Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Marriott-family hotels near LAX

Anyone stay at the Manhattan Beach Marriott? What your thoughts, other than the $21 per day for parking?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Anyone stay at the Manhattan Beach Marriott? What your thoughts, other than the $21 per day for parking?
It's been a while. It's a decent Marriott - couple miles from downtown Manhattan Beach, which has the pier, shops, bars, restaurants. There is no shuttle to/from the airport. Overlooks a golf course. Lot of restaurants in the area (walking distance if you decide not to go to downtown MB), movie theater, Bristol Farms grocery store if you want to pick something up for your room, not far to get to the freeways to get around LA. There isn't overnight street parking nearby, so you're a bit stuck w/ the parking fee.

Cheers.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the insight.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's been a while. It's a decent Marriott - couple miles from downtown Manhattan Beach, which has the pier, shops, bars, restaurants. There is no shuttle to/from the airport. Overlooks a golf course. Lot of restaurants in the area (walking distance if you decide not to go to downtown MB), movie theater, Bristol Farms grocery store if you want to pick something up for your room, not far to get to the freeways to get around LA. There isn't overnight street parking nearby, so you're a bit stuck w/ the parking fee.

Cheers.
Stayed there a few weeks ago. The bathrooms were completely remodeled and are shower only in the king rooms. Overall it is a meh property for the prices they charge. Even our corporate rate (which is very good at most places) is near $200 per night.

Great location though.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
New Residence Inn LAX coming

A conversion of a current high rise office building on Century Blvd. to a Residence Inn is in the works (opening January 2015). http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...a_marriott.php

Plus another brand new built from the ground up Residence Inn Redondo Beach is about to open near LAX adjacent to the 405 freeway (opening April or May 2014). I pass by it often and they've already started to furnish the rooms. Parking lot hasn't been paved yet, though. http://www.hotelinteractive.com/arti...rticleID=28810
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:11 am

Thanks for the update on both properties!

Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Long Beach Renaissance Lounge hours

Long Beach Renaissance Lounge. March, 2014.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:32 am

Thanks. Do you know if the LBR serves brekkie in the lounge on the weekends or is it in the restaurant? If the latter, is it cont'l or full? If you know please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Definitely no breakfast in the lounge on weekends. Not sure about the restaurant as I've never eaten in it.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On April 11th at about 8 pm we checked in to the LAX Ren on a Park and Fly rate and parked our car on the third floor of the parking garage. We returned to our car once to store an item in the trunk. At no time during parking our car, returning to our car, or checking in was the fact that maintenance was due to be performed on the parking garage mentioned, nor did we see any signs posted. In the morning, when we checked out we asked about retrieving our car on Thursday and again this was not mentioned when they gave the instructions. When we returned from vacation Thursday night (April 17) we immediately noticed that signs were posted warning of maintenance in the garage. When we returned to our car we found that the area it was in was taped off with yellow caution tape and was covered in white grit. We drove the car downstairs and asked the valet what happened, he said the garage had been powerwashed. We went inside and asked to speak to a manager but the front desk clerk said none was available nor did he have a business card for anyone other than the person in charge of risk management. We are very unhappy that no effort was made to warn guests in advance of this maintenance particularly at a hotel that markets its Park and Fly rates and knows that people are parking there long term. Other than contacting MR and the risk management guy, what would you do? I got the car washed and don't see any visible damage, a few pockmarks that may or may not have been there before, but I feel like when we stay on a PnF rate, we are paying to have a safe, covered place to store our car for the week and not have to worry about it and that they pretty much blew it on that.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Renaissance Hotel Los Angeles Airport (LAX)

Dedicating this thread to this hotel since I did not find one solely on this property.

Address: 9620 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045

Overall Impression: Location is within minutes of the airport and has a running shuttle to and from the airport. Still need to drive 5-10mins to hit some major highways, but was centrally located to LA and Orange county for me. Lots of constant plane noise as the runway is right by the hotel and the parking garage reaches capacity at night; so that's a negative. Parking is $26/night. If you plan on renting a car and fly in at night, save the car rental money and parking for one night, and pick it up next morning. Drop off the night before you fly out and take the hotel shuttle instead. I could have saved 2 nights of parking that way.

Elite Experience Check-in: I was recognized as an elite member, offered a bottle of water, but no elite member line to expedite check-in. Waited about 10-15mins to check in.

Welcome Gift: Points or $10 off room service.

Location Impression: Perfect if you are jumping off the plane and turning around quickly. Available hotel shuttle to airport. Walking distance to Hertz rent-a-car. Nearest restaurant is Burger King across the street and In-n-out about 5 mins away. You still need to drive 10-15mins to access some of the major freeways. Great views for planespotting. You can easily go for a leisurely run around the exterior of LAX and it's safe. 10-15mins from Dockweiler Beach; also decent beach to go for a run. If you use Uber, the hotel is right on the outskirts of the airport area where Uber won't force you to use a black car.

Room Impression: Average size, and had a extra sofa chair + small ottoman. Toilet is placed inexplicably far away from the toilet paper, and at your 7-8 o'clock position if you are facing forward. Now why would you torque your body that far for TP?!!

Hotel Impression: Very cool lobby, available gift shop, bar downstairs. Hotel needs to do a better job ensuring available parking for guests, and enforcing which areas are parking spots. Saw too many times people made their own spots, or parked their oversized vehicles across 2-3 spots. Friendly concierge.

Breakfast Impression: 11th floor lounge for elite guests had a great view of LAX was fairly large. Pretty decent stock with hot food, fruit, cereal, coffee.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by pdpgps
Still need to drive 5-10mins to hit some major highways
The 405 is two miles away.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
The 405 is two miles away.
True, but traffic lights on Century Blvd can make it a 5-10-minute journey to get to it. Alternatively one can take Sepulveda to 105 & get to 405 that way too. Might shave a couple of minutes. But 5-10 min to get a freeway isn't bad.

I've stayed at the property before & while it's close to the runway, perhaps the noise is dependent upon what side of the hotel you're on? I don't remember hearing plane noise that much.

The tip about dropping rental car off night before departure or pick up morning after arrival & saving parking fee is spot on. Most of the major car rental agencies are within walking distance of the property.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Stayed at this hotel the last time I was in LA. I had a mixed impression, but I think that had more to do with what time we checked in and the occupancy level at the hotel than anything else. We arrived around 11:30 PM and were given, from what I could tell, the smallest room in the floor. About 10 feet wide and 30ish feet long which made for an odd setup. Was given access to the platinum lounge and the breakfast options were decent, but nothing remarkable. Lounge was very busy which made it difficult to find somewhere to sit, but again I think that was more due to the hotel being nearly sold out. Since this was a layover, the location of the hotel worked perfectly with how close it was to the airport.
Old May 27, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
This is my choice for LAX. Bathrooms are nicer than the regular Marriott. The convenience to AVIS make it easy to drop off car then walk to hotel. If you don't want to walk at night - someone from AVIS will drive you. Hertz is a bit far in my view - and the area is a little seedy.

I also go north on Airport Drive to Manchester Dr - then a quick trip over to La Cienega Blvd. to go North to W. Hollywood or on the 405. When coming back to the airport I always get off at Manchester and use the Shell Gas to fill up.

If going South or East to the Desert - agree - best to go south on Sepulveda to 105 & get to 405.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.