Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I stayed here a few months back...one of the nicest courtyards I have ever stayed in.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...eles-westside/
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
There is a tread already. If you don't want car rental or taxi ride, go with Ren LAX.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by businessclass
My family (myself wife, 2 kids (4yr and 23mo) are flying from ORD to OGG with a one night stopover in LA. Anyone have any recommendations on which marriott property (Cat 1-5) to stay at near the airport? I have a megabonus cert to use.
We get to LA around 3p and have a flight out around 10a the next day.
May want to check the cert in your MR account. If it's a Megabonus cert awarded in 2012 then its probably for a Cat 1 - 4.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by iztok
There is a tread already. If you don't want car rental or taxi ride, go with Ren LAX.
yes it is quite a long tread
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Ren LAX and Long Beach are running a 1500/night bonus point promo Th-Sun:

http://www.travel-results.com/Special-Offers/werm_5334/
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Beware Noisy Fans in Rooms--Can't be turned off!

The noise problem here at LAX Ren is not airplanes.....it's the bathroom fans which have no on/off switch.....tried 3 rooms on the club level (11th floor) and all had fans in the bathroom ceiling which run constantly with hums, vibrations, rattles, resonating off the bathroom tiles....loud enough that the fan noise can be heard even with bathroom door closed (such as when lying in bed or working at desk).

Talked with building engineer who said that all the bathroom fans are on constantly (no on/off switch) and many are new, so may be making more noise.

So, before you settle-in to your room, perhaps take a moment to listen carefully for the amount of noise from the bathroom fan.....it does not go off!

The regular AC/Heat unit is quite quiet, so you can't use it's fan to overcome the bathroom fan noise.....and windows are screwed-shut (large-size Phillips head if you want to be prepared), so otherwise the rooms are quiet.

--------------------
Personally, it was annoying..... at an airport hotel, a fully quiet room seems essential for sleeping at any hour....maybe earplugs should be part of the amenties package.....I booked the LAX Ren rather than the usual LAX FS Marriott, because I thought the Ren would be a smaller, quieter place for weekend jet lag recovery after Asia trip......but the $99 pre-paid weekend rate at the Ren seems to keep it full.....loved one felt the public areas looked quite worn, and the hallway ice machine drains quite yuckky.....couldn't figure out why the "bar food" menu had so many different things which were not on the restaurant menu, since both areas are actually one connected room......nicely, the server in the restaurant was OK with us ordering a variety of things from both menus......as others have noted, Budget rental car lot is across street from Ren, with Avis and Hertz a 5-10 minute walk down the street, and free on-street parking is available within sight of the Ren......overnight guest parking at Ren is $25+tax, which is just about the same as a weekend rental car rate......it is nice that the Ren rooms have mini-fridges that are fully empty, with a sign saying they will fill-it as a mini-bar if you like......with our odd hours jet-lagged needs, the small bodega/liquor store behind the Budget car building was helpful!

Last edited by peersteve; Apr 16, 2013 at 7:26 pm Reason: typos
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've stayed at the LAX Ren a few times & I don't recall the bathroom fans being super noisy. I'm a light sleeper too. I'll have to check next time I'm there. Maybe something's changed, or maybe w/ the door closed it was fine.

I do like the mini-fridge in the Ren rooms. A couple of years ago I had to stay 2 extra nights at the Ren when ORD shut down for almost 3 days due to massive blizzards. Instead of eating in restaurants I drove to Bristol Farms (love the place!) in Manhattan Beach, got some wine & food & had a picnic in my room for a couple of days.

When I stayed at the FS Marriott last year, the room I had faced Century Blvd so between the noise from cars going to/from LAX & the planes (and the noisy bathroom fan in that room), I had very little sleep.

I prefer the Ren over the Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
New Residence Inn by Marriott Redondo Beach Breaks Ground

New Residence Inn by Marriott broke ground this week on the former miniature golf course location. Adjacent to the 405 freeway just north of the Inglewood offramp, just south of Rosecrans.

Opens spring 2014.

http://www.easyreadernews.com/68348/...redondo-beach/
Old May 12, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Will Gold get lounge access at Marriott LAX?

Old May 12, 2013, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by westlaker
Yes.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Maybe..........and best quick answer is in Sharon's thread which she goes to ALOT of trouble to keep updated..........
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html
Los Angeles / Airport Marriott / CLOSED Weekends & All Major Holidays; Coupons; 01/03/13 update

Originally Posted by westlaker
Old May 13, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
New 288 room Courtyard by Marriott coming to Marina del Rey

New Courtyard by Marriott Marina del Rey http://www.labusinessjournal.com/new...oms-l/?page=1& (subscription required but it is free).
Old May 14, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've stayed at the LAX Ren a few times & I don't recall the bathroom fans being super noisy. I'm a light sleeper too. I'll have to check next time I'm there. Maybe something's changed, or maybe w/ the door closed it was fine.

I do like the mini-fridge in the Ren rooms. A couple of years ago I had to stay 2 extra nights at the Ren when ORD shut down for almost 3 days due to massive blizzards. Instead of eating in restaurants I drove to Bristol Farms (love the place!) in Manhattan Beach, got some wine & food & had a picnic in my room for a couple of days.

When I stayed at the FS Marriott last year, the room I had faced Century Blvd so between the noise from cars going to/from LAX & the planes (and the noisy bathroom fan in that room), I had very little sleep.

I prefer the Ren over the Marriott.

Cheers.
I am staying at the Ren LAX now (check out tomorrow), and I have stayed at this hotel MANY times since 2004. They usually remember me here, and are always cheery. I have had a suite here EVERY time I have stayed (actually, this hotel has six suites per floor, except just four on the eleventh, for 58 total suites), and I love the suites. I have never had a problem with the bathroom fans at all. Also, I usually get weekend breakfast here, although the last two times I kind of had to negotiate for it. However, if pressed, weekend breakfast coupons for the restaurant are available, they have a stack of them ready to write out with the room number and name in the back office (they do not keep them at the front desk), even if officially, weekend breakfast coupons are NOT available.

The lounge here is large and very nice, and the staff is wonderful. They do have a nice rotating hot offering for breakfast, although they tend to set the bunson burners too high, and by about 8 AM, the hot item is either over cooked or dried out, as the Eggs Benedict was yesterday morning.

The hotel is always clean and up to date, even though it has not been renovated since it was new in about 2003. I have never had an issue with the bathroom fans being too loud, but I do sometimes hear the plane noises, but they are muffled enough not to be bothersome. My only real complaints are that the AC does not really cool enough, and the curtains do not block out enough sun on the east side, so if you are a light sleeper, the sun will wake you EARLY, so choose the west or north sides of the hotel. I love this hotel, and will continue to stay here as I have.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by rwethereyet850
The Renaissance worked well for me...take the rental car bus across the street to get from/to LAX (quicker than hotel shuttle)
I am considering this hotel for my overnight at LAX next week. Is this property so close to the rental car place that one can easily walk to it in the morning?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The Avis rental location is across the street from the Renaissance LAX. I'm not sure if the pedestrian entrance is easy to walk to from the hotel. The Hertz rental location is about half a mile south on Airport Blvd. I tried to walk back to the Renaissance after dropping my car off, but I found the pedestrian entrance to be a hassle, so I ended up getting dropped off by a Hertz employee in a van. Worst case, you can ask Avis to pick you up at the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.