda tunnel at 1 am. It’s LA…..
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just completed a stay at the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach/LAX. It'll suffice for very short stays, but yikes. Breakfast is gross and the rooms are old and very dark. Parking is a ridiculous $23 p/nt. They are a very particular property too - handing me a sheet of rules at check in with yellow highlights all over it. On the plus side the gym is nice and usable, and you can walk into Manhattan Beach for lunch/dinner. There is also a Whole Foods in El Segundo nearby. But I'd be hard pressed to stay there again unless I had a reason to (such as wanting to be closer to MB).
Old Dec 7, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Just completed a stay at the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach/LAX. It'll suffice for very short stays, but yikes. Breakfast is gross and the rooms are old and very dark. Parking is a ridiculous $23 p/nt. They are a very particular property too - handing me a sheet of rules at check in with yellow highlights all over it. On the plus side the gym is nice and usable, and you can walk into Manhattan Beach for lunch/dinner. There is also a Whole Foods in El Segundo nearby. But I'd be hard pressed to stay there again unless I had a reason to (such as wanting to be closer to MB).
Yup, this place is really worn and dark! I used it when I came to MB for house hunting and now that I live here I kind of chuckle when I go by it. We tend to have out of town guests stay at the Westdrift but admittedly all the properties nearby have some downsides and are recently getting much more expensive.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Lax Westin or Renaissance or Marriott

I am a platinum member and need a hotel in the area for a dinner meeting. Will jave free tim before and the next day. Any of the options have better lounges or recreational opportunities?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:46 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by holocker
I am a platinum member and need a hotel in the area for a dinner meeting. Will jave free tim before and the next day. Any of the options have better lounges or recreational opportunities?
I think the M-Club at the LAX Marriott has the best lounge for airplane viewing if you are into that.
YYZTHF likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by rtpflyer
I think the M-Club at the LAX Marriott has the best lounge for airplane viewing if you are into that.
+1 the view always helps me to come over my jet lag when coming for breakfast at 530am

The bar staff is also great in the evenings but as far as I am aware since Covid they are closed Fridays to Sundays (which is a shame, the place was buzzing on Friday nights). The sports bar in the lobby is also one of the better ones I've seen.

Compared to the Marriott I find the Renaissance overly boring.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Duck1981
The bar staff is also great in the evenings but as far as I am aware since Covid they are closed Fridays to Sundays (which is a shame, the place was buzzing on Friday nights).
I was recently there for the weekend following Thanksgiving and did not realize the weekend closure was a regular thing as opposed to a holiday thing.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Any recent stays at the Aloft? Does anyone remember if their pool is heated enough to use it for swimming in late December/early January?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Just completed stays at both Westin LAX and Marriott LAX and overall I prefer the Westin. With the renovation, the rooms are way more spacious and clean than Marriott. The Marriott rooms feel very cramped and in some cases feels like the bathroom is bigger than the sleeping area. The pool and lounge beats at the Marriott is 10x better than Westin though. I don't know if the Westin lounge is permanent or just temporary but it feels like it was just a meeting room slap together. The Westin does have a nice thai place next door if you don't like hotel restaurants.

Also, TIL that the rental car center has a dedicated shuttle that drops people off at the hotel (don't think it goes the other way though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.